Flagstaff City - Melbourne
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$116
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$103
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$115
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$104
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$172
Hotel Windsor
Adelphi Hotel(Melbourne)
US$195
US$153
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$128
  • Restaurant
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$117
US$288
US$178
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$157
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbudget accommodationcontinental breakfastqueen vic marketspencer street stationhairdryer
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I had booked a twin room for 2 nights, as I was bringing my friend (from the USA) to Melbourne for 2 days of shopping, sightseeing & socialising. Our first night was fine...but the second night!!!

Apparently the hotel was booked out with "Eminem" fans, who arrived from all over Australia to attend Eminem's concert. My friend and I had arrived back to the motel at around 9.30pm after having a lovely meal in the city. When we were walking up the stairs, we could hear noise & realised that a party was taking place right across from our room in the courtyard. Constant loud chatter, yelling, smoking, drinking alcohol, music, swearing, wolf whistling, arguing..... By midnight, I was extremely tired and upset, as I had to drive for 5 hours the next morning. I called the Night Manager, and told him what was happening, and could he please do something about the problem. He said he would, and came up to the everyone to quieten down a bit. As soon as he left the noise started again... around 1.30am I opened my room door and politely asked them to quieten down, the response from them was to call me extremely rude names. Another 8 phone calls to staff, requesting he do something about the situation, and I also twice requested that the Police be called. The Police were never called. The noise continued, until after 4 a.m.

When we 'checked out' in the morning, I requested a refund for the last night of our stay. I was told that there would be no refund as I had somewhere to sleep the night, and that those noisy people would be told to leave that day. The Owner came into the hotel momentarily, and when he was told that I was coming downstairs to see him, he abruptly left the premises. Other people who were checking out, had also heard the noise, and some said that they would never stay there again.

You will not get customer service here if you have any issues with your stay. Staff are not appropriately trained, they do not follow up on requests or issues, and are very slow to attend to complaints.

I would never stay at this motel again and I could not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: There is a central courtyard, with all room doors opening to this area. This is a long narrow courtyard, so rooms are close to each other. If you are unlucky enough to have even 1 noisy person sitting outside their room, then you will be in for a sleepless night..
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anna S
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This hotel was pretty much what we expected from the other reviews. It is old and shabby, but was very conveniently sited for us and had a full kitchen, a separate second bedroom, wifi in the lobby and excellent aircon for a very good price. The staff were friendly and helpful. We'd be happy to go back but do be aware that maintenance is not a high priority.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed in this hotel as it offered a second bedroom and we were travelling with our adult daughter. Two double bed rooms ok but the apartment was so hot when we arrived that we just about passed out!
2 seater lounge and single lounge chair both very old and in desperate need of replacing or recovering. Only a microwave to cook with but no bowl supplied to use in the appliance. As only one double plug on bench, had to juggle toaster, microwave and electric jug at breakfast time - didn't take option of supplied breakfast. Huge floor to ceiling windows in kitchen/lounge but curtains not hung properly and didn't close properly. They were the only windows in the whole apartment and looked out onto Dudley St.
Bedroom straight off lounge area had a sliding door that didn't close properly, minute wardrobe, and nowhere to put suitcases off the floor. Fortunately, we only had small cases, otherwise we would have been tripping over them all the time. Other bedroom had small round table & 2 chairs but again a minute wardrobe.
Bathroom huge but nowhere to store toilet bags except on top of vanity - a shelf would have made a big difference.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Efficient check in, however accommodation is very basic, small rooms, furniture very uncomfortable, noise carries easily from rooms as wall thin. Would rate as two star accommodation would not stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lynn123456789
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Ruffly bed made, only towels changed, no cleaning, no replacement of coffee & tea, some of the staff are rude & obnoxious, breakfast was late prepared & coffee was warm, toaster is filthy. The air con is mounted high on wall and no remote,so if you are short, no chance of reaching. They are lucky to get 2 rating.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo