“You will love the experience”
Review of Adelphi Hotel

Adelphi Hotel
Ranked #1 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The hotel was simply fantastic , from the time I checked in till the time I left nothing was too much trouble for them.
The best location and great value
Very clean
I have been recommending to all my clients
I think the Adelphi will be getting a few bookings from Brisbane visitors
Don't look further just book you will not be disappointed
Raymond
Brisbane

Room Tip: Higher floors more light I stayed to top floor was great
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
LanceLagudi, Operations Manager at Adelphi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2015

Dear Raymond M,

Thank you for your ongoing loyalty and hard work as an ambassador for Adelphi. Always a pleasure to see you and we can't wait for you to return.

Speak soon,
Lance

Write a ReviewReviews (1,225)

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at The Adelphi at the end of a trip to Melbourne for two nights. We researched a few hotels in the area & also consulted a local friend.

We decided on the Adelphi because it stood out as being different & the style of the hotel along with the amenities sold it to us. We were not disappointed!
I'll list what we thought was great about this place:

Central location

Very friendly & helpful staff

Spacious, comfortable & stylish rooms, good quality furnishings & very comfortable bed = good sleep quality.

Extremely generous complimentary mini bar (softs) and Sweetie jar by Happy Lab (replenished every day).

Free movies! (Yes, free).

Great restaurant (Om Nom).

Heated roof top swimming pool.

I loved the leather clad lift.

Generous breakfast with coffee up to my exacting standards!

The staff allowed us a late check out with absolutely no indication of this being an inconvenience.

Normally we write a few things that we think a hotel could improve on but in this instance (apart from perhaps investing in a ramp for the few stairs at the front for guests that may have mobility difficulties) there's nothing else that The Adelphi could improve on.

To sum up. This hotel is in our all time top five ever!

Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CrystalandShawn

Dear Crystalandshawn,

What a perfect review of everything we are trying to achieve here at the hotel. Please know however that despite your words we are always looking for little ways to improve :). The ramp may be tough but we will try.

Have a great weekend,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had a two night stay at the Adelphi so that we could indulge ourselves at Vue de Monde and Ezard (both excellent). As the latter is in the basement of the Adelphi it seemed a natural choice. The location is one of my favourite parts of Melbourne as there always an interesting shop or cafe or bar around Flinders Lane. The Adelphi was recently renovated and it showed. For a hotel which has now been around for a while the room had a fresh modern feel and was very spacious. The front desk service was very attentive and the bar at the back was a lovely place for a pre or post dinner drink. Free mini bar in the room including very cute sweets was an added bonus. We couldn't fault anything and had a wonderful time. If staying here a meal at Ezard is a must.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DWSydney

Good morning DWSydney,

It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay at Adelphi and your dining experience at Ezard. We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful award winning restaurant downstairs and it certainly compliments the hotel perfectly.

Hoping to see you again soon,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My first stay at the Adelphi, having lived in Melbourne in the past my experience with the hotel was more with the restaurant below (Ezard, excellent) and the fact that the pool up the top jutted out over Flinders Lane. Needing a hotel for a two night business visit I decided to give it a try.
Booking was straight forward and efficient.
Arrived very late evening, no problems at all with this, greeted at reception, check in was effortless and the complimentary welcome drink was catered for even though the bar was in the process of closing up.
Room was excellent, no issue with noise (although given the location I could see that this may be an issue for some on certain nights), well presented and comfortable, The free lollies (candies) was a nice touch as was the free mini bar (although pretty sparse in terms of just water, Coke and orange juice). Very modern feel to the room and bathroom but felt very homely. The double curtains were good for blocking out the light from the many windows (my room overlooked Flinders Lane).
Service during the stay was excellent, very friendly and attentive staff.
Had a light breakfast at the bar area, this was fine also.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Can't comment on other rooms but my room facing Flinders Lane was a nice room and I'd ask fo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank RobJau

Hi RobJau,

Thank you for taking the time to share your enjoyable Adelphi experience. Apologies for my tardy reply. I hope we have seen you many times since.

Have a great weekend,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We chose to stay at the Adelphi because we were going to have dinner at Ezard which is right underneath the hotel.
It was very nice - but it was less than we expected for the price we payed. Perhaps we should have shopped for a better price.
The room was all right but the outlook on to an old dirty wall was not good.
The heating was all over the place and the bathroom - which looked all right in its concept - was cold and didn't really work.
The best thing about the hotel is it's position

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jamesmW3102FS
LanceLagudi, Operations Manager at Adelphi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2015

Dear jm747,

Thank you for the feedback from your stay at Adelphi. It is sad to read that your visit did not represent the value that you were hoping for. We hope that you return to Adelphi at a later stage as we are always working hard at improving our offerings and providing a better experience for all those who choose to stay.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I had an opportunity to stay at Adelphi hotel for only one night but it turned out to be a memorable experience for me, my younger brother and his friend. The service is just top-notch. The room is very cozy and clean. Room service lady was very helpful and pleasant, I think her name is Lilly(Sorry if I'm wrong, she's originally from Philippine). The front desk staffs are faultless, I can't ask for more. As you know, the location is just perfect and the parking at Wilson car park is convenient(plus not expensive).

We also had some desserts at the Om-Nom restaurant and successfully met the Executive Chef Christy Tania + had a few photos with her. The staff at the Om-Nom are so lovely and friendly. The desserts there were creative and phenomenal. I would definitely go back there again during my next visit in Melbourne.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MacGaroo
LanceLagudi, Operations Manager at Adelphi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2015

Dear MacGaroo,

Memorable is certainly what we aim for. Thank you for the kind words. Particularly regarding the team. You were very close on the name, it is in fact Lilia and she is indeed fantastic and a valuable part of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. If you thought we were great in August you should see the little additions we now have to the Adelphi experience.

See you then,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Had a fantastic weeks stay. Location is very central.
Parking discount was very useful as some days I didn't use the car.
Breakfast was served by a polite and helpful team.
Rooms could use a bit more lighting and the bathroom a heater

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mike B

Hi there Mike B,

Thank you for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed your visit to Adelphi :)

Come back soon,