“Great stay made better by great staff!”

Pullman Melbourne Albert Park
Ranked #72 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Great stay made better by great staff!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed for half work/half pleasure at the Pullman and wow, the staff here are among the best I have ever seen. The rooms are newly renovated and rate right up there with the best I have stayed at in the country. The concierge are extremely helpful and the breakfast is excellent (had both in restaurant and in room service). I do have to give a big thank you to Andrew (?) from reception, for his assistance, at a real busy period instead of rushing me, he took his time, explained everything, gave recommendations and it felt like a complete personalized experience, something you don't find in hotels that often, so a big thank you there. The rest of the staff are just as excellent though. My only criticism is the internet, which reception did all they good to fix it, but to no avail (maybe they need more routers or a new provider). Will definitely be back again and will recommend this hotel to anyone I know coming to Melbourne!

Room Tip: Go with the new Pullman rooms, even the standard ones are amazing.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
PullmanAP, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear wzk2013,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay with us. I will be sure to share your lovely feedback with Andrew and the rest of the team at Pullman Melbourne Albert Park. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused in regards to the internet, this is something we are currently looking into.

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you back at the hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is my 2nd stay at this hotel, once while still the Siebel and now as the Pullman. Firstly let me say that the upgrades and renovations are nice, new carpets, new paint, rooms looked nicer, the bathrooms are definitely greatly improved compared to this time last year. The addition of memory foam pillows - why? Unless you sleep on those regularly it feels as if you have a brick under your head. My neck ached for 2 days after my stay.
Check in and out was much more efficient. My biggest complaint is that for the 2nd year in a row I attended the same large event and got served the same unpalatable meal I was served a year ago. Same chicken or beef, same chocolate gf dessert. The first course was ravioli that tasted like paste - ugh. So chef at the Pullman can you please make what you serve at events that cost $200 per ticket actually taste nice? Do you plan to serve the same meals for the next event I'll attend? I cannot understand how a 5 star hotel can produce such mediocre dinner. Not acceptable, I've eaten better food in a pub. The vegetables were so overcooked as to be mush and worst of all the food was cold.
Breakfast is buffet style and ok, large choice of items but scrambled egg was a watery mess, decent coffee available though.
I feel I'm being generous giving this stay a 3 rating.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sailqueen
PullmanAP, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

I would like to apologise for your recent experience at the Pullman Melbourne Albert Park. This is not the service we strive to provide our guests. I will be sure to discuss these issues with my team.

A private message has been sent to you through Tripadvisor as I would like to discuss this matter with you further.
Brisbane
Reviewed 9 November 2013

When we were being driven to this hotel from the airport, I admit I was concerned as it seemed to be a long way from town. Melbourne can be a bit confusing like that. In fact, we were only 5kms from the CBD.

Actually, I really like the position of this marvellous hotel. Just a couple of minutes walk away is St Kilda Rd, with extremely frequent trams directly into town (only a 10-15 minute ride), or if you want to go the other way, a short tram ride to St Kilda itself with it's fabulous restaurants and shopping. And the front desk has the Myki travel card you need to use on all of Melbourne's public transport.

Now, to the hotel itself. And what is there to say but...wonderful. From the friendly, helpful staff, to the clean, spacious, modern room with it's well appointed bathroom, super comfy bed and extensive range of pillows (truly something for even the most pillow fussy people, of which I am one), this is a relaxing and enjoyable hotel to stay in.

The location, a little out of town and directly across from Albert Park, means a quiet night's sleep with no road noise or other disturbances.

We got a good price with a pre-paid booking, and were very happy we went with this choice. We will definitely be staying here again on our next visit to this fabulous city.

Room Tip: Buy a Myki travel card from the desk, and go ouot and explore!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jude_Starr_69
PullmanAP, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in Melbourne and also at the Pullman Melbourne Albert Park. I will be sure to share your feedback with my team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in Melbourne.
australia
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Overall impression was a modern welcoming reception foyer. Parking was at back of motel and in the basement at a $16 cost per night or you could take advantage of concierge parking, but was not a problem to park and catch the lift up one floor. Friendly staff who really smiled and meant it. I was using a complimentary night and decided not to upgrade. My room was nice modern and roomy not poky and even had a side view of the lake as we were on 7th floor. Mini bar was bar prices and the little bits that make the place like complimentary were all just that little bit special.

In the morning we did the 5 km walk round the lake which was pleasant then went to south Melbourne market which was close by and a must visit when in Melbourne.

We normally stay in town but enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

Room Tip: Certainly up on 6 floor or more would give you a nice view. We could even see ships on the bay Our...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank for you your lovely feedback. Our staff pride themselves on their friendly levels of guest service and ensuring that all our guests are well looked after. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team.