“Small pool lots of charm”

InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
Ranked #40 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
victoria
“Small pool lots of charm”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Spent our 30th wedding anniversary here 2 nights & have stayed a few times before. We had a large king size bed in a larger than average room in the older part of this unique hotel with access to Club lounge which has improved very much over the years with its pre dinner drinks & food. It is a good walk to CBD shopping & tram stop very close.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, 26 July 2014

Dear louVictoria,

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback from your recent stay with in at the InterContinental Melbourne.

I am delighted that you choose to spend your 30th Wedding Anniversary with us and congratulations on this milestone. I it is lovely to hear that you feel the Club Lounge has improved over the years and I hope that we can continue on this journey.

I hope that we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel for another milestone celebration soon.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had 2 nights there recently while attending a friend's funeral. Booked a basic room as I was travelling alone, and found myself up-graded to a lovely 5 star Junior Suite, which was just perfect.
The bar service, restaurant service, quality of fittings, surroundings and staff are all worthy of a 5 star rating and is everything I expected and more. My thanks to IHG Hotels for making my stay, as enjoyable as possible in the circumstances.
Would I stay there again..........without doubt, no question!

Room Tip: Join the IHG rewards scheme, but rooms towards the centre of the hotel from 2nd floor up are likely...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Al M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review on Trip Advisor.
I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and that we were able to make it enjoyable for your considering the circumstances.

I hope that sometime in the near future we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to Melbourne.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Overall a good hotel in a great location. Staff were exceptionally helpful and prompt which was great including suggesting the little things such as WiFi access by joining the loyalty program. Rooms were great being clean and spacious. Breakfast was good with a reasonable spread and fantastic service albeit I felt that quality of food could perhaps be better in light of price paid for the room. In short, whilst service and rooms were highlights; there was something missing from a top tier hotel like ICH that just fell short of value for money (sentiment shared by 1-2 other people in the group). Don't get me wrong - Would still strongly recommend but perhaps was influenced by stay in a similar hotel overseas (lucky to stay in) that was just that tad bit better

Room Tip: Rooms on Club level ie higher floors are great
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear DesLimPug,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your kind review on Trip Advisor.

It is lovely to hear that the service provided to you and your friends and the rooms in which you stayed where highlights of your stay. I am delighted also to note that my colleagues at reception were able to suggest signing up to our IHG Rewards Club Program so that you could receive complimentary Internet access for the duration of your stay.

I hope that we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Sebastian Germerhausen
Sydney
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stay at the Intercontinental whenever I visit Melbourne for work and have enjoyed every stay. The rooms are comfortable, clean and a decent size with a desk to be able to do some work. The swimming pool on the top floor has a great view of the sky and I often use the gym, which has some cardio equipment and 5 or 6 pieces of strength training equipment (along with some free weights). I also really enjoy the food at the Intercontinental. There is a great selection for room service which arrives fairly promptly and the buffet breakfast is delicious. I also can't go past the Haigh's chocolate shop out the front without ducking in for some berry chocs! In terms of transport, there is a taxi stand right outside and a tram stop just a couple of minutes walk. Overall I would recommend the Intercontinental for a stay in Melbourne.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Bethanyangela,

As a return guest to InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to share the feedback from your most recent stay on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you always enjoy staying with us and enjoy the buffet breakfast selection. It is also lovely to hear that you share my Achilles heal for berry chocs!

I hope that I might have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Very cool hotel in a great location. Hotel is modern, clean and friendly. Rooms are nice with excellent beds. The hotel is walking distance to some great restaurants and shops. Perfect hotel for business or couples/adults. Would go back..

Stayed August 2013
Dear KB,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing the kind feedback from your recent stay with us in Melbourne.

I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel to be cool, centrally located and more importantly that you would return to stay with us again.

Belize City, Belize
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

From the moment I arrived and stepped in from the freezing cold I felt once more the warmth of the Caribbean in the smiles and service that went from concierge, bell boy to waiter in restaurant! I felt so spoiled that I started to believe I was royalty! The food is the best I will definitely come back and highly recommend!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Eric_Castellanos,

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback from you recent stay with us in Melbourne.

It is so great to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and were made to feel like royalty. That certainly is a wonderful compliment. I hope that we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to Melbourne and the hotel again soon.

toowoon bay
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We had two rooms on the club level and really thought it was value for money. The staff were so pleasant and accommodating. Beds were great. Breakfast amazing. It was my friends birthday so brekky staff organized a cake. We didn't want to leave!

• Stayed July 2014
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear teobirdsToowoonBay,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us for your friend’s Birthday and also that you found my colleagues to be pleasant and accommodating.

I hope that we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel for your Birthday celebration.

Sebastian Germershuasen