We chose this hotel as it was close to the CBD. We booked 6 months in advance and ended up in a room that was next to a sluice room or something like that. When we were trying to get to sleep we could hear water running. We thought it was people in the room next door, but there wasn't a room next door.
The room itself was on floor 7, ok in size and had a good wardrobe and drawers. Also had two comfy chairs which were good for watching tv. The word balcony was seriously stretched. You could just about get a dining room chair out there, as a good part of it was taken up by the air conditioning unit. even if you did go out there all you could see was the wall of the building next door.
The good thing was we were quite a way back from the street so it was reasonably quiet, although double glazing would improve this.
The other thing that would be good is to have a safe in your room, not safety deposit boxes at reception.
The really great thing about this hotel is the pool. It is on the rooftop and it was excellent. Big enough to do laps and nicely heated. We spent a lot of time there swimming and reading our books. There were plenty of pool towels available.
The bed was good as it was a king size bed. Housekeeping were good. We left them a note saying what we needed and they supplied it.
We had the continental breakfast there one morning and it was yummy and good value for money.
This hotel is really close to the central city and about a ten minute walk to Myers and the Bourke Street Mall. Very close to Chinatown as well. Also close to some of the theatres.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well-regarded Traditional 17-story Hotel in city center, near theaters, shopping & Chinatown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Chancellor Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Chancellor Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Grand Chancellor Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Grand Chancellor Hotel