“Just a warm comment not complaint”

ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments
Ranked #67 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Over all the whole hotel, no matter is room service staff or the front desk staff whose also got a really good smile!!! Attitude is really nice!! Only one thing can be more improve, is our room after clean up, maybe someone forgot replace us another new towel... but is not a big deal. Anyway, we're very happy about stay with IBIS hotel!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
JadeIbisMelbourne, Manager at ibis Melbourne Hotel and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear cckhchan,

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis Melbourne. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and also found the service offered by our staff to your liking. I will definitely pass your comments to our Housekeeping team as well.

Thank you for sharing your experience at ibis Melbourne.

ibis Melbourne

Write a ReviewReviews (1,761)

Reviewed 14 June 2014

On Melbourne for business, I was on this city for couple days.
Ibis is a reliable trend, so I choice this one. And was the good one!
Really great located, rooms clean and confortable, restaurant all around the hotel and friendly staff.
For my futur mooving on the area, this hotel will be my home for sure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear john d,

I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location, accommodation facilities and services to your liking. I would like to thank you for pointing out some features that other travellers will find useful as well.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Teenage kids & I decided to spend a few days in the city over the long weekend. Loved this hotel. You couldn't find more friendly people to deal with. Everyone from reception to restaurant & maintenance staff could not have been more pleasant to deal with. The 2 bedroom apartment was great, heaps of room for the 5 of us & the most comfortable bed I've slept in, in a hotel. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant which included a free bottle of wine for Mum! Food was great & our package included buffet breakfast which we all loved. Location was excellent, could walk back & forth from Queen Vic market. It has been a while since I have visited this end of the city & really enjoyed it. May even bring hubby next time!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear loulouvegas,

I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our beds and apartments to your liking. I am happy that you also enjoyed our Restaurant facilities and our service as well. I will share your feedback with our entire team.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We booked into the Ibis because of its location - convenient to the markets and the main cbd area - and it matched our budget. We expected to find it met the old adage - you get what you pay for. Instead we found upmarket decor, comfortable large beds and a clean, fresh feel.It was also very quiet.There were a few minor issues like a tv remote control that struggled to work and very poor shower pressure, but we'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travelhappy141

Dear Travelhappy141,

I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found our location and facilities to your liking. I will definitely have our Maintenance team attending to the issues raised by you. Thank you for pointing out some features that other travellers will find useful as well.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights early June and found the beds very good, the room clean and comfortable. No frills but had all we needed with tv, fridge and computer use available at no cost downstairs. Walked everywhere, or used the trams to get around outside the business area. Could have done with a few more days as lots to do and see but would stay again at the Ibis. Was reasonable and staff friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rosie P,

I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay at ibis Melbourne and found our location and services to your liking. I would also like to thank you for pointing out some features that other travellers would find useful as well.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My Twin Sister and I arrived at the Hotel about 9am Thursday 29th May, as we had an early flight leaving Wellington, NZ.
I did request an early check in, however, upon arrival, we were told we couldn't check in till 2.00pm! We were allowed to change our shoes and store our Luggage for the 5 hours till check in, so we decided to go look around VIC Markets which was across the road, after a couple of hours we had bags of shopping so decided to go sit in the Bar and have a drink about 11.30am - 3 Bottles of Moscato later, we checked in about 2.30pm.

There was a little stuff up with the room as we requested upon booking on Wotif.com a double bed and single bed configuration, we had a queen bed only, I was made to go downstairs and sort it out, the girl at Reception was very friendly and apologetic about it, we had our room changed instantly and all was well!

We found the room great for what we needed, it wasn't as if we were planning on spending all our time in our room, as long as we had TV to watch while drinking our Mojitos and getting ready for our nights out, we were sweet! Location is perfect, as it's near the main shopping Streets and Melbourne Central is just a stroll down the road!

There is a little Priceline practically behind the Hotel, it's not big, however, it's good for little bits and pieces, there is also an Aldi on the same street as priceline, where we bought some Muesli and Milk for breakfast, the Buffet Breakfast in the Bar/Dining area has a fantastic selection (we loved the fresh fruit selection), but for $20.00 each it's a bit steep as we didn't even eat $20.00 worth of food, we also tried the Hot Selection (Fried Rice, Mushrooms, Hash Browns, Sausages, Tomatoes, Srambled Eggs etc), they had a range of cereals too.

We wanted to get our nails done, so we asked one of the girls at Reception, she gave us a map and directions, unfortunately the place she gave us no longer did nails, so we went to her 2nd choice in Melbourne Central - we found Diamond Nails on the ground floor and booked for the Saturday morning - DON'T GO THERE - they are so rude and treat you like a second class citizen! We paid $15.00 for a Cut, Shape, Buff and Polish - we were the only ones in there, yet I was rushed to pick my nail colour, the Asian girl was very rough with my hands and fingers, after being placed under a fan for 30min, a quick spray of insti-dry from a can, we were sent on our way, with our nails semi dry. There were 4 Asian girls on, when we walked out, I said "Thanks, Have a nice day". Not one of them looked up and acknowledged me! While there for nearly an hour, we knew they were talking about us! Won't be going there again!

I think we walked nearly 4-5 hours a day, if not more, we worked out, it's a 20 minute walk from the Hotel down Swanston Street to Flinders Street Station (if you walk at a steady pace). Off Swanston Street you have all your popular shopping and eating streets (Bourke Street, Lonsdale, La Trobe etc). We found Target (great for shopping), a 2 storey priceline, Myers, David Jones etc.

We walked to Southbank and the Casino 2 nights in a row - the Saturday night we went to ill Posto Pasta (I think) for dinner, then to Pure South for a few Wines, followed by dancing at PJ O'riens till 3am!!

I would recommend this Hotel to anyone, especially couples, friends or sisters wanting a shopping, eating and drinking LONG weekend away. We could've stayed an extra night or 2, however, as always, Melbourne left us tired, shopped out and hungover - we loved every minute of it!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheryl C

Dear Sheryl C,

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis Melbourne. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.
I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and also your stay in Melbourne. I will share your feedback with our team. I am happy to note that you found our location and our services to your liking.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com