“Great value hotel.”

ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel
Ranked #136 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Not really convenient for where I needed to be but cheap and cheerful. The staff were friendly and helpful. Only drawback was the heater. My room was very warm and I actually ended up opening the window and putting the fan on too. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank kl7378

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Given that it's an Accor Hotel, I did expect a little more. Overall, the hotel was old and really really basic, even after some attempts have been made to improve its looks. Rooms reminded me of a slightly more upmarket hostel with low quality furniture, bed, tired carpets and noisy heater. The only things it got going for it was its location at King Street and friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Lindaa78
KingsgateHM, General Manager at ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear Linda,
We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your recent stay at the All Seasons Kingsgate Hotel. We hope that your feedback can help us to improve our hotel services.

I’m sorry that you thought the hotel and your room wasn’t up to standard. Our refurbishment of 2010 has tried to retain the elegance of the 1926 building while also modernising our rooms. To ensure you have the most up to date room type I would recommend booking one of our Superior rooms or asking reception whether a room change is available.

I once again thank you for your comments as it allows us to better improve our hotel for you and for our future guests.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

The King Street location is ideal as its central to the CBD, Southern Cross station, Etihad stadium & lots more. But it also makes for a noisy location, particularly as the motel is close to a pub.
The staff were friendly & helpful. Our standard double room was tidy, but the power point in the room wasn't fixed to the wall properly, which I thought has the potential to be a hazard. The window blind was a waste - it did nothing to block out the daylight. I was also surprised when I hung up a towel & the towel rail came off the wall!!!
If you can I'd advise taking your own pillow as the ones provided are useless. Oh - bring your own face washer too, when I enquired I was told they don't provide them.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Kim,
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the All Seasons Kingsgate Hotel. We’re disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with some of your time with us.

I’m sorry about the issues you had with your room during your stay. The hazardous powerpoint and the broken towel rack are both circumstances that you shouldn’t have had to deal with. I will make sure that we do a thorough check to identify similarly faulty items in the future so that our guests are not at risk.

I appreciate you sharing your concerns, and I hope that you will give the All Seasons Kingsgate Hotel the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Compared to other hotel rooms in the CBD this was quite roomy. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly. Great location. The double blinds on the window made sure it was nice and dark. Only drawback was the in room radiator - even when we turned it right down the room was a bit too warm for our liking.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2012

For an Accor Hotel, I was surprised and at first not happy with the room. That said , the staff were very very helpfull. We live in Victoria and do not know how to catch a tram. Reception staff made it SOOOO easy. We had a fantastic stay the cafe for fast food is exactly that,fast, frozen,deep fried,staff are great. Bergeracs is an iconic Melbourne Restuarant , French, divine and just downstars. Our room was very basic and the pensioner scowled at first, no view no atmosphere. We drove to the hotel so I was able to take Biscuits cheese wine etc. The hotel is basic but larger than rooms in England or France. The only noise we heard was some pub emptying kegs at 4am, we soon went back to sleep. Breakfast was good..Will certainly stay again.
Oh and they have a $25.00 voucher for parking but it is blocks away so not great if you have luggage. Parking outside the hotel is 1 hour. So park, empty car of luggage, park at Spencer st station and walk back to hotel,only workable if there are two of you.

Room Tip: For an Accor Hotel, I was surprised and at first not happy with the room. That said , the staff were...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The only good thing about this hotel was the location and was easy walking distance to anywhere in the cbd.

The room was noisy from both inside the hotel and out. The worst was came from the constant drum of the air con on the building next door. staff were unhelpful and not particularly bright - took one lady 10 minutes to find my booking as she didn't know where the apostrophe was on the keyboard. Room was not cleaned properly either and dirty cups were partly rinsed in the sink and not replaced after the first day.

I've stayed in hostels at a third of the price that are better than this hotel and with much better service. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear 1980ro,
Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry that your stay at the All Seasons Kingsgate Hotel didn’t meet your expectations.

I sincerely apologise for the noise from inside and outside the hotel that you experienced during your stay. The 1926 construction of the hotel means the building has some noisy air-con and exhaust fan issues which we are working to keep to a minimum. I have also alerted housekeeping of your complaints about your room and cups not being cleaned properly. This is unacceptable and I sincerely apologise.

I’m also sorry about the slow check-in; all of our staff are friendly and efficient however they occasionally have moments where they need to take extra time and I’m sorry you were made to wait.