“Felt cheated”

Cuisines: International
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I started buying our coffee from Rojo Cafe last week and had a pleasant experience until an Asian lady served us this morning. I have a promo card that gets stamped every time I buy coffee so that I get a free one after purchasing 8 coffees. She only gave me 1 stamp for 2 coffees cause I ordered 1 Tall and 1 small. I told her I normally get two stamps for two coffees irregardless of the size and then she marked off my almost completed loyalty card with "S" for small and gave me a new card she marked off as "T" for tall. I felt cheated out of the deal. Although it's just coffee, I don't like being cheated and made a fool. I will not buy my daily coffee from there again.

6  Thank Catherine B

Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

Deciding to try something different, I took a stroll on hardware lane and came across this gem.
Staff were friendly, portions were generous, and the eggs on toast was delicious.
Would definitely visit again

1  Thank howsta
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Tastiest, freshest food I have had at a cafe. We had breakfast here after getting off the skybus and it was so beautiful we made sure we came back for lunch. It was also great to watch them prepare food for the day-the staff worked like a well oiled machine, quick and efficient. All the food looked so fresh and delicious.

2  Thank Leanne F
Reviewed 13 May 2012

A visit to Melbourne for us is not complete without one of Rojo's breakfasts after a four hour train journey or for the delicious lunchtime selections where what to choose can be difficult from the tasty well presented selection. The small space behind Rojos counter always seems to be a hive of activity, cheerful staff, great selection of food, a cafe exceptionally well run, quick processing of food and beverage orders.

1  Thank Hitchiker_bear
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Our favourite lunch time meal is Rojo's large slice of quiche with
crisp Greek Salad dressed with a dash of balsamic vinegar. There are lots of other mouthwatering choices of course. After an early morning train and bus ride from country Victoria, the Breakfast treat and smell of a toasted Focaccia with egg and bacon, and a cup of frothy coffee gives you that ahhhh contented start to the day.

1  Thank Hitchiker_bear