“A Gift that keeps on Giving”
Review of Photography Made Easy - CLOSED

Photography Made Easy
More attraction details
Owner description: Photography Made Easy is an officially accredited Australian Tourism Business. Regards Owner and operator Martin Bonnici
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I was given a present to attend this tour, and what a fantastic gift it was. In 10 minutes, Martin knew my interests in photography, my gaps in knowledge (vast), and what I was hoping to learn.

Over the next 4 hours he showed me everything and more that I needed and wanted. He found a way that suited my learning style to pass on his incredible knowledge and experience. I have a better sense of why I like the photos I do, and how I can take simple steps in composition, “film” speed, lighting and exposure to make better pictures with my new DSLR.

Time flies on the tour, but never felt rushed. If you’re lucky, you may even expand your knowledge of philosophy and bobsledding! I look forward to taking his follow-up workshops as soon as possible.

Perhaps a quote from a favourite philosopher of Martin’s sums up the feeling of this workshop “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” (Marcus Aurelius)

1  Thank RLBates

Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

Great teacher, especially for less technically minded people- but still technical, as this was an area I wanted to better understand :-)

Would highly highly recommend this company!

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Yesterday I had a fabulous time with Martin out and about in Melbourne. I learned LOTS.............I would like to say a massive THANK YOU to Martin for yesterday.............it was not as good as I had hoped it would be...........it was far far better than I imagined it could be..........thank you for your patience and genuine interest, thank you for sharing your time, your stories, your advice, your knowledge, your handy hints, your creativity, your humour and your passion.......I look forward to shooting some much better pictures now I am armed with a few tools and have a better understanding of my camera............I will sign up soon for advanced workshop...........cheers :-)

Reviewed 17 December 2012

Did a class with Martin last week. It was a fantastic learning and tourism experience. I recommend a class with Martin if you are looking for a unique travel experience and for those who want to learn about photography at any level (not mutually exclusive either.) It was exciting walking through Melbourne with a local who has in-depth knowledge. I grew up in Melbourne and studied tourism in Victoria, and still learnt a lot.

From a photography standpoint, this was an amazing learning opportunity. I’ve been studying photography in Chicago, for 3 years, and learnt a tremendous amount. Martin is an excellent communicator, with ability to teach technical concepts in a simple fashion. The most valuable part of the class for me, was being able to tap into professional experience. I felt able to travel light years in photography experience.
Be prepared to learn a lot and also have good time. I would have easily paid twice as much for the time I spent with Martin.

Mandy Whelton
Chicago, IL

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I have done all three tours beginners,advaced and night photography with Martin. I was given a DSLR as a gift and didn't have a glue how to use it. After spending time with Martin I never use the auto as I learnt from the beginning how to use the camera properly, thanks to Martin. What an experience it is to walk the streets of Melbourne with a professional photographer, Martin sees the city in an entirely different way than how I did. He taught me to look around me and to be aware of what's around me.
Not only is it a photography tour but a history tour as well, as we where walking around, Martin is also giving a history tour and it was very interesting as I found out things I didn't know about my own town.
Martin is a very pleasant and very very patient man, he made sure that i understood how to get the best picture and what settings I should use, he didn't move on until he knew I got it. I must admit I did a lot of chimping when I first started actually I was fumbling with the camera, he showed me how to handle it and he had to remind me quite a few times but he never never sounded or acted frustrated with me. I took my camera and knowledge with me oversees on a recent holiday and I came back with some amazing shots. I just remembered what I was taught. Thank you Martin for your knowledge and patience, I hardly ever chimp now and I look up and down and now I get real joy from the rain as I know there will be puddles.

1  Thank Brenda M