“Quick Melbourne Trip with friends”

ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments
Ranked #69 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Recently stayed here for 3 nights. I was super impressesd, our room was a standard with 1x double and 1x single, this had plenty of room and a very spacious bathroom. Tea and coffee facilities,iron board, extra pillows/blankets ect. I have never come across such a comfy bed, so nice I wanted to pack it up and take it home!! Very clean with room service everyday.. Even tho we was on the 10th floor you could not hear a thing throughout the night, NO street noise at all, apparently it is sound proof. Service from Staff was fantastic, very friendly..The restaurant was great, great meals and well priced. Transport was easy as the city link is only 2 streets away and takes you everywhere, also Victoria Market is across the road. I would reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Giovani S, Manager at ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Mel P,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Melbourne. It is pleasing to read that you had comfortable and enjoyable experience with us.

I have shared your positive feedback with the team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you for mentioning our facilities in the Hotel and pointing out some key features of the Hotel that other travellers will find useful.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and I trust you next stay will be as enjoyable as your previous one.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I booked this hotel with a girlfriend for a hen’s night as it was in close proximity to the venue.
• Upon arrival the lovely lady at the front desk was checking us in, and obviously overheard us discussing plans about the evening and another friend coming to get ready with us, and upgraded our room which was really nice of her.
• She also took the initiative to send up extra towels for our friend that was getting ready with us which was really nice.
• We stayed in the one bedroom apartment which was very spacious and perfect for us. The hotel was very clean, and I would definitely stay here again.
• It is a budget hotel, so don't expect much, however the bathroom is large and clean, the bed is large, there is a lot of storage space in the bedroom compared to many other hotels, the living/dining/kitchen area is large enough to be comfortable as three of us were hanging out.
• There isn't much of a view, we had a view of the building next to us and not much light but we didn't care as the staff were too friendly and the room was comfortable.
• Parking is paid and the entrance is also the exit, so when we entered we had to reverse because someone was exiting, and it is a tight fit with limited spaces inside, however the hotel does advise you once they book there’s a parking lot behind the hotel which is around the same price.
• Free Wi-Fi which is good, as many hotels don't offer this.

Overall loved it and would come back again.

Thanks for making a comfortable stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank TravelLovah88
Giovani S, Manager at ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear TravelLovah88,

It is pleasing to read that you had comfortable and enjoyable experience. I am glad that you were able to take the advantage of the complimentary upgrade to the one bedroom apartment.

Mortlake, Australia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The Ibis isn't cheap & I expected more frills for the price. It's clean but very basic. No mini bar & no room service which normally wouldn't bother me but I arrived late & hungry. There isn't even an info book telling you what is available . Only 3 milk capsules meant I couldn't even fill up on coffee!
However, the bed was very comfy & the air con was quiet.
There are much cheaper alternatives available in the CBD.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed here for one night in NOV. The rooms are not cheap and i subscribe to the theory that you should get what you pay for..?? !!
Just dont go to the IBIS with high hopes... Its starting to show its age and is just a litttle tired looking now..
We arrived at 4pm and had to endure walking up the main entry ramp through a haze of ciggarette smoke ! People smoking at the entrance !! WHAT THE..? ((It was just like walking around the Melb CBD on a weekday having to endure those peanuts who come down from their high - rise office towers and gather just outside the front doors all smoking in a posse !!)) *Yuk
Anyway...The check in was quick but i was informed that the car-park was full and i needed to park my car a block away !! Great! So off i went to the grotty-est carpark in Melbourne.
The room was clean and fine. * please note the windows do not open in any way.
We didnt use the other facillieties except for the bar on the LG floor. I felt uncomfortable in my suit so we left. (you get my drift)
This hotel was full of sporting groups, dancing troups, a scout group from Geelong and other parties who obviously look for a cheap group rate.
Would i go back to this IBIS - probably not.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
ibis_Hotel_Manager, Manager at ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear kingrox,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Melbourne. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I am sorry that our hotel car park facilities were full and I understand the inconvenience of going to the public car parking behind our Hotel. Please rest assured that I will be following this up with our reservation team to ensure all guests are made aware of the limited car parking at the Hotel.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Jayesh Bala
Rooms Division Manager
Email: Jayesh.BALA@accor.com
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Clean, friendly hotel, close to the city and to Melbourne University. I have stayed here twice now and can say you get real good value for money. The rooms are clean and tidy and the reception staff were always friendl and helpful. I will definately recommend this hotel especially visiting the University.

Room Tip: No fitness or swimming pool. Inner rooms not noisy.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Giovani S, Manager at ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Feleciavh,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Melbourne. It is pleasing to note that you enjoyed your stay and found the team friendly and helpful.

We pride ourselves and delivering great value for money proposition with exceptional service.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We recently stayed at the Ibis. The service was excellent, the rooms were clean and this made our trip more enjoyable. When we returned from our outings the rooms were clean and the beds were made. We will definitely be staying at the Ibis again after this. Also I found that the staff were very polite and helpful. Good on you Ibis.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Giovani S, Manager at ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Helena K ,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Melbourne.It is pleasing to read that you had comfortable and enjoyable experience with us.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.