InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
Oaks on Market(Melbourne)
  • Fitness centre
  • Room Service
2,320 results
All reviewsthe club loungealluvial restaurantambassador membermarket lanecollins streetjunior suitebeautiful hotelnatural lightrain showerstar hotelheritage buildinghigh teaan upgradevalet parkingbuffet breakfastcrown casinosouthern cross station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Check in was efficient and staff very helpful. The hotel is located in the City Centre towards the night club district and close to docklands. All City Centre attractions are close enough to walk to.
Received a double upgrade on arrival to a suite at the front of the hotel. Lovely room that was quite spacious and well appointed.
The only disappointment was the service in the Club room for breakfast on our 2nd morning. the waiter was unhelpful, he had to be asked to clean a vacant table after we had been sitting there for at least 10 minutes, also had to be reminded about a tea & coffee order & was not courteous or polite when asked.
Otherwise the rest of the staff were of a very high standard.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Suites at front do get traffic noise, especially from the trams
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LifesToShort-Enjoy
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear LifesToShort-Enjoy,

Thank you for sharing the feedback from your recent stay with us at InterContinental Melbourne.
Whilst I am delighted that you enjoyed your suite upgrade I was disappointed to note the service challenges that you experienced during breakfast in the Club Lounge. I will be sure to address this with the team as we work toward creating memorable experiences for all our guests.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel was fantastic. Location is great with Taxi Stand right outside. Service from arrival to departure was top notch!

Rooms are very spacious, we were on level 7 in a king room with a nice outlook into the atrium. Nice wide entrance area and nice modern fittings within.

Buffet Breakfast was good down on the ground level, with a great selections of food.

Would definitely recommend and will be a favourite in Melbourne.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blissfultravel
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Blissfultravel,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share the kind feedback from your recent stay with us in Melbourne.

I am delighted to hear that you found the rooms to be spacious with a nice outlook into the atrium. I hope that I might have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The room is nicely decorated. The front is not fancy but workable and the staffs are friendly. The restaurant and bar are on the basement 2. Breakfast is same everyday and might be boring for those stay longer. It is at the breakfast that the number of staffs there is not enough because the hotel arranges in such a way that coffee, omelette and filling of water have to be performed by staff and we had to wait long time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Prasas T
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Prasast,

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback from your recent stay with us in Melbourne. Whilst I am glad to hear that you found the room to be nicely decorated and my colleagues to be friendly I was disappointed to note that you found the breakfast service to be a little slow.

I will be sure to share this feedback with the team as we strive toward service excellence for all our guests.

Sebastian Germerhausen

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I could not fault this hotel. The facility is in excellent condition and is so clean and tidy. The staff also made our stay even more enjoyable. Everyone from the Doorman, Concierge, Reception Desk and Food and Beverage staff could not have been more helpful. It made our weekend getaway so much fun!!

Room Tip: The hotel looked exceptionally well maintained throughout. Both my friends room and mine were lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear McGuire4,

Thank you for taking the time to share the kind feedback from you recent stay with us in Melbourne.

I am delighted to hear that you were not able to fault the hotel and that my colleagues were able to make your stay a truly memorable one. I hope that on your next journey to Melbourne I might have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The restoration is stunning, we stayed there in May and admired the art and the industrial chic look they were going for. However, for the price I would have expected a slightly larger room. My husband and I found it cluttered as they had squeezed a desk, armchair, king size bed and minibar/ bench. The bathroom was nice but the door to the shower got stuck and my husband had to push it open so that I could get out.

We had a view of another building (standard for Melbourne) but it was above a lane way and in the wee hours of the morning I was woken but a bunch of blokes who had just left the pub, they were yelling and being really loud.

The staff were nice but we probably won't stay there again unless guaranteed a larger room on a higher floor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bianca J
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Bianca J,

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback on your recent stay with us.

Whilst I am delighted to hear that you loved the restoration which has taken place in order to convert our two our historic buildings into this beautiful hotel I was disappointed to note that you felt as though the room was a little cluttered. We appreciate this feedback and certainly take this into consideration as we make the journey toward creating memorable experiences for each and every one of our guests.

Sebastian Germerhausen