Melbourne Marriott Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Oaks on Lonsdale(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$113
  • Free Internet
US$96
  • Bar/Lounge
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$109
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$174
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$138
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
US$96
US$85
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Pensione Hotel Melbourne - by 8Hotels(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$76
  • Restaurant
Art Series - The Blackman(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$139
  • Room Service
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$124
  • Fitness centre
Hotel Claremont(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$49
  • Breakfast included
1,698 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeconcierge deskspecial thanksexhibition streetvalet parkingroom was spaciousearly checkan upgradebuffet breakfastfederation squaretheatrelolliesgymcbdfurnishingsdoormanmcg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2011

We recently stayed at the Marriott for the weekend, after a good review in The Australian newspaper about the recent 10 million dollar renovations.

We arrived on Friday evening and were poured a glass of sparkling wine at breakfast, which was a nice touch.

As I walked over to the lift I straight away noticed that the renovations did not extend to the lifts, or even their buttons or panels. The room had been nicely freshened up and was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom however, was spartan and cheaply done.

Breakfast in the Essence restaurant was great both Saturday and Sunday morning. The staff working in the restaurant, and throughout the hotel, were friendly and professional.

I would stay at the Marriott again only really if I needed to be on this side of the city, or if the rate was right. Otherwise there are better hotels in Melbourne CBD.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelliingaussie
Reviewed 13 February 2011

I recently stayed at the Marriott Melbourne Hotel with my partner and must admit it was definitely disappointing considering it's been rated as a five star hotel.

We stayed in the newly renovated Premium room and was impressed with the size of the room, bathroom also had a refurb however the finish on the door/shower looked cheap, room also didn't offer slippers which we found strange. Internet is not free and extremely overpriced.

The bed was extremely uncomfortable ( too soft), my partner and i woke up with sore backs in the morning. Also we could hear doors shutting all hours of the night so the room was not sound proofed well.
Staff was good but took too long to check in. Also we had our alarm set off early in the morning from the previous party who stayed in our room - hotel staff need to ensure this is reset when new guests have checked in.

The positives is the location, several minutes walk to Chinatown and other key areas in the CBD.

Reviewed 11 February 2011

Terrific location -- convenient to shopping, free bus and circle trolley. Concierge staff was very helpful and informative. Provided comprehensive suggestions, recommendations and even maps for touring both around Melbourne and beyond. I felt like we were talking to a travel agent! He even told us how to get tickets to the Australian Open!

Hotel itself was nothing special. We stayed only one night using Marriott points. The front desk staff was rather snobby and aloof. Our room was on the same floor as the pool and the entire floor smelled like chlorine! The room itself was fine with a cute little balcony.

- Fitness center was terrible. 1 of the three machines did not work. The TV was stuck on some sports channel with no ability to change (tho I was the only one there).
- Parking was OUTRAGEOUS -- $35 for one night, Around the corner, parking was $10.
- Internet was NOT free, but we found that is common in Australia.
- A local phone call cost $1.25? $1.50? Whatever -- but charging for local calls?

Reviewed 8 February 2011

Got a newly refurbished room which was excellent. Plenty of room, large bed and lounge area. We had requested a cot for our toddler which came promptly.
Friendly staff. Apparently the pool was pretty cold although there is a hot tub. Only complaint is that the bathroom is a little bit shabby (but barely) given the sleekness of the rest of the room. We were also bothered by some banging and drilling during the day but by that point we had been woken up and couldn't be bothered to complain. Check in advance if they are doing any repair/refurbishments before you stay!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2011

My partner and I were looking for a 5 star hotel in a handy location in the Melbourne CBD. I read the previous reviews on this site and decided (based on the package offered on another site) that the Marriott was the best choice.
The bed was amazing to sleep on and I slept really well. The service attentive and friendly with no attitude (very refreshing) and the room a good size with everything you need. Whilst the Marriott Melbourne is not as 5 star as some of the other hotels around that area, it was a very enjoyable stay. My only negative was the price of the room service compared with the size of the meal but I guess that is the same with all hotels.