“Terrific View of the Golfers & The Lake”

Bayview On The Park
Ranked #136 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were very lucky to get a room with a terrific view of the Golf course and lake which was fantastic as my son wanted to play 18 holes so we could sit and have a wine while we watched him out of the magnificent window!!
Only one block to the trams which come every couple of minutes which is great if it's not raining, we weren't so lucky there. The wines a reasonably priced at the bar, didn't try the meals. Beds are a tad too hard and pillows flat as pancake which didn't matter because we brought our own and the staff are so great they would gladly give you extra. Self controlled room temp is great as we hate a hot room so didn't turn on heater. Parking was good and quite cheap compared to others. Couldn't hear the road noise at all. We did have a bucks night down the hall but it was just chatter and laughing no music so it wasn't a bother, they seemed to be having harmless fun which is nice. Overall would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Obviously the rooms overlooking the Lake are better!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights to attend an expo at the showgrounds. After the reviews on here we were pleasantly surprised by the hotel. Rooms were spacious and clean with ample room for 2 people. Bed probably not the best ever but didn't keep either of us awake. Pool looked nice but as we stayed in winter we weren't game to use it. Close to transport and restaurants we would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014

A colleague and I shared a twin room for two nights and found it adequate for attendance at a nearby business conference. The hotel is a little tired and needs updating, but the room was spacious and clean and the bed comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful and service the rooms daily. Good value overall.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I had another business trip Melbourne so once again I booked a room at the Bayview on the Park. While I was expecting this overnight stay to be as good as my first stay late in 2013, some of the other reviews about the hotel were a little negative. Was my first stay a fluke?

From online booking to check-in, the experience was most welcome when one considers we just spent close to 12 hours sitting behind a steering wheel. I booked a Premier Twin room and was very happy with the quality and comfort of the room.

This time around we took time to have a buffet breakfast instead of going to Macca's. The menu and food quality was excellent, which started off my very busy day really well.

The check-out process was smooth; which is what you want when you are travelling on business. The hotel staff were very helpful and pleasant. All in all my second stay at the Bayview on the Park was a very pleasant and restful stay indeed.

Bayview on the Park, many thanks. It appears I may be travelling to Melbourne again in late July or early August 2014. I know where I will be staying once again.

Ben de Leon
AutoFast Australia Pty Ltd

Room Tip: Opt for the larger bed ... regardless how long you're staying, you'll be well rested.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed for 7 nights in a superior twin suite looking over albert park. We had three people which they said was fine and didnt charge us extra for. Food was nice and pretty cheap. The place is old but its good value for price. Didnt try out the spa or the pool it was far too cold! A little bit noisy at night but only when people were down the corridoor.

There were plenty of extra blankets and pillows in the cupboard. The room was immaculate everyday we returned home.

I wouldnt go there for a romantic holiday but a good choice for a family holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Albert Park
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The foyer is much nicer than the rooms but they are reasonably priced so won't complain too much. Rooms are clean just need an update. Staff are very helpful and meals are really good. The hotel is close to everything with a quick tram ride into the city. We always park the car and don't touch it again until we leave.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I found the hotel in need of much TLC.As I stepped out of the lift, the carpet etc. smelt musty, the wall were dirty, with chipped paint and stained. The tv. didn't work, but when I called staff it was fixed. My breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Unaware of choice of rooms. Mine was quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo