“Grand final”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

This was my first time here for the afl grand final.
Nice bar, gets very busy but they have plenty of staff on so you don't wait too long to get served.
The only negative about the place is that the bathrooms are upstairs.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Visited this afternoon at about 2pm with my little sister as I got her vidcon tickets for her 12th birthday and it was just me and her in Melbourne this weekend. We were walking along the wharf and thought this looked perfect as it had other children running about so we assumed it was family friendly. We ordered a sharing plate of fries and a glass of wine for me (I'm 18) obviously they checked my ID so they were aware of my age. As my sister and I waited for our food we found a seat outside. Not long later we were served our food. Before even having any of the fries a different member of staff comes out to inform us that we have to leave. She says it's due to a law that won't allow minors to be in a pub unless with someone 25 or over - even if it is just for food. I completely understand that, it's the law and that's out of their control. But after I have ordered, received and paid for my food and drink?! I had to quickly finish my glass of wine and the only thing they could do was give me my chips to go, if I wanted take away fries I could've gone to bloody maccas for much cheaper. At this point I was not only livid but humiliated as I was asked to leave in front of everyone else dining there. This was very poorly dealt with. I was even moved to a different table by the person serving our food so they were fully aware we would be dining in. Had I been told before I wasted $25 and part of my day, I wouldn't have been fussed and could've gone elsewhere. Completely ruined the mood for the day.

Darcy V, Manager at Melbourne Public, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We apologise for your experience, and agree that as per your comments it was poorly dealt with. We would love to follow up on this and also to offer you compensation... could you please get in touch with me at alex@melbournepublic.com.au? Thanks, Alex.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

This venue is located at South Wharf and does not face the waterfront.

Whilst waiting for my wife to arrive for a nearby dinner appointment I dropped in for a beer and to watch the Storm v Parramatta rugby match which was playing on the large screen outdoors on the veranda area. This area wasn't crowded and the lovely outdoor heaters kept the area warm.

Indoors was very crowded and noisy as the large screen were showing the Swans v Essendon finals match.

1  Thank tommomelbourne

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! Glad you enjoyed the ambiance of our terrace... and managed to find some quiet away from the footy fans!
Thanks, The MP Team.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Caught up with a friend on a Friday afternoon around 4.30pm - perfect knock off time for city workers - and it was packed! Nice little location and if you can get a good table you're lucky because it fills up pretty quickly! Just gets very noisy!!

Darcy V, Manager at Melbourne Public, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Hi, thank you for your review! Glad to hear you enjoyed your Friday afternoon drinks! Hopefully see you in here again soon. Thanks, The MP Team.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Great atmosphere and super friendly staff. Only had delicious beer and tasty wedges. We will be back, its right next to awesome shopping mall.

Darcy V, Manager at Melbourne Public, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you for your glowing review! Glad you enjoyed your time here - next time you must try one of our meals from our carefully curated menu. See you during your next shopping trip to the DFO! Thanks, The MP Team.