Adelphi Hotel
US$143
US$130
Doubletree
  • Room Service
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$190
  • Breakfast included
US$105
US$97
  • Bar/Lounge
Art Series - The Blackman(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$141
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$139
  • Room Service
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$124
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Oaks On William(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$114
US$206
US$198
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$126
Agoda.com
  • Fitness centre
1,285 results
All reviewsflinders lanefree moviesrooftop poolcomplimentary mini bardessert barcomfy kingwelcome messagefree lollieslolly jarwelcome drinkgreat boutiquefunky hotelon arrivalchin chinlittle touchesturn down serviceperfect location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My Husband and I stayed here for our first wedding anniversary. It was fantastic! We called up to ask if a late check out was available, which luckily it was. When we checked in we were sat down on the most gorgeous sofa hanging from the ceiling. As soon as we walked in we knew we had selected the right hotel. Our room was on the 3rd floor. On the mirror in the room was a lovely note wishing us a happy anniversary which was a nice touch :). A big jar on the desk had a not telling us that everything in our room was free. We had fairy floss, pringles, jellybelly beans, chupa chups, cashews, popcorn, bottles of coke, water and juice. The room was gorgeous and the bathroom industrial. Once we were settled there was a knock at the door and we were brought a bottle of bubbles to celebrate with and a beautiful handwritten note signed by the staff :D
We had our free welcome drinks in the Om Nom bar downstairs and ordered one of their tasty deserts. Pictures attached.
We ordered room service breakfast which again was amazing. It is not often that you can be impressed on a regular basis.
The hotel is a bit noisy at night but its Melbourne so there arent that many low hotels that arent. The bed was sooooo very comfortable and with ear plugs it wouldnt be an issue.
Overall we left planning our next trip back.
Thanks to the wonderful staff we met over that weekend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Lance L, Operations Manager at Adelphi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Hi TarynandRyan,

Thank you for choosing to spend your first wedding anniversary with us here at Adelphi. As you can imagine we have become a popular destination for romantic nights away. We have made an effort to do things a little outside the norm and it is great to read about how much you enjoyed and appreciated some of these such as our inclusive rates and personal touches on arrival. We know we are a different hotel and want that to be felt by all visitors the moment they arrive.

We aim to impress on a regular basis :)

See you again soon and be sure to call us at the hotel when you plan on returning. We would love to get to know you and that starts when you make your reservation.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

It's taken me a while to write this because I've been a bit conflicted about this hotel. I love what the owners are attempting to do. Location is great…a short walk to Flinders St station, Bourke St Mall and there's a Lord of the Flies nearby for vegos like me. We had a swim in the pool and it was nice, but not lovely as it could be in the future. Of course we knew this part of the hotel was yet to be refurbished so perhaps I'll just say, looking forward to seeing how this bit comes together.

Probably the disappointment for me was in the bathroom. We stayed in a Comfy King room which was totally lovely, but the bathroom looked like something from an institution. Probably a very modern, well designed institution, but way too much cold, grey steel and I missed not having a bath. And yes things like hairdryers should be standard, but the design doesn't allow for things like that to be tucked away in drawers. I'm guessing the designer was male? I also missed being able to make a quick cup of tea.

Anyway, we had a fun time for the most part and appreciated the welcome drink straw (which in our case we used to get a coffee next morning) and the lollies. I do wish the owners the best as I'm a big supporter of boutique hotel owners vs soul less chain hotels. I will stay again but will upgrade next time to a room with a bath!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ratl
Lance L, Operations Manager at Adelphi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Ratl,

I'm glad that after a period of time considering your stay you have taken the time to share. We appreciate all forms of feedback here at Adelphi and in particular the very constructive type you have provided. We are very much aware that despite our fantastic location in the city this is not enough to sway all to choose our little hotel and we must deliver even more inside the Adelphi walls. Based on feedback received during the hotel's previous existence the bathrooms did not receive the full extent of the refurbishment that many other areas saw. In saying this we have looked at ways of softening the bathrooms and working with the stainless steel to better provide storage for the hairdryer and other items that currently find a home in the wardrobe. I am confident that upon your next visit you see a change and this will very much be a result of feedback received on this site. Hopefully at that time we will also have a renovated pool deck for you to enjoy.

When that visit does present itself please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel as I would like to personally take care of your reservation and ensure that you get that bath you missed this time around.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Very nice boutique hotel in downtown Melbourne. One block from Federation Square, next to the cathedral.

Funky but functional interior decor, decent size, extremely helpful staff.

There was a fair bit of street noise - not excessively and we were there on a Friday before Australia Day so some of it was to be expected.

That being said kudo's to the Adelphi for the little touches - welcome drinks at the bar and a "free" minibar full of water, juices, chips and candy - restocked everyday.

A very pleasant stay - unless you like the big hotel amenities.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi OnTheGoCFO,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit to Adelphi and it is great to read that you enjoyed our rather unique approach to 5 star hospitality. We are proud of our bigger than normal rooms, inclusive rates and helpful staff. We are working on limiting the surrounding noise as much as we can for our guests despite our very central location.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 24 January 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Adelphi to attend the Australian tennis open. I travel with work and stay in a lot of "bland" 5 star corporate style hotels so it was to have the "boutique" hotel experience for a change. Absolutely loved the quirky decor and appreciated the attention to detail and the many little extras that you never get in the big chains. The personalised service was awesome and a big shout out to Ricky, who was the friendly concierge and jack of all trades really. It is in a perfect location to enjoy the many great eateries in Flinders Lane and was an easy walk to the express tram to the tennis courts. We loved it so much we will be back next year to do it all again :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Luluw129,

Thank you for your review and we hope you enjoyed the tennis. It really is an amazing time of year to be in Melbourne and the Open is a must see. Great to hear you had a fabulous stay at our little hotel. I agree that the location is fantastic but at Adelphi we don't just rely on that to impress our guests. We make sure we have managers such as Ricky to truly make your experience special. I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

See you again soon,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I'm a management consultant, so I stay in a lot of hotels--I actually sleep more often in a hotel bed than my own bed. I would rate the Adelphi as 9/10, with every intention of staying here again when I'm in Melbourne, and I would absolutely recommend it to a non-business traveler, too.

It's a very chic hotel in a great location with excellent service. After you check in at reception in a lobby that smells incredible, someone brings you to your room, making sure your key works, showing you where to find things and how they work, and answering any questions. They leave you a macaron every night from the yummy dessert bar downstairs. I called reception because I had misplaced my phone, and they called me back 5 mins later to make sure I'd found it.

The rooms are all suites done in a modern style with a very comfortable bed. The snacks and drinks in the fridge are complimentary, and your booking also gets you a cocktail that you can have at the bar or sent to your room. The TV is large, the shower has great water pressure, and there's an iPhone 5 dock in the bedside alarm.

The only reasons I don't give it 10/10 are for very minor points that matter more to business travelers: the room service menu is a bit limited, the gym is under construction, and the room didn't have a kettle or a hairdryer (they supplied the hairdryer readily upon request; I didn't ask for the kettle).

Honestly, stay here.

Extra note: I didn't get a chance to go, but I've heard the pool bar is fabulous

• Stayed: January 2014
Lance L, Operations Manager at Adelphi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dear Talkthewalk,

Thanks for your wonderful, and may I say very constructive, review. It is great to get very particular feedback on how we are delivering to our guests from experienced hotel travellers such as yourself. We have made a point of looking at the 'expected' things that hotels provide and tweaking them in a user friendly way that is easy to understand for the infrequent traveller and able to be appreciated by the more seasoned. We know that not all hotels escort you to your room. We know that key cards fail. We know all guests like hot showers and a big screen TV. We also know that everyone at some stage has left behind a phone charger. Our solution? Don't even bring one :).

And everybody likes Macaroons.

We have very recently been reviewing our room service menu and the need for a kettle in the rooms based largely on the feedback we have received. Kettle usage is hard to gauge until you remove it. On a nice day the pool deck is a great place to enjoy a drink and will only improve further during our refurbishment in the coming winter. The gym unfortunately won't be returning as part of the new Adelphi.

Thank you so much again for all of your feedback and please continue to do so when visiting us in the future.

Kind regards,