“Another Fantastic Stay at the Rialto!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto

InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
Ranked #34 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Adelaide
“Another Fantastic Stay at the Rialto!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

I recently stayed at the InerContinental Rialto with my family for my mother's 50th on the weekend of February 8th to the 11th.
We were all amazed at the high level of service and attention to detail.
Notable highlights of the stay included the champagne delivered to my mother's room for her birthday. This was unexpected and very kind of the hotel to arrange this.
A special mention to Cliff who greeted us on arrival and helped us with directions throughout our stay. He is fantastic - an absolute asset to the hotel! Another notable mention to Daniel the Duty Mananger - thank you for helping my parents with the Club Access package.
Location is fantastic, club access is worth the money and all staff were an absolute pleasure to deal with!
Thankyou InterContinental Melbourne for making my mother's 50th extremely memorable - will be back again!

Room Tip: Club Access a Must!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank S F
InterContinenta... M, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, 17 February 2013
Dear S F,

May I first send your mother my belated birthday wishes and say that I am so glad you all enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team, it is very pleasing to hear when we deliver the service excellence we always aim for, making your experience a memorable one. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back again soon.

Joerg T. Boeckeler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

My husband and I have just returned from staying at the InterContinental Melbourne for the weekend. This is the first time we have stayed at this hotel and we were very impressed with it. The hotel is in a great location and within walking distance to most things. The staff were very attentive to our needs and the hotel very clean. The room was large and spacious, and the bed just perfect! Breakfast was included in our package and it was amongst one of the best hotel buffet breakfasts we have seen around the world.

Would definately recommend this hotel and will stay here again when next in Melbourne.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jenny_traveller76
InterContinenta... M, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Dear jenny_traveller76,

Thank you so much for sharing your kind review, I am so glad you and your husband enjoyed your stay! I will be sure to pass your feedback on to the team, especially in the kitchen, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Neutral Bay, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

Another great stay at this hotel, friendly staff, lovely appointed rooms. This time around I was lucky to get an upgraded room with a tub which was huge & I made good use of it. Breakfast in the restaurant had the best selection I have ever seen in a hotel restaurant.
I will continue to return whenever I am in melbourne!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank eeliechick
Dear eeliechick,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Nice, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

This hotel is well located close at middle ways between the central south station and the center of the town. It is easy to go along the nice river where it is easy to find good restaurant.
Welcome is very good and all people in the hotel are very professional and always ready to help you. I have received a very good help from the concierge to help me to change my flight ticket.
The restaurant waiters are very smiled and are always there to hear you and to serve you.
The quality of the meal is very good with no common recipes. For the breakfast you can find all dish that you want with fresh fruits and a lot of possibilities
Room are news clean, however view on outside is not enough open.
The large hall of the hotel is fantastic with very nice blue color with a very nice architecture.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Michel S
Dear ROMBAS,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass on your kind feedback to the team. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Once again we were able to stay at the Intercontinental Melbourne The Rialto on our recent trip to Melbourne. we have stayed here quite a few times now making it our first choice for our home away from home! The staff are always very friendly and nothing is too much trouble to make you feel really welcome. This time we had a rental car during our stay but with the valet parking and the guys on concierge, whenever we wanted the car, it was there waiting for us. The hotel is very fortunate to have an excellent guest experience manager, kishor, who has a genuine passion for 'getting it right" and this is exactly what he ensures his team does everytime. It always seems such a whirlwind time when we are in Melbourne, but it is comforting to know that The Rialto is always a consistent residence of excellence.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Geoff4Andie
InterContinenta... M, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Dear Geoff4Andie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind review. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us so much and will be sure to pass your feedback on to the team. I look forward to welcoming you back when next you are visiting Melbourne.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

We stayed from the 1 - 3 of Feb. It is quite a lovely hotel with very friendly staff.

I enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel, the comfortable bed and the beautiful blue lights that shone down the middle of the lobby at night.

The rooms are very comfortable and quiet, albeit a bit on the small side. I have seen bigger bathrooms before but it was big enough and certainly very nice. I would have preferred more TV channels to choose from, however, and the movies were a bit pricey at about $17 each.

The breakfast was fantastic. The coffee was nothing compared to the usual standard of Melbourne coffee, but the great omelettes, juices and selection of pastries more than made up fo this.

The pool isn't very large, but I suppose it suits Melbourne's ever-changing climate. It is cleverly positioned on the top floor with a glass roof and windows, so there is a view of surrounding buildings.

The location was also good. It's not quite in the centre of the hustle and bustle of the shops, but it's not a far walk away. Some people may also be interested to know that it is situated next to Haigh's Chocolate, and directly across from a McDonald's. It's also very close to two 7-Elevens.

The staff were all great, from the people who greeted us at the door to the chefs at breakfast. In particular, we'd like to thank Yui (I hope I spelt that correctly!) at reception who was so friendly, helpful and approachable.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica F
InterContinenta... M, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Dear Jessica F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Gold coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

Stayed here for two nights recently and was very impressed with the whole hotel. The building itself is amazing and the friendly reception and concierge staff that were always willing to help out whenever we needed. The bed was really comfortable, my partner described it as 'sleeping on a cloud'. The rooftop pool and spa was also impressive, right next to the hotels own rooftop herb garden. Can't wait to stay here again soon!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Cameron B,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to share your review. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome both you and your partner back again soon.