I stayed at these apartments for just 2 nights with my close friend on our 'degustation' trip to Melbourne. I wanted this place as it was close to everything and had two bedrooms with (what I thought was) two double beds.
Unfortunately, despite everything else in the apartment being great, and the staff being very helpful, I discovered soon after arriving that the 2nd double bed in the larger room which I had, was just two single beds pushed together. I didn't end up getting the time to ask for that to be rectified (not that I think it could have been) but I would have preferred two singles left separate rather than pushed together in such an uncomfortable way. I survived but was a bit disappointed with this.
I also knew the place was very close to King St in Melbourne where all the noisiest clubs are, but I had thought the double glazing would keep that noise out. On the Saturday night, it didn't, and the clubs go all night - so unless you're into that, don't expect too much quiet over the weekend. By the Sunday night, it was great and quiet, just slight traffic noise. We had the West side of the bldg so we had a lovely view over the Yarra and daily sunsets.
Other than those two things, everything was great. You have everything you need there, even if it's not the very latest model. Everything works well and there's heaps of room. I think even the two lounges converted to beds!
I would recommend this place, with the caveat that you be aware of the bedding and noise situation. The staff could not have been more friendly nor more helpful. The car service to the airport is reasonable and invaluable!
So, give it a go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Year remodeled - 2008/9. Best Western Riverside Serviced Apartments are located in the CBD of Melbourne and offer two types of accommodations. Riverside annex apartments described as the annex rooms when booking are located on the corner of Flinders and Highlander Lane situated on the first, second and third floors, just near our reception in Highlander Lane. All apartments in this building are one bedroom. Both riverside and the annex rooms are conveniently located at the historic and entertainment end of the city, just minutes walk to crown casino, Melbourne exhibition and convention centers, aquarium, Southbank restaurants, observation deck and Etihad Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Riverside Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Riverside Apartments Hotel Melbourne
- Best Western Melbourne
- Best Western Hotel Melbourne