The rooms at this hotel are actually lovely (despite the foyer and lifts looking quite tired) but I was left feeling completely let down by the following - my phone in my room did not work which meant a time consuming wait to order room service after a very busy day and a late finish; the room service was a basic Thai curry and it was hugely disappointing (although they did waive the service delivery fee due to the phone issue); but by far the worst part was the workman at the front of the building at 6am. I understand the hotel has no control over this but they have control over the double glazing of their front street facing windows - it felt like the truck was parked next to my bedhead. I won't be returning. I could overlook everything if I knew I was going to get a great nights sleep, it was just too noisy at the front of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well-regarded Traditional 17-story Hotel in city center, near theaters, shopping & Chinatown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Chancellor Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Chancellor Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Grand Chancellor Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Grand Chancellor Hotel