As a Platinum member of Accor's Le Club program, I had emailed the hotel to enquire about the Platinum benefits they would offer prior to booking. I was informed among other things that Executive Lounge access would be provided.
Upon check-in we were informed that the Executive Lounge was closed as "the hotel is quiet" and would be closed until the end of the month. Rather disappointing, especially when I had contacted the hotel prior to booking and this was not mentioned. The least they could have done was advised me in advance.
We were offered compensation though - daily breakfast in the hotel restaurant and two complimentary drink vouchers (in addition to the two given as a "welcome gift"). We felt that this was insufficient so were furnished with additional drink vouchers. The breakfast was quite plentiful which helped to make up for the lack of lounge access, and the drinks offered at the bar, despite what the voucher stated, were generous.
The free wifi is decent. I have had hotel wifi require you to log in again every time you return to the hotel, but this one was fast and consistent.
When asking for late check-out the day before our departure, we were offered until 12pm.
Very poor form for them to close the lounge - the hotel certainly wasn't quiet. I guess "quiet" means there were few people with lounge access actually staying. Now that Accor is the official hotel provider for the AFL, this hotel is flooded with AFL players on weekends. One team stayed the Friday night, another the Saturday night. As such the pool area is filled with recovery equipment (plunge pools and wheelie bins for ice baths).
Despite this, the hotel is actually quite nice. Great views over Albert Park lake, large rooms and recently renovated. Why did they have to ruin it by closing the lounge?
A minor annoyance - the design of the sink in the bathroom is such that there is no room for your hands to fit under the tap. (The tap is too close to the edge of the sink) This made it difficult not to make a mess when using the sink.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Melbourne Albert Park is located opposite Albert Park Lake, just minutes from Melbourne’s CBD and St Kilda’s beaches. The hotel offers 379 spacious guest rooms featuring LCD TV's, on demand movies, satellite television and internet access, in-room safe, iron and ironing board, mini-bar as well as tea & coffee making facilities. The hotel also features a gymnasium, indoor pool, spa and sauna as well as three dining outlets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pullman Melbourne Albert Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel & Citigate Albert Park Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- The Sebel And Citigate Albert Park Melbourne
- Sebel Albert Park Hotel Melbourne