“Good but over-hyped”

The Hardware Societe
Ranked #11 of 4,039 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Sydney, Australia
“Good but over-hyped”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went here due to the overwhelming number of recommendations that I kept getting from friends for The Hardware Societe - didn't meet my high expectations.

Food was good but not the level of amazing-ness I was lead to expect from the experience of dining here.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ceciburgers

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
“Some of the best food I have ever had!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I went to this restaurant for brunch with three friends, as it had been recommended on tripadvisor. We were told the wait would be around 35-40 minutes, but it was in fact only 15 minutes. The decor inside is lovely and the atmosphere is great. Food arrived promptly but drinks did arrive a little after the food. Every one of us said the food was exquisite, and we paid around $22 each, which was great value for the quality of the food. Would love to go here again for a different meal!

• Visited May 2014
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Words can't describe how much I love this place”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

MOST AWESOME BRUNCH EVER.

Had a croque madame and cafe mocha at Hardware Societe and have been craving for it ever since (says how delicous the food is). Price was alright, not too expensive by Melbourne standards.

Do expect a wait though as the queues were really long when I got there at 1030am (trust me its worth it). Thankfully I was alone so was seated pretty quickly.

I will definitely go back again when I visit Melbourne!

• Visited April 2014
Perth, Australia
“Great breakfast place”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Got there at the right time and didn't have to wait for a table. Amazing Spanish breakfast - kept us filled for the day. Best hot chocolate I have ever had. Cozy place with long tables and small tables outside - worth looking for down the alleyway

Hong Kong, China
“Tasty spanish”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We found the restaurant on Tripadvisor because it got many great reviews and it was right, the restaurant was easy to find. It is located near our hotel. We had our food with local Spanish food. The food was amazing and delicious. The atmosphere were nice. it was not too expensive, would be back!

• Visited May 2014