“seafood platter yum yum”

Rubiras at Swallows
Ranked #298 of 4,065 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Port Melbourne
Victoria Australia
“seafood platter yum yum”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We went here Thursday Night with a groupon deal The staff where excellent and super welcoming food was delicious and wine was good. I would recommend this restaurant. As we had a deal the prices of the meal was irrelevant to us . I checked out the menu board prices where not cheap high 30s for mains but food was amazing and venue beautiful.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank denise000

Melbourne, Australia
“Order the scallops”
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

If you love seafood then thus is the place to go. Seafood never tasted so good, food is fresh tasty and inventive. I have visited this restaurant six times and can't wait to go back.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Lilly_Flakes
Mordialloc, Australia
“Top Nosh in a Top Spot”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was our first visit to Rubira's at Swallows in Port Melbourne; we went last Saturday on the suggestion of the "birthday girl" in our group of four. To say we surprised (pleasantly so) would be an understatement. In a word sensational, the food, the service, the surroundings, the whole experience was exceptional. The blackboard menu caters for all tastes, the entree's are great for sharing, the fish choices are of the highest quality and the cooking is superb. The waiter was informative, friendly, efficient and made our evening by his suggestions and advice on what to pick and what to combine. The atmosphere is friendly and warm, and the surroundings very comfortable especially on a cold night where the open fire was welcome. You must try the Rubira's original chilli prawns, to this chilli prawn fan they were the best ever, anywhere. Fiery but with a lingering taste that did not burn at all just left you well and truly satisfied - but begging for more. Rubira's is not cheap but delivers full value for money and a dining experience that you will remember for a long time to come!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Peter W
Detroit
“A Wonderful Surprise!”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My husband and I went to Rubieras upon the recommendation of a concierge at our hotel. We had specified we wanted to eat Italian food that evening, our first in Melbourne. Our cabbie had difficulty finding it, as it is not a tourist hangout and is not on top of downtown Melbourne. We loved it! It was warm, inviting, and unpretentious. The service and the food spoke volumes about how fine this restaurant is! The seafood was superb - our waiter recommended Moreton Bay Bugs, which was something I hadn't encountered previously - (being an American - what do we know?) The lamb was seasoned beautifully,as tender as it could possibly have been . The waiter also recommended a good wine. He was never wrong! By the way, I ordered the Moreton Bay Bugs at another restaurant several days later and it didn't compare to the dish at Rubieras!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank NonniefromMichigan
Sydney, Australia
“top quality, one of the best”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I have been to Rubiras a number of times, both business and personal. John is a great passionate guy, cares about the food that is presented in his establishment and never fails to deliver.
I have invited business colleagues to impress, friends to have a good nosh and on my own when on various trips - I have never been let down.
It does not matter how you like you fish, it will be done the way you like - I had a steak last time - it was one of the best I have had - beating a tophotel I went to the next day who promoted thier steak offering as one of the best in Melbourne.
Book if you do not want to be disappointed (even in the week)

• Visited May 2013