Quality Hotel Downtowner on Lygon
Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$122
  • Room Service
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$136
US$101
US$95
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$138
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$77
  • Free Internet
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$117
US$96
US$85
  • Restaurant
Pensione Hotel Melbourne - by 8Hotels(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$76
  • Restaurant
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$124
  • Fitness centre
US$319
US$257
  • Pool
All reviewsa king spa roomgreat locationroom was cleancar parkingbig bathroomcarlton gardensmelbourne museumon site parkingcooked breakfaststay there againstreet noisewithin walking distanceshort walkbathroom doorqueen victoria marketsgood sizeyour doorstep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here on two separate occasions within the same week. On both occasions I had a very comfortable room which was in good condition and maintained well. Just for reference - as well as the mini bar which costs money they also have free coffee & tea making facilities. I only discovered this on the last day. It was hidden in the wardrobe. I mentioned it to the staff at checkout and they have promised to do something about it for the future.
During my stay I ate in the restaurant both for dinner and breakfast. The food was excellent. Unfortunately the restaurant wasn't very busy midweek but that didn't affect the quality of the service or the food. If you choose to have breakfast there is an excellent menu as well as the normal continental buffet.
I made use of the bar attached to the hotel. Again it suffered from under use which meant that they closed early if they weren't busy. The staff were exceptional though, very friendly and happy to chat.

Location was a little out of town but the centre can be reached within 10mins walking. However it is very close to a street full of restaurants of various styles and nationalities.

To summarise - I would definitely stay here again even if just for the quality of service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Zedbiker
Kevin B, General Manager at Quality Hotel Downtowner on Lygon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Zedbiker

Thanks for your review.

For taking the time to give us your feedback, I would like to offer a free upgrade on your next stay, please contact me directly to book this for you.

General manager

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I booked this hotel through a Priceline decision, not realizing that star ratings in Australia are generally inflated. I knew what I was getting into after the fact, though. This hotel is really more like a motel, and it's not nearly as nice as some of the other options for not much more money. However, the service is excellent, and the beds comfortable, so I slept well once I cranked the heating up. I found the area to be quite noisy, with lots of street and bird noise.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Joseph T

Dear Joseph T

Thanks for your review.

General manager

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Beds are super comfortable, great location, staff friendly, helpful, professional and bubbly. Rooms are clean, plenty of toiletries and towels available. Great location and breakfast is great value. I'll definitely be staying again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear wiccan _beltane,

Thanks for the perfect score!

Really pleased we exceeded your expectations in all the key areas...Clean rooms; friendly professional team and a great breakfast.

Come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

After a long trip on the v/line I came in late at night and was greeted by the most helpful staff. I stayed in a King standard which was the most comfortable sleep I've had in a long time, loved the layout of the room plenty of space. On checkout I was pleasantly surprised that the early morning staff at the counter were just as lovely I was served by Olivia who could not do enough to help me. The breakfast was also a treat once again greeted with exceptional customer service. Keep up the good work Downtowner.

Room Tip: Being on Lygon street I thought there would be a fair bit of traffic noise considering my room was on the front but no I found my room very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Wanaderer3156,

Wow - Thanks for the perfect score!

I am pleased the team on the desk were consistently friendly and I also enjoyed passing on your feedback to Olivia.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Perfect location for Dinner in Lygon Street. Staff are friendly. They let us leave our car there after checkout so we could do shopping at Vic Market . Great breakfast. Order taken on arrival so fresh and hot. Very comfortable and clean. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Coolflipper,

Thanks for the fantastic review, and very pleased to hear you ejoyed our breakfast.

Come and stay with us again soon.