“Best Spanish Tapas outside Spain.”
Review of Docked - CLOSED

Docked
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Docklands
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Docked is an amazing restaurant that combines a great environment along with an exceptional fusion of ingredients. it is one of a kind thanks to a Master Chef which provides an elegant and unique way of cooking. A must see place!!!

One of my favourite places!

Kim and Gianluca Ragone.

4  Thank Gianluca R

Reviewed 16 December 2011

we are french and last week we went to docked tapas bar.
The chef and Elena given us the welcome in the place.
they brought different free pintoxes for to start the night and the chef explaned evrything in french.
we drinked sangria follow with others fresh pintoxes charged 2 $ each.
After the beautiful sunset and the relaxing atmosphere me and my housband we decided to have diner there.
The spanish waitress Elena explaned to us the menu.
The menu consist in different tapas that the chef change weekly.
Me and my housband we tried alls the plates. delicious...praws crumbed with pistacho and nuts served with zucchini cream,egg plant with manchego cheese,calamari with aioli(the best for me)...and meatballs served in a rich tomato sauce... we drinked authentic spanish wine sangre de toro and 2 delicious mojito cocktail !!we spend 150 $...is nothing considered that we are in melbourne with nice view,nice atmosphere,nice food and very friendly staff....thanks guys for the fantastic night and I hope to see you again in the future....grazias
regards julia

1  Thank 994julia
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I recently bought a deal for Docked which recommended that it was sufficient for four people. Walked in to find a dog in the restaurant, not the kind of thing I want to see when eating. They were very unfriendly and considering I am Spanish myself, I was not impressed with their customer service or some of the things I heard the staff discussing.

The food was twelve pieces of stale bread with barely any toppings and considering there were four of us, we got one jamon pinxto to share?? Very disappointed and when we were asked if we wanted drinks ended up having a very limited menu with no spirits at all.

Would not recommend to anyone. Overpriced and unfriendly.

2  Thank deedee2224
Reviewed 13 December 2011

The tapas were good, but they tried to double charge us for everything. When you order, make sure you specify you want "ONE order of the nachos" or whatever. We just said "We'll try the nachos" so they brought out two orders instead of one like we wanted. It was definitely done in a shady manner.

Great view, though.

6  Thank Cmwings31
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Im spanish and I went with my friends to docked bar tapas last friday.
the service was very friendly and the atmospere amazing,with nice music and nice view.
we had some free pinchos with some sangria for to start.
the chef giosepe explane as the new menu that chanche evry week, and we decided to have the different plates to share.
alls the plates was absolutely amazing and very nice!!!
the best plates for me was the warm goat cheese salad. the egg plant and frito mixto de calamares y calabazin.
the chef is very smart and very prepareted about spanish mediterran food.
we will come back soon because we are corius to see what this amazing chef we will prepare again for as.
hasta pronto...