“Truely Exceptional”

Ranked #8 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Boulder, Colorado, United States
“Truely Exceptional”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

For someone who has been Platinum with Marriott for the better part of 15 years, there are certain things you learn to expect with Marriott and that’s probably why they get the better part of my business across four continents. They are steadfast and reliable and you know what you are going to get. This Marriott however deserves special attention!

I have stayed in some pretty exotic locations and some very expensive hotels – Marriott family and others, but the welcome I received right from the moment I checked in on a business trip at the Melbourne Marriott was most memorable. I’m not sure if I hit a special day but a glass of Champaign while checking in, even for a Marriott Platinum was a first. The service continued to excel in every way throughout my stay.

Taking a cell phone call just after checking in while sipping my glass of champers a bell boy politely offered to whisk my bags to my room so I wouldn’t need to bother with them. They were there 15 minutes later when I reached my room ready for me.

The Executive Lounge was a treat and most worthy of mention, and even though I went out for dinner, the appetizers in the lounge far outshone the later meal.

Leaving my bags with the concierge while I left for client meetings was the easiest ever and when I walked back in later in the day, I was recognized and my bags politely wheeled out to me.

Whoever is in charge of staff training at this hotel needs to get round to the rest of the Marriott empire. Other hotels have a lot to learn!

Room Tip: Get a room on the Concierge Level to enjoy the lounge. Its well worth it at this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard S
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Richard S,

WOW! Thank you very much for your very flattering review!

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay; it is always great to welcome platinum guests to our hotel.

I do hope that we see you back at the hotel in the near future whether it be on business or if you are visiting Melbourne for a holiday!

Edward White

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Having stayed here earlier in the year with good results and the need arising for accommodation in the city once more, I decided - with a good price for early bookings - that I would choose the Marriott again.

Initially my stay was for 2 nights, Saturday and Sunday. I decided to extend the trip but with the online system refusing to extend my original booking without charging crazy fees (and laziness, I didn't want to have to call the hotline) I simply booked another night, the Friday night, for the same rate separately.
The week before I was due to arrive I called to let them know that I had made two bookings but would be staying for 3 nights in a row, and was hoping they would be able to accommodate me by placing me in the same room. The usual hotel response "We will try to help" was given, as expected.
On arrival, I had the wonderful Sonia check me in, who on request was able to assist me in my request, only asking that I returned to the front desk the following morning to retrieve new keys.

The next morning, my bill for the first night was under my door and a fresh set of keys accompanied it. Even though I had to practically walk past the front desk on the way out of the hotel, I felt the service of delivering them to me was a nice touch and much appreciated.

Overall the hotel was once again clean, the room excellent, the room service quite nice and staff service absolutely fantastic - I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Melbourne (just try to book ahead for a better price of course!).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear SyntheticMilk,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review follolwing your recent experience with us!

I am very glad to hear that sonia was able to look after you and make your stay that much more enjoyable. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to her.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near futre.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have only stayed in this hotel one night. The staff from checkin to the restaraunt were fantastic and the highlight of the stay. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom has been modernised with a great walkin shower but no bath (my preference anyway). I really like this property and look forward to my next stay next week.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the back to avoid traffic noise from Exhibition Street
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Oztravels7,

Thank you very much for such a wonderfull review!

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again next week!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Booked a standard room for 3 nights using Marriott points. The hotel is a little north of the river, everything is within walking distance and very close to the free tourist trolley. The hotel is on the corner so rooms on the back side have no view. We were "upgraded" to a city view room with access to the executive lounge. The room was a standard King room with table and chairs. The room was very clean and spacious. The lounge offered breakfast, lite appetizers, desserts and beverages. We stocked up on the waters and sodas to save a bit of money as these items average about 3.50 a bottle in the 7-11 next store. I would say this hotel is very similar to the Marriott hotels in the states.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear 859TK,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review following your recent experience with us here at the Melbourne Marriott.

I am glad to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us and got to experience our executive level!

I do hope you consider staying with us next time you visit Melbourne,

Sydney
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed at the Marriot for one night this weekend just past. Service was excellent, room very fresh and clean. We booked as a "mystery" hotel and this was what it turned out to be.
We were greeted with chocolate strawberries and a glass of sparkling wine each at check-in, and even though we arrived at 12.30pm, with check in at 2.00pm, a room was ready so we could go to it immediately. This was great as we had a wedding to attend at 2.30pm, and meant we could change in the room.
When we returned after the reception, we wanted a nightcap, but the bar was closed. The hotel staff arranged for a drink to be delivered to our room - on the house! Lovely touch.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear FFSydney,

Thank you so much for writing such a flattering review following your recent experience with us here at the Melbourne Marriott.

I am very glad to hear that you had a great experience with us and that you both enjoyed the wedding you attended!

I do hope that you consider staying with us again when you next visit Melbourne.

Sydney
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I have stayed at the Melbourne Marriott 3 times & lived it, love the service, the location & food that is served. The only thing lacking at The Marriott is the lack of racing channels on television provided. Please, please bring back TVN & all the Sky racing channels especially for the spring racing carnival - they are essential. The Melbourne Marriott is a wonderful place to stay & I have no hesitation in recommending the Melbourne Marriott as a place to stay in Melbourne. Cheers Jane

• Stayed November 2013
Dear MissDunn,

Thank you once again for providing your feedback about your recent stay with us here at the Melbourne Marriott!

It is very pleasing to hear you continue to enjoy your stays with us. With regards to the racing channels I have adressed this with the team and we will do our best to ensure these are back and working ASAP.

We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel in the near future!

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hotel is located right in the Melbourne, Australia, downtown area. It is very convenient to go to many good restaurants, shops and entertainment within walking distance. Be aware that shops are usually closed before 7 pm. Room is fine - not too big not too small. Hotel service is great. Executive lounge is small but good enough for a quick breakfast and happy hours cocktail. The happy hours cocktail provides many good wines, food and dessert. The food can fill you up so that you most likely do not need your dinner anymore.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Stanley C,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review following your recent stay with us here at the Melbourne Marriott Hotel.

It sounds like you got to experience our executive lounge during your stay with us, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our happy cocktail that we do every evening!

I do hope you consider staying with us again when you are next visiting Melbourne.