“Great Hotel in CBD”

Melbourne Marriott Hotel
Ranked #11 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We spent 12 days here and had a lovely time. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and the staff at this hotel were great. We had many meals at the hotel and the food was very good and very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: It's not a tall hotel and in the middle of the CBD there is not an amazing view, so any room sho...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
MelbourneMarriott, General Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Good to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Melbourne ...... and the Melbourne Marriott!
12 days is a good length of time to get the feel of our city, and being in the middle of the CBD would have given you lots of options of things to do and see.
I'm pleased you enjoyed the meals you had here with us and hope you also got to sample some of the other cuisines in our city.
Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Kindest regards,
George Varughese

Write a ReviewReviews (1,637)

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Unforgettable experience.Best experience till date.Will refer my friends and family.Nice location not very far from China Town and Best Restaurants of Melbourne on Bourke Street........................................:-)))))

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This smaller Marriott was our home base for a week's get away in Melbourne. First, it was in a very good location, near the circle (free) tram, several excellent restaurants, museums, etc. The room was wonderful - a junior suite with city view. Nice modern decor and very comfy bed. Breakfast and parking were included in the package. The breakfast buffet was extensive and good quality, loved the omelets. Staff was attentive and friendly, the concierge gave us good advice on nearby restaurants too. We would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The Marriot Melbourne was a very nice hotel perfectly located to visit theatre.
We arrived very late as all aircraft had been delayed across the nation due to a power disruption in Sydney. We must have been the last guests to arrive as we seem to have gotten the last room at the inn.
When I got my booking confirmation out & checked - it did say lovely city views - I thort maybe I had imagined it.... when I opened the curtains to see a massive brick wall @ $450 per night for 2 nights.....Not happening
So I too my paper with me - and approached reception saying I wasn't happy with the room as I was promised a "city - view". The lady was not happy, and said that was the only room left.
I told her I don't want it - i want what I booked - a room with city views.
A man interjected and offered to take me to another room with views.
When we arrived and opened the door - Bang - INSTANT - FRESH PAINT - HEADACHE.
I walked one step in & then straight out.
Back to reception - an amount of wells & wont's, & eventually got upgraded to a suite.
Now we had a lounge room and a bedroom. No Smell & a lovely city view!!
The rest of our stay was wonderful & the staff in the corporate lounge were very attentive.
I would stay here again if I was attending the theatre; but always make sure you get what you pay for.......

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Surprise birthday cake for him, stayed for two nights . First night was great but the only problem was that the phone in our room was not working and we had to go downstairs to order room service and the duty manager tried to fix it but instead of changing our room , he ask me my mobile number and if there is anything I needed to call from my phone to the hotel operator, it was shocking for a four star property to not resolve the problem as we were staying for two nights and our room was not service during the day our bin was full. We had to call them to get our room service we didn't had any do not disturb sign on our door .we stayed their twice the first stay was great but the second one was not for it was disappointed as it was a birthday surprise gift for.my partner who loved his first stay at that hotel.

Restaurant staff was awesome. The reception manager was useless to ask me to call from my mobile if I needed anything .

We love marriott property as it is close to the club we use to go and restaurant places. We hoped we would come back in the near future.

Room Tip: Courtyard room style very nice
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
MelbourneMarriott, Director of Operations at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear cris1403,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Tripadvisor response and sharing your experience with us. I apologize that your stay in 2013 was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued guest; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I have shared your feeback with the team and corrective action will be taken as required.
If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Harry Singh

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here while delivering training in Melbourne. The staff is excellent and took care of us (my wife came on this trip). She mentioned that it was her birthday and the hotel brought Champagne and chocolates up for her! Love the way the folks look after you...

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We've stayed here twice. We've decided to stay here every 12 weeks actuallly... just for a break from the kids. First time we upgraded to a King room which was seriously luxurious and we were really impressed by the location, room and the breakfast! This time we upgraded to an executive level room and were able to access the executive lounge. It was lovely. Delicious canopes, drinks, coffee, tea, any time of day, breakfast and desserts later in the evenings. Next stay we'll do the same again. It was a lovely stay. Also, the staff were seriously impressive. A hand written note from concierge telling us to have a lovely break from the kids and accompanied by chocolates and wine. Also a complimentary late check out and parking made it all feel very much worth the price. We love it.

Room Tip: executive level.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple