“Wonderful Stay & Excellent Service”

Melbourne Marriott Hotel
Ranked #11 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here on Saturday night and having stayed at other 5 star Melbourne Hotels were blown away with the service at the Hotel. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty with Offer of help with our bags, to a glass of champagne at check in. We had the executive lounge package and were located on the 9th floor. The Valet parking was $40, which we were not going to get but were so happy at check in we thought what the hell..
The rooms are spacious and clean, King bed (not a zip bed) extremely comfy, good size bathroom and shower. The executive lounge was small in comparison to other hotels but none the less equipped with snacks and alcoholic beverages from 5.30pm. My only let down was being vegetarian no hot food selection. The breakfast in the Lounge was basic with Breads, Fruit, Cereal and Eggs, but was fine for us. Check out was simple and fast, when we picked up our car from valet we were even given a lolly bag for the ride home. Staff seemed to be happy working and was a pleasant surprise, well done Marriott would definitely travel back to your hotel, best service I have ever received.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Frequentoztravellers,

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a review on Tripadvisor following your recent experience with us.

We are very flattered t hear that you enjoyed your stay with the Melbourne Marriott Hotel was enjoyable.

I do hope that myself and the team get to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Was great to get away for a few nights with my wife.
We stayed in a club room, awesome having the lounge there for access.
Upon arrival we were upgraded to breakfast at the restaurant which was swell. And the service was outstanding. A guy named Jason was so helpful. A few things stood out. In the club lounge, I was asking if he knew how to make a martini, he didn't, but he figured it out and it tasted great! Then when we were leaving, we needed a maxitaxi, there wasn't one within hauling distance so he walked to one he saw a block and a half away... All the staff were great, but this guy was above and beyond. Thanks marriott.

• Stayed: January 2014
MelbourneMarriott, Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Benopeters,

Thank you very much for such an amazing review!

So glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us, Jason is one of our long serving employees he has been at the hotel for 7 years and is a great asset to the team. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to him and the team.

I do hope that we get to welcome you and your wife back to the hotel soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

My husband and I spent 3 nights in the lead up to Christmas. The Marriott is a $10 taxi fare from Southern Cross station where we caught the Skybus from the airport.
The staff were superb, sparkling wine on arrival at the check in desk and daily Xmas chocolates. All the staff we encountered were friendly and attentive. We requested a quiet room away from the lifts and this was accommodated. The rooms are a little dated but a good size with extra room for a small table and an arm chair with foot stool.
Well located for city shopping, Chinatown as well as a short walk to the trendy Gertrude Street in Fitzroy. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: quieter away from the lifts as is usual anywhere
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear SkippyTravellerChick,

Thank you so much for your detailed contribution to tripadvisor following your recent stay with us here at the hotel.

It sounds like you and your partner had an amazing time exploring some of the many attractions that surround the hotel!

We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night as a mystery deal through Wotif. The room was lovely. It was spacious and clean. However, we chose to stay in the executive suite and so I guess I expected more. Our Television was broken, the volume wouldn't go up past 30. We had purchased an in-house movie for $17.95 and could hardly hear it. The other issue I had was with the executive lounge. We have stayed in other executive suites before and this lounge was nowhere near the level of other hotels we have visited before.
I don't like giving bad reviews, however it is not a place I would rush back to.
On the plus side however, we ordered room service (salmon and Kilpatrick oysters) and they were outstanding. The staff at reception were lovely also.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Renee9x9,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor to share your experience on the Melbourne Marriott Hotel. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback. Please know that we have taken note of your comments and have since had engineering look at your TV.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to Melbourne.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed at Marriot over New Years. Found all staff, check-in, concierge and cleaning staff very friendly and happy to provide some suggestions when they knew what we were planning that day.

Room was comfortable and perfect for our needs.

Only improvement could be the pool & gym. Pool designed more for use by kids than adults, pool toys everywhere even though pool not used. It would be nice if we did not have to remove these before our swim. Gym is very small.

Lots of small restaurants and cafes nearby so did not eat at hotel, and it is close to Melbourne free trams, so transport very convenient.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I travelled with two children. On arrival at the hotel we were made to feel like royalty, the staff were very attentive and extremely friendly. The children were given activity packs by the concierge and I was handed a glass of bubbly while checking in. The reception staff changed our room allocation so that the children had a courtyard room to 'stretch their legs'.
The room itself was fantastic and spacious. I booked directly with the hotel and requested 2 double beds - which was happily accommodated.
The buffet breakfast was delicious (although the $17.50/child is a little rich I feel, considering their small appetites).
I am a little surprised at some of the negative reviews - I would highly recommend this hotel to others and will definitely stay again.
Fantastic staff!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chev39
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Just return from an amazing 4 night stay over Christmas period @ Marriott Melbourne.Travelled as a family of 4 (2 adults + 2 kids- 6 & 4yrs) greeted with smiles by friendly staff throughout our stay.Free complimentary WIFI.Room clean & comfortable beds.Great selection of tasty food.Wonderful staff particularly Brian (in dining) he was exceptional,kept my kids entertained & they loved the high 5's he gave them after breakfast.5 star service.Thank you Marriott.

Stayed: December 2013