“Excellent.”

Ranked #8 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Excellent.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Top location in central Melbourne and it has all the trimmings of a very fine hotel. The staff are very well trained and if we visit Melbourne again we would be sure to stay here again.
Excellent breakast selection is available and good dinners too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Spinleks,

Thank you very much for such a flattering review!

It is very pleasing to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast selection whilst staying with us. Our chefs do a great job with the breakfast buffets, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to them.

Look forward to seeing you in the future.

Edward White

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I recently stayed here for two nights on a business trip to Melbourne. Centrally located in Melbourne's CBD, it is close to the theatre district and Chinatown. The hotel is well appointed with the features that you would expect to find with a quality hotel. The rooms were spacious, and the bed comfortable. The extra space meant that you did not feel cramped for room with the table and chairs. The staff were very friendly and professional. The glass of champagne on arrival was a nice welcoming touch. Frequent business travellers appreciate the quality rooms because they make the time away from home more bearable.

2 Thank TWal1
Dear TWal1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the quality of our rooms! Our housekeepers and engineers do a fantastic job to keep the rooms looking and feeling amazing!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Bangkok
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Although I stayed here just only one night, marriott was not making me disappointed.

The staffs were professional and friendly. I requested for high floor when making reservation; they give me the highest floor :D with a nice view.

The bed was clean and comfy. New and modern bathroom.

This hotel is in the middle of the town. It takes you just a few minutes walk to china town to find something good.

Pros: Location. High standard of service. Staffs. Room design.
Only con: The body lotion in toiletries kit is the used one. (The housekeeper might have missed this one as it is very hard to tell with this type of bottle. However, when I was going to use it, I found out that it was half empty.)

Friendly suggestion: to make it easy for our lovely housekeeping, if you already used the toiletries, don't close the cap and put it on the same position as it wasn't touched. Please either left the cap opened or throw it away :p

Dear Piichiez,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review following your recent stay with us here at the Melbourne Marriott.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our room’s bed and bathroom! We have had a lot of compliments on the very comfortable mattress toppers that we have recently added.

Look forward to seeing at the hotel in the future.

Boulder, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

For someone who has been Platinum with Marriott for the better part of 15 years, there are certain things you learn to expect with Marriott and that’s probably why they get the better part of my business across four continents. They are steadfast and reliable and you know what you are going to get. This Marriott however deserves special attention!

I have stayed in some pretty exotic locations and some very expensive hotels – Marriott family and others, but the welcome I received right from the moment I checked in on a business trip at the Melbourne Marriott was most memorable. I’m not sure if I hit a special day but a glass of Champaign while checking in, even for a Marriott Platinum was a first. The service continued to excel in every way throughout my stay.

Taking a cell phone call just after checking in while sipping my glass of champers a bell boy politely offered to whisk my bags to my room so I wouldn’t need to bother with them. They were there 15 minutes later when I reached my room ready for me.

The Executive Lounge was a treat and most worthy of mention, and even though I went out for dinner, the appetizers in the lounge far outshone the later meal.

Leaving my bags with the concierge while I left for client meetings was the easiest ever and when I walked back in later in the day, I was recognized and my bags politely wheeled out to me.

Whoever is in charge of staff training at this hotel needs to get round to the rest of the Marriott empire. Other hotels have a lot to learn!

Room Tip: Get a room on the Concierge Level to enjoy the lounge. Its well worth it at this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard S
Dear Richard S,

WOW! Thank you very much for your very flattering review!

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay; it is always great to welcome platinum guests to our hotel.

I do hope that we see you back at the hotel in the near future whether it be on business or if you are visiting Melbourne for a holiday!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Having stayed here earlier in the year with good results and the need arising for accommodation in the city once more, I decided - with a good price for early bookings - that I would choose the Marriott again.

Initially my stay was for 2 nights, Saturday and Sunday. I decided to extend the trip but with the online system refusing to extend my original booking without charging crazy fees (and laziness, I didn't want to have to call the hotline) I simply booked another night, the Friday night, for the same rate separately.
The week before I was due to arrive I called to let them know that I had made two bookings but would be staying for 3 nights in a row, and was hoping they would be able to accommodate me by placing me in the same room. The usual hotel response "We will try to help" was given, as expected.
On arrival, I had the wonderful Sonia check me in, who on request was able to assist me in my request, only asking that I returned to the front desk the following morning to retrieve new keys.

The next morning, my bill for the first night was under my door and a fresh set of keys accompanied it. Even though I had to practically walk past the front desk on the way out of the hotel, I felt the service of delivering them to me was a nice touch and much appreciated.

Overall the hotel was once again clean, the room excellent, the room service quite nice and staff service absolutely fantastic - I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Melbourne (just try to book ahead for a better price of course!).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear SyntheticMilk,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review follolwing your recent experience with us!

I am very glad to hear that sonia was able to look after you and make your stay that much more enjoyable. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to her.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near futre.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have only stayed in this hotel one night. The staff from checkin to the restaraunt were fantastic and the highlight of the stay. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom has been modernised with a great walkin shower but no bath (my preference anyway). I really like this property and look forward to my next stay next week.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the back to avoid traffic noise from Exhibition Street
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Oztravels7,

Thank you very much for such a wonderfull review!

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again next week!

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Booked a standard room for 3 nights using Marriott points. The hotel is a little north of the river, everything is within walking distance and very close to the free tourist trolley. The hotel is on the corner so rooms on the back side have no view. We were "upgraded" to a city view room with access to the executive lounge. The room was a standard King room with table and chairs. The room was very clean and spacious. The lounge offered breakfast, lite appetizers, desserts and beverages. We stocked up on the waters and sodas to save a bit of money as these items average about 3.50 a bottle in the 7-11 next store. I would say this hotel is very similar to the Marriott hotels in the states.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear 859TK,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review following your recent experience with us here at the Melbourne Marriott.

I am glad to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us and got to experience our executive level!

I do hope you consider staying with us next time you visit Melbourne,