“Great value”

ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments
Ranked #75 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manchester, TN
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I got a room that had a double bed and a single bed. The room was small, but it has a nice size bathroom. The TV had a good picture, not to many channels, but I rarely turn it on while on vacation. I really liked the bedding. The matress was great and I slept well. The water could have been hotter in the shower. I liked that the bathroom was big enough to change in and the shower had a door instead of a curtain so water doesn't get everywhere.

It takes about 2 minutes to walk to Queen Victoria Marketplace. But best of all is the marketplace has free internet. No need to purchase at the hotel and the internet at the marketplace was very fast and plays videos without stopping all the time. Also you can walk to the QV mall from the hotel. Maybe about 15 minutes and that mall has lots of food places and shops. It was on Swanson Street.

Overall, I really like this hotel for the price, I paid around $130 per night. Great bed and location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Giovani S, Manager at ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Twinkles2008,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I have shared your positive feedback with all of our team here. It was great to hear that you enjoyed our central location and had the opportunity to visit the famous Queen Victoria Markets.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed her overnight in February as part of my complimentary night (although paid extra for the second room which I didn't mind) from Accoradvantage. A two bedroom apartment that was very nice and exactly what we needed. Walking distance to city, Vic Market or Lygon Street. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Renovations going on next door made checking in a nightmare with parking. Must mention that no noise was heard from renovations. If you're looking for a nice clean place to rest your head, look no further.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank yvettemb
Giovani S, Manager at ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear yvettemb,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Melbourne. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback regarding the service of our staff members and hotel location.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused with the construction next to the Hotel and impact your stay with us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and we are working closely with the construction company to minimise the noise and disruption to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and I trust you next stay will be as enjoyable as your previous one.

London
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights in February 2014. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and the room was spacious and comfortable with air conditioning, fridge, tea/coffee facilities etc.
the hotel is in an excellent location, right in the heart of the city but was still nice and quiet.
The only downside was that wifi was pretty costly if I wanted to use it in my room. I begrudge paying for wifi in hotels in this day and age especially when the smaller cheaper hotels offer it 24/7. Free wifi was available if you sit in the lobby but only for 30 minutes every 24 hours.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Tickled-Pink-Vicky,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Melbourne. It is pleasing to note that you enjoyed your stay and found the room spacious and comfortable.

I do apologise for the WiFi experienced during your stay. Please rest assured that I will forward your feedback to the Management team. The comments you made regarding your stay with us are most appreciated. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from guests who have enjoyed their stay here at the Ibis Melbourne.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Ibis always have clean rooms and helpful polite staff but what they can't seem to get right is their wifi service which is terrible. We travelled all over Australia and stayed at small and large hotels. The smaller ones all offered free wifi but the larger ones like Ibis all want to charge and the limited free wifi that they did offer hardly ever worked, funny that!!!!

Stayed January 2014
Dear Wrights22,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive feedback and I am glad that you overall enjoyed your stay with us.

Your feedback regarding our WiFi is very important, please rest assured that I will address your concern to the Management Team. Our service is our benchmark and it is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to monitor our service levels and hotel facilities to ensure we are maintaining and meeting our guest expectations.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed at the Ibis for 5 nights, it is a good location but nothing amazing. We arrived rather early so dropped our bags at the hotel, went for a wander around town and used the free internet at the computers downstairs until the room was ready. We were given a room with a double and a single bed, though clearly we were a couple and had booked a king. There was an issue with our breakfast being included daily, but they we were quick to get it sorted and did apologise on check out. There were a few small details which remind you you're not in a 5 star hotel, for example we had to go to reception to pick up extra towels, and I needed a band-aid but they didn't have one to give me. All in all it was adequate, and fine for a short stay, but I wouldn't rush to stay there again at the price we paid.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear TheGunthers,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and taking the time to post your feedback.

Our service is our benchmark and it is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to monitor our service levels and hotel facilities. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused due to the issue with your bedding configuration. I am glad that we were able to quickly rectify the issue with your breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

What I need, as usual, is a quiet room, comfy bed, convenient location. Got all of the three! Was quite hapy there in general. The one and only downside was that I was not informed clearly that had I joined their advertised agency, the in-room wi-fi would have been free for me. I found the check-in a little too fast to process all information, and it seems I was not the only one - newly-arrived customers wondering about how to operate the lift (you have to use your room card) seemed a common site.

Room Tip: As how to get a free in-room wi-fi.