“Gorgeous”
Review of Adelphi Hotel

Adelphi Hotel
Ranked #1 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We loved our stay here, attentive staff, central to everything, beautiful rooms, no view but that was no issue. Fabulous toiletries, sweets every day, yum. Topped off with gorgeous desserts from Om Nom.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabethdem
LanceLagudi, Operations Manager at Adelphi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Hi Elizabethdem,

I hope your visit was as sweet but not as short as your review :). Sometimes you don't need a whole page to express how much fun you had.

Thanks for sharing,
Lance

Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Have come to the conclusion that boutique hotels are the way for me and the Adelphi is my choice in Melbourne. It's been a while since I last stayed here and the refurb is fantastic. Service provides all those extras for free that drive me crazy and cost me a fortune at big hotel chains. You get free WiiFii, free water and soft drinks and free movies and a decent sized room. Staff are fantastic and great coffee for the morning hit. To top it off there is a free lolly jar for the midnight snacks.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hi Denita W,

Many are following your example and choosing boutique hotels over the big guys these days. Often for the points of difference that you enjoyed so much at Adelphi. Upon opening we had a great opportunity to do things differently due to our smaller size and have been focused on executing this since opening the doors. Sounds like we are getting it right.

Thanks for your kind words and come back soon,

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed at the Adelphi for 2 nights and just loved it. Service was excellent with all staff being friendly from reception to restaurant to service staff. Room was so cool and the little extras such a s free movies, drinks and snacks made it feel homely. Would highly recommend location which is working distance to great shopping and famous eateries. Its a must do.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Therese P,

Thank you for your great review of your visit to Adelphi and in particular your kind words regarding the service you received from the team. I will be sure to share them.

See you again when you are next in town,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

A very different hotel from the get go. The hotel staff are super friendly and very informative. They show you to your room and explain that things are done differently at the Adelphi. The mini-bar is complimentary, the movies are free and they give you a drink at the bar. What else could you ask for?

My only negative is that even being on the top floor I could still hear what sounded like an alarm to warn pedestrians that a car was exiting a car park next door.

A great location, excellent staff and a modern artsy feel make this a hotel I want to come back to.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jshakers

Dear Jshakers,

We love being different as much as we love that you noticed. A hotel room should not be a trap to spend more money so when you have a room with us you really get the room. You will be pleased to know that we have recently replaced some of the windows on the higher floors to better restrict outside noise. The early feedback of this has been very positive.

Thanks for sharing your stay and do come back soon,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

It was everything we expected and more! The service was second to none - in fact more hotels could learn from the Adelphi!! The staff were friendly & genuine - the ultimate customer service!! Location was perfect. Close to transport, shops and restaurants all within walking distance. It was the little touches that made the difference. The decor was quirky which was perfect for a boutique hotel. Loved the lolly jar - the salted caramel bar was divine - the best ever!! Free movies was a great bonus and lots of choice too! Breakfast was lovely - baked eggs! Mine weren't cooked properly but as soon as I pointed this out the staff couldn't do enough to ensure that it was rectified and that I was a happy customer!! As I said - great customer service!! They even had a turn down service - not many 5 star hotels offer this service anymore. The room was basic but well suited to it's branding and really everything you need! Bed was extremely comfortable & a great shower! I would definitely stay again .. shame we were only there for one night!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a comfy king overlooking the lane way on level 3! Didn't hear a thing ....
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Narelle B,

I get the impression that you loved you visit to Adelphi :). And from what you have mentioned it is our little unique touches that impressed you most. We are certainly pioneers in many ways yet old fashioned in others such as turndown and our understated yet genuine approach to service.

Thank you so much for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

When I arrived, I found I had left my licence at home..I was made to feel like a naughty school girl.. So.. After finally agreeing to send a copy in the next day, I was allowed to go to my room.. I think the staff were more excited about the free lollies in the mini bar than I was.. Pretty tacky I thought..
Basic room, although spacious.. Felt cold and basic... A little bit like a youth hostel .
The pool, which sounded exciting, was also pretty tacky.. All needed some work.

A great position in the middle of the CBD .. But I think there are other places for a Similar cost that would be Nicer,

Room Tip: I think it would be hard to escape the noise in the street below.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Chriskringle

Dear Chriskringle,

Thank you for visiting Adelphi and sharing your stay. It is great to get all feedback from our guests and I appreciate the opportunity to reply to you. While our central location is a great plus for us it saddens me to read that our hotel wasn't perfect for you. Often a less then perfect stay is the result of a less than ideal start and I apologize for the delay you experienced due to your license not being with you. We are quite strict on this aspect to ensure the security of guest details and lawful use of credit cards but with better communication on our part prior to arrival this could have been better managed.

We are very excited about the unique product we have here at Adelphi and that extends to the mini-bar and other inclusions. While we love it when our guests share that excitement we know that for some the makings of a great stay are in others aspects. I hope when our pool area is renovated in the coming months that this is a particular motivator for yourself to return to Adelphi. Without being aware of which of room type you stayed in it may be also that one of our alternate rooms is a better fit for you and provides the right feel and warmth.

I hope that we have another opportunity in the future to welcome you to Adelphi and please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel should this be the case.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here for a work conference that was being held at the generic Sheraton round the corner. Mainly booked as I liked the idea of the pool. No regrets there swimming every morning eight flights up doing kick turns over flinders lane was a unique experience. Really groovy fell to the hotel, great staff service and when they did make a small error they fell over themselves to make it right (it's the putting right that counts!). Room was on level 5, quiet enough, average room really without a view except of the neighbouring building but loved the bathroom and all the little touches like free minibar and candy and quirky books. Movies were also free on some trial or something. Great location. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Mark W
LanceLagudi, Operations Manager at Adelphi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Hi Mark W,

Thanks for sharing your stay and for choosing us over one of the big guys. While I am not aware of what the small error was that was made it is very encouraging to read about the eagerness the team showed in turning this around. You are right that this very much is the bit that counts.

When you return next you be pleased to find that movies are still fully available as part of your room rate and the pool will still be comfortable to swim in year round.

See you then,