“Boutique hotel in a great location”
Review of Adelphi Hotel

Adelphi Hotel
Ranked #1 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The Adelphi is great. We had good service, there is free wifi, mini bar and Happy Lab candy. Rooms are stylish with an industrial accent. I really liked the shower pressure. Didn't use the pool and it wasn't an amazing price but I would recommend.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kieran W
LanceLagudi, Operations Manager at Adelphi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2014

Dear Kieran W,

Thanks for the kind words and see you back soon for a swim on the roof :)

Kind regards,
Lance

Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful one night stay at the Adelphi . Really friendly, helpful staff who love what they do and go out of their way to help. Comfortable beds and furniture (although G likes a firm pillow), lolly bar (aka the happy lab) a fun touch and interesting reading material to browse over. Some reviews had mentioned street noise being a problem but we did not experience this but ear plugs were provided just I case and others reported no tea and coffee making facilities - we asked if this could be provided and a plentiful supply was there on our arrival. We were upgraded to another room as the bathroom light switch was faulty and also given a free breakfast for the "inconvenience". Loved the quirky furniture, the coffee table books. Location is wonderful. Didn't get to use the pool as we had other things to do. Mostly though it was the lovely staff who ensured we were happy that made the Adelphi experience one that we would love to repeat for a longer stay next time . Loved everything about it - felt like a kid in a lolly shop!

Room Tip: I am sure the staff would be very happy to discuss individual requirements. We mentioned our concern...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suesuesomers

Dear Suesuesomers,

It was great to read about your enjoyable stay. While the earplugs do occasionally frighten sores guests in relation to impending noise they are very much there as we recognise our extremely central location and know that this comes with the potential noise of the outside world turning. We find the plugs are rarely used.

One change you will notice on your next visit is that no longer will the need arise to call for tea and coffee making items as an espresso machine will soon be placed in every guest room along with the means for a simple yet delicious cup of tea.

Exciting times and thanks for sharing your stay,

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hmm, I'll sound like a cynic but this room was super expensive (close to $500) and was not ready when we arrived close to 2pm. Staff were exceptionally nice - but I don't have the inclination to book there again in a hurry mostly because I think the price is enormous. At that time the pool was out of action. All amenities were working well within the room and the bed/linens were of high quality - but for the price I was expecting some thing a little more wow than well appointed furniture and sugar. I found I could hear very clearly people coming and going in the hallway. On the plus side the location is a real winner.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank aotearoakid

Dear aotearoakid,

Thank you for your review of your visit to Adelphi. It seems your stay was somewhat of a mixed bag with many positives to accompany a few shortfalls that clearly impacted on your visit and likelihood to return. While rates do certainly vary from each day to the next it is a greater sense of value that you clearly seek.

I hope you keep Adelphi on your radar as I am confident that some major changes taking place over the coming months (including to the pool deck and in-room offerings) will entice you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here in July 2014. From the time we arrived until we left, we had a terrific stay. Attentive friendly staff, good food and service and a fantastic room. The 'theme' of sweetness drifted through the hotel from the ground floor dessert bar to the lollies in the room. Well located in the heart of Melbourne, it provided a great place to return to.

Room Tip: Look for specials from Qantas for this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rick1309
LanceLagudi, Operations Manager at Adelphi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Hi Rick1309,

Thanks for taking the time to review your visit to Adelphi and for providing such great feedback. You will be pleased to know that we will soon be offering Frequent Flyers to those Qantas guests that choose to stay with us. Fingers crossed we therefore get to see you even more often.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Adelphi, Melbourne for the first time. I am a regular visitor to Melbourne and have stayed in a variety of 5 star hotels over the years. I have to say however that my experience at Adelphi was amazing. The personal attention by the friendly Staff and the inclusions in the accomodation were fantastic. I love both Art and confess to have a sweet tooth. The Happy Lab bar, the complimentary champagne upon arrival, the comfy bed and room size, as well as the proximity of the hotel to the theatres and shopping centre of Melbourne made my stay a special one. I will certainly be returning! Next time i'll take my bathers as the temp of the roof top pool was very appealing. Thank you Adelphi. I think i have a new favourite!!!
Liz E

Room Tip: For Art and dessert lovers! Very stylish.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lizenardo

Hi Lizenardo,

Thank you for your great review of what I can see was a very enjoyable stay at Adelphi. Seems you have found a hotel that is the perfect fit for you. As a regular visitor to Melbourne we look forward to regularly seeing you :)

Thanks again,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We loved our stay here, attentive staff, central to everything, beautiful rooms, no view but that was no issue. Fabulous toiletries, sweets every day, yum. Topped off with gorgeous desserts from Om Nom.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabethdem

Hi Elizabethdem,

I hope your visit was as sweet but not as short as your review :). Sometimes you don't need a whole page to express how much fun you had.

Thanks for sharing,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Have come to the conclusion that boutique hotels are the way for me and the Adelphi is my choice in Melbourne. It's been a while since I last stayed here and the refurb is fantastic. Service provides all those extras for free that drive me crazy and cost me a fortune at big hotel chains. You get free WiiFii, free water and soft drinks and free movies and a decent sized room. Staff are fantastic and great coffee for the morning hit. To top it off there is a free lolly jar for the midnight snacks.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hi Denita W,

Many are following your example and choosing boutique hotels over the big guys these days. Often for the points of difference that you enjoyed so much at Adelphi. Upon opening we had a great opportunity to do things differently due to our smaller size and have been focused on executing this since opening the doors. Sounds like we are getting it right.

Thanks for your kind words and come back soon,