“Terrible”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Terrible”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

This place was awful. From the very moment I stepped inside staff where on our backs asking us to not stand there and move over there. The place was so squashed with people there was nowhere to stand, the only areas we could stand and hold our drinks we were asked to move from. The drinks were over priced, bar staff where very rude and mostly female so as a girl I was ignored for some reason everytime I tried to order a drink and was spoken to rudely. The whole place was lame and tryhard classy, if they want the club to appear classy they shouldn't hire bogans and let them speak to customers like rubbish. Unfortunately I had to make the most of it as I was there for a birthday, otherwise I would have left within the first 5 minutes, it really was that bad.

8 Thank EllieMF

Auckland Region, New Zealand
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A bit too try hard for us...”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Grumpy door staff - expensive drinks - crowded like sardines in a can. Soooo for the young hipsters! Such a full on vibe!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Teresa C
Melbourne, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Dress to impress, but the attitudes suck.”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Who doesn't love a club that as a rule of dress to impress, but entry to the club is in an alley way?

Don't get me wrong. The inside of Spice Market is beautiful, but the dark alley way, waiting to get through? When I went, it was cold and wet. Nothing like standing in line in a dark alley way in heels with cold wind brushing by. The wait was incredibly and stupidly long. Standing there, waiting, a group of people would cut the line and automatically make their way straight through, which was very annoying. Talk about attitude when we got in. Fake smiles and unfriendly bouncers really put me off this venue. Same when the inside is pretty.

Once inside, we had wished we should of just stayed outside or found another bar to go to. My friends and I had to literally grab onto each other to squeeeeeeeze our way through the crowds to get to the bar. Once we got our drinks, it was like we had to drink it right at the bar because there was no way we were going to squeeze through the crowd drinks in hand.

Maybe we just picked the wrong day to go in and may need to pick a time where it's not as crowded, but the unfriendly and untrained staff really put me off.

Visited March 2012
6 Thank MaryAnnArceo
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Too much attitude”
Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

If you want bouncers with attitude (you know, the kind who make you queue even when the place is empty), over priced drinks, poor food and (later on) an overcrowded dance floor, then this is the place for you.

Only redeeming feature was that the cocktail and wine lists are decent and the music is (very commercial) but decent.

For me this embodies everything Australia and Melbourne should never be. Pretentious and bland.

6 Thank eponline
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Pretentious”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

A mass of rope and gorillas (Bouncers) to meet you at the door followed by sour faced staff behind the bar and young untrained aggressive staff elswhere. Yes decore has a good designer behind it, but that is it. This place has all the atmosphere of bogan try hard with it pretentious roped "VIP" areas. This is not the refined or edgy bar that we would usually find in Melbourne. It is not the exclusive bar that it promotes itself to be, rather a pretentious con.You need more then gorrillas on the door, some rope and a sign saying VIP to be exclusive. By the way we hated it. Save yourself and go elswhere..

Visited September 2012