InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$116
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$103
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$115
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$104
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$172
Hotel Windsor
Adelphi Hotel(Melbourne)
US$195
US$153
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$127
  • Restaurant
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$117
US$288
US$178
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$157
  • Breakfast included
2,337 results
All reviewsthe club loungealluvial restaurantambassador membermarket lanecollins streetjunior suitebeautiful hotelnatural lightrain showerstar hotelheritage buildinghigh teaan upgradevalet parkingbuffet breakfastcrown casinosouthern cross station
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I am a regular visitor to the Rialto with ambassador membership, and usually find the accommodation and service here of a high standard. I find the character of this heritage building redevelopment a marked change from the usual modern could-be-anywhere kind of property.

The warm welcome I always receive by many staff is also a pleasant start when on the business travel grind, the memory of my personal preferences by everyone from the front desk through room service and the club is a personal plus. Yes, I know there are systems for a lot of this, but there are lots of things that aren't written down that get handled. Give them a chance, I think you might be pleasantly surprised. I'm not the most lavish nor most frequent traveller, but I certainly appreciate the above the bar treatment I receive.

Some people comment on the lack of views, but I have to wonder whether they have appreciated the character and investigated the history of this property - try asking the staff, many of them have lots of facts at their fingertips, and I find many of them seem to really enjoy working in such an interesting property. I certainly find this a refreshing change from the usual options available at this end of the market.

The club staff here are fantastic and usually go the extra distance to make the stay very enjoyable and Kishor, the Customer Relations Manager is always on the ball.

Anyway, to my recent stay. I brought the family down to join me for a long weekend away rather than returning home in the middle of a business trip. The upgrades and extra pampering were exceptional and much appreciated bythe family, and the level of customer care and the warmth with which my wife and daughters were greeted was very much appreciated by this even more appreciative loyal customer.

Well done guys!

Room Tip: If you like modern rooms, the junior suites are great, but if you want something with a bit of character, ask for a room in the heritage side. Let them know if you want a view. But if you can stretch, try a turrent suite, especially 601. Very different and fun!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2011

Dear JimCau,
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your visits to the hotel, I cannot tell you how happy it made me to read about your stays with us.
Please be assured that I will pass your feedback on to Kishor and the hotel team.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2011

Usually stay at Hyatt, Park Hyatt or Westin for business. Thought I would try here for a change. Very nice. Service outstanding, room service very good. Was upgraded to a suite, which always colours the experience, and the suite was stunning. I will definitely stay here again. I would chose this over the Grand Hyatt any day. The attitude of staff shows that they try hard to please and they certainly did for me. Great stay. Definitely 5 star in every way for me.

Room Tip: be an ambassador club member.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear Luv2travelOzzie,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with me your thoughts regarding your recent stay. It made me very happy to read that you had such a wonderful experience and I am pleased to confirm that yes, the team do work very hard to ensure that all guests have a wonderful five star experience.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2011

We selected the this hotel because as Ambassador members we needed the available 4pm checkout (we were catching the night ferry to Tasmania).

It was our first stay at the Melbourne Intercon. We have previously stayed at the chain's hotels in Singapore, Perth and Sydney.

Our experience in Melbourne was disappointing. First we were not shown to our room and the signage led us to a dead end - we had to call for assistance. Next there was no welcoming letter or fruit bowl nor was a paper delivered to the room. The room was too hot and could not be cooled down - we were eventually moved to a suite where there was some improvement.

Overall the hotel is gloomy and most rooms have not outlook on the outside world. Lighting in the rooms is very dull which further adds to the gloom.

Overall, for the price we paid for a king bed club room there are better alternatives available in Melbourne.

On the positive side, staff in the Lounge were very helpful and quick to offer any assistance.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms at the front of the hotel face onto a busy street with trams, buses, cars, etc. The other rooms tend to be gloomy
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Dear AUSSIETRAVELADVISER,
Thank you for sharing with me your thoughts regarding your recent stay. I was so saddened to read that we were not able to meet all your expectations during this time. Due to the hotel’s two building configuration most of the guest rooms do face our internal atrium and in keeping with the historical significance of the facades of the hotel this was kept this way in the redevelopment of the hotel in 2008, i do apologise this was not to your liking.

I am however glad to read that you found the team in the Club InterContinental lounge to be so helpful, I will certainly pass this feedback on to them.
Should you wish to discuss any aspects of your stay further please do not hesitate to contact me.
I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

Still here on a project and booked the room for nearing 85 days. Nearing a month has passed now.

The location is GREAT. The rooms are new and excellent. Good food. Peaceful and serene hotel.

The service I received from the staff (concierge, duty managers, bell desk) was excellent.
I was very sick and the hotel took care of me like a family.. They got me medical help, got my medications, did all follow-ups etc etc. This is what I call real service. I have stayed in so many IHG hotels and other top hotels. The service here is superior and REAL.

Since I am Platinum Ambassador- I received all Priority club benefits and much extra too.

Club lounge is excellent food and drinks round the clock.. DRAWBACK - Juice quality in club lounge need to improve. Tried to convince the hotel to improve the juice, hope they do so.

Noteworthy persons to mention – Mr Kishore N (manager) who attended all my needs 24x7 and Mr Cameroon. Many thanks great guys. All the members of concierge.
This hotel is much better than all the other hotels in Melbourne. I always do research before I go and check in to a hotel.

Hope trip advisor gives this hotel no 1 rating. They deserver it.

Room Tip: Be a Ambassedor of Priority club and contact Kishore
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Samarth C
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

Dear Samarth_04,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us such a heart warming review. It made me so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that we have been able to create a home away from home for you. Thank you also for your feedback regarding the juice in the Club InterContinental lounge, I will personally look in to this for you.
Thank you in particular for your feedback about Kishor and Cameron, I will certainly share with them your kind comments.
Thank you for your continued support and should you require any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Beautiful building, the staff are polite and friendly they make you feel welcomed, well maintained, clean, and very quiet, really nice big bathroom, huge big comfortable king bed- I never wanted to leave the bed or the hotel room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Lance R
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2011

Dear Lance_R,

Thank you for taking the time to share with me your thoughts about your recent stay at the hotel. I was so happy to read that you had such a wonderful stay and that you found the bed to be so comfortable!

The entire hotel team looks forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.