My partner and I stayed at this hotel twice during our tour of south Australia. This was the first place we stayed after our flight from the UK and because we were only staying a short amount of time on the first visit we booked a cheap room.
The staff were really friendly when we arrived. We couldn't checkin until the afternoon and arrived from the airport before 7am! They took our bags and gave us directions to various places in the city to explore before we could checkin - great.
When we checked in I have to admit I was a bit disappointed with the room. It was tiny and had no natural light, the light it had was from the corridor and the light outside the frosted window was on all the time. We did have blackout blinds but that of course made the room very dark. But that being said it was only for a short stay and it was cheap - apart from the light it was a comfortable room and if you are looking for a cheap room with close links to transport and the city this is it.
We came back to this hotel later in our trip and had pre-booked a different room - it was lovely. We had two big windows, lots of light and a lovely big room with all the usual amenities. A really lovely touch was the 'welcome back' gift we had waiting when we arrived - we hadn't said we were coming back so the fact they checked this was great and really elevated the service of this place.
I would come here again and happily recommend it. The staff are really nice and happy to help with anything you need. On one occasion we booked dinner but had no idea where it was, the lady on the desk looked it up online for us and helped us work out a nice route to walk there.
Lots of nice little touches made this place a hidden gem. Well worth booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modelled on the original European pensione hotels, the Pensione Hotel Melbourne combines original turn of the century building features with modern design and soft tones, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere.Set behind a beautiful Heritage-listed façade, the Pensione Hotel offers boutique interiors, breathtaking hospitality and incomparable value for money.Featuring all the desired hotel amenities, with warm and inviting staff that have a great knowledge of the local area, the Pensione is perfectly suited as a base to explore Melbourne. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Pensione Hotel Melbourne - by 8Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pensione Hotel Melbourne - By 8 Melbourne
- Pensione Boutique Hotel Melbourne