“wonderful restaurant”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 11 October 2013

love this restaurant, the wonton chicken soup is a classic and also the shanghai food there is awsome! little bit pricy but worth it

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We were looking for somewhere to eat with friends and stopped by Sungs - not having booked - they were almost about to open, and the staff member opened the door early and was very welcoming. We enjoyed our food, but the standout aspect of our evening was the service - our waiter was impressive - knowledgeable, helpful and attentive. I did feel sorry for the staff, as because it was early in the evening, the restaurant was quiet (it was full though by the time we left) and I got the impression they were trying to look busy, as the owner was hovering and watching things closely. I must admit it was a bit off-putting to us as customers, as he gave off an unfriendly, grim vibe.
But great food, polished service, and we would return.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

I lunched at Sungs Kitchen recently with a friend whilst on a mini break in town and it was one of the culinary highlights of my stay. The decor is comfortable and intimate. The service prompt and affable. The food affordable and delicious. The menu listed many dishes I had enjoyed whilst in Hong Kong a couple of years ago (the Chef is from Hong Kong, as was our beaming waiter on the day) and they stacked up well. The spicy beancurd was scrumptuous, as were the juicy pork dumplings. I wished I had had the time to eat there again as there were many dishes I was tempted to try but our tummies were bursting.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

We eat at Sung's kitchen at least once a month and have been for over 12 months. The restaurant is not in Melbourne's China Town but located up near the Queen Vic Market. This is not one of those really big Chinese restaurant, smallish and probably seats around 40-50 people. Food is always reliable and the choices available will suit the majority diners. The specials are great and the staff efficient. Feel free to ask if the Chef will prepare something that is not on the menu, as they are very accommodating. You can BYO your wine although they are fully licensed. Enjoy!

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Worst service ever experienced from a very grumpy old woman who was serving our table & the food was severly overpriced.
Will NEVER recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank DavidAnthony2