“Very helpful staff!”

Ranked #17 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Dorset
“Very helpful staff!”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights on our tour of Oz. The hotel was smart and stylish. Our room was just as we would have expected. All in all our stay was very pleasant indeed.
After checking out we headed down towards the Great Ocean Rd when I discovered I had lost my purse. To cut a long story short a very helpful man on reception at the Lindrum located it in another hotel and organised for it to be delivered to us. I was thrilled as this could have ruined our entire trip.
Now that really was great service!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelLindrum, General Manager at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Lindrum during your tour of Oz! I am delighted that we were able to assist you locating your purse- a stressful thing to happen at any time let alone when you are travelling away from home.
I trust you enjoyed the remainder of your tour.
General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Great little hotel in CBD Melbourne.. Really central and perfect for foodies like us on a Melbourne adventure.. Friendly yet unobtrusive staff.. Rooms are clean and well looked after.. Would definately stay again and recommend..

• Stayed March 2013
Perth Western Australia
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Had an excellent four night stay here last week and will be back for sure. We loved our room, so comfortable with great amenities, including fluffy white robes - hooray!! Really enjoyed having a nightcap each evening in the lovely bar and at last a place that serves decent sparkling by the glass - Yarrabank to be precise!! Staff are very professional, helpful, cheerful and accommodating. Location excellent! Convenient to Federation Square, Collins street (Paris end) sports grounds - in fact everything! Couldn't be more pleased.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Susannah182
Dear guest,
We really appreciate your feedback. It is great to hear that you appreciated the finer details of your stay.
We agree we are the perfect city centre location with great access to all, great shopping and entertainment.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the city.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 24 February 2013

This is an absolutely lovely hotel, good spot, really nice lounge bar and reception area. The biggest downfall was the lack of service. For a hotel of this calibre, I expect staff to be a lot more professional, friendly and prompt in providing service. That was downstairs. In terms of housekeeping, I don't know what happened. They made the bed, but didn't replenish milk, tea bags and toiletries. I was so excited that the hotel had my favourite tea, but on our second morning disappointed that it hadn't been replenished and had to call housekeeping.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelLindrum, General Manager at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback.
I am really disappointed and apologise that you found the level of service to be lacking. We do pride ourselves on our level of customer service – obviously we failed to deliver during your stay.

I will definitely follow up with the team to find out what happened with the service of your room.
We do take your feedback seriously.

I appreciate you letting us know as it means we have an opportunity to fix any issues.

Please again accept my apologies.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a night on the 10th of Feb. We had a deal booked through Wot If for breakfast included and a late check out of 2pm. We also upgraded our room to junior suite as we believe no hotel stay should be without a king bed.
When we arrived our room wasn't ready (we arrived over an hour early) and were happy to drop off our bags and go out for a bit but they quickly were able to find us a room so we could check in there and then. Thank you!!!
Staff were friendly and very professional. We could hear no street noise from our room and had the best sleep in for a long time.
The tolietries were so lovely I made sure I used them, just devine. I really appreciated that the coffee and tea were not just generic rubbish and they actually had lovely teas in the room to choose from.
The bathroom was little small but the room and the comfy bed made up for such a minor thing.
Would stay here again in a flash..
2pm check out recommended but if you are in the car park next door for more tnah 24 hours you will be charged for 2 days reagrdless of how much time you are over. We had to pay 32 dollars instead of 16.

Room Tip: Room 316 was very quiet...Junior suite...
1 Thank calmer_75
Hobart, tasmania
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I was advised at 4.30 previous to my flight that the Lindrum was not available due to a water boiler leakage in some of the rooms. I had been moved to the Quay West Apartments in Southbank. While the appartment was really excellent in all areas the location was more difficult being Solo and late at night from the venue where I went for entertainment.
Regards
Shirley Wells

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank tango8210
HotelLindrum, General Manager at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Dear guest,

I apologise that we had a situation whereby it was necessary to relocate you to one of our sister properties.

We do try to avoid this at all costs. I appreciate that it was not the ideal location for you.

I do hope that this will not deter you from choosing to stay with us in the future.

Jakarta
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I was visiting Melbourne for a workshop. Half of us stayed in the nearby Hotel Mercure, half paid just a little bit more to stay in the Lindrum. we in the Lindrum were, by far, the luckiest half of the group. The Lindrum could not have been nicer. Staff were friendly, efficient, and helpful with every request. The beds were comfortable and thoughtfully laid out, particularly for those of us who unfortunately have to work whilst visiting one of the world's great tourist cities. Internet is free and fast -- a fact that would have made me bump up my ratings by a star or two were they not already near the top -- and the fact that you can walk to everything from great bars to great art galleries in just a few minutes underscores what a great location the hotel is in. I plan to go back soon, with my family in tow. Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business