“No better in Melbourne”

Ranked #7 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Palm Desert, California
“No better in Melbourne”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

While the Park Hyatt is a bit out of the City center, it is a fabulous hotel. The entrance is an artist's dream come true. The rooms are ample and very comfortable. Next door is an amazing Cathedral. Even the entrance driveway is reminiscent of an estate. You really cannot go wrong with this exemplary hotel. The restaurant was more like a Manhattan City center all night service bistro. The only improvement may be a bit more variety in the eating options and a location that is a bit closer to the City center. I would not stay anywhere else in Melbourne unless it was shown to be better.

Room Tip: View over the courtyard entry.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bwhite2001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I wanted to move in. Me and my partner stayed at this hotel for his birthday celebrations and the hotel room we were in was big enough to stay forever. We had the most enormous bathroom. Two basins, a huge spa with a tv in it, mirrors everywhere. Was loving getting ready in that. We also had an amazing view. windows that opened all round and a fire place. Bed was king size and comfy and we also had a huge wardrobe. We had the best time. It was perfect :) breakfast served in our room the next morning topped it off. !! cant say enough..was 1000 stars

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah T
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post comments on Trip Advisor!

I apologise for not writing sooner but I have been experiencing issues with my log in and security thereof. Now all sorted though.

Your comments were glowing and for those I must thank you! It would seem we ticked all the boxes and in a good way! Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your reservation.

I write this trusting you are well and thank you once more.

Kind regards,

Sholto Smith

_____________________________________________
Reviewed 14 December 2011

This is a sexy hotel! Sexy entrance, sexy lobby and sexy room!
Spending Valentines Day there was absolutely perfect! The bathroom is so amazing that there is even a TV on the wall on top of the spa! Trust me, it was fantastic and very very romantic!
The bed was comfortable and the service was right up there with the best of the best! The bar downstairs is beautiful and the courtyard outside is very relaxing to sit and have a drink or a coffee!
Loved every minute of my stay at the Park Hyatt and as I am a Melbournian - I look forward to staying there many times again! Would be a great hotel for my wedding night!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank El_Pago
Thank you for taking the time to post comments on Trip Advisor!

That said, I was very pleased to read all of your positive comments regarding your stay during Valentines Day in 2011. The latter just around the corner again and with that I would like to say that I would be only too delighted to assist you with your accommodation requirements should you with to return to Park Hyatt Melbourne to celebrate the occasion!

Please find below my contact details.

I write this trusting you are well and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne.

Kind regards,

Sholto Smith
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 28 November 2011

What an amazing place. If all hotels were like this one, reviews would be redundant. My wife and I have travelled to many places and stayed in many top hotels and this would rank right up there at the top. Even though we had a room with no view (conference block booking), it was beautifully finished, plenty of room with all the comforts you would expect from a quality hotel but sometimes look tired or are not there at all - tv over the spa bath, robes, quality fittings, larger than average-size room, excellent service.
Will definitely be making this our preferred Melbourne hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank suppersready56
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post comments on Trip Advisor! I especially liked your heading!! "WOW!"

It would certainly appear that we were able to meet your expectations and that all in all you both enjoyed your stay here. We would be delighted to be your hotel of choice here in Melbourne and with that said, I would be only too happy to assist you with your accommodation requirements. My details you'll find below.

I write this trusting you are both well and thank you once more for your super comments!

Best regards,

scotland
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed here the Melbourne Cup Week. The hotel was busy but the staff managed it all very well and the service was excellent! The bedrooms - ours was large and clean, we vote this hotel as having the best bath! We were there for a week so really appreciated the extra space, the downside of the bedrooms - they charge for the water they put by the bed, they charge really high internet prices. Executive Lounge - well worth having access to this room, the view of the city is wonderful, the two ladies that looked after you were so lovely, we looked forward to seeing them each night and the varies foods on offer were too good, no dinner was required after. Downside, we would have preferred Breakfast to be available there everyday, not just Sunday. The Concierge, Jason was so helpful and friendly, he was full of great suggestions for us to fill our days, and anything we wanted to do he made sure we were able to do so without any hassle - nothing was a problem to him, he is by far the best concierge we have met! Unfortunately, we have to say be careful this hotel has a thief! My wife left a bracelet in our room and as we were out for a full day it was not noticed as missing till the following morning, unfortunately, it was our check out date and we were travelling to a timetable so we were not able to pursue this matter fully. The hotel were made aware of it and we will now be following the matter up with them fully. So - 4 Great Point, 3 Bad Points!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fcmoll
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We stayed at the Hyatt 25th-29th Nov 2011 to begin with the check in was easy our room on the 11th floor of the cathederal tower was huge,
the positives I loved the little extras in the room they were wonderful plus the room was very clean and fresh. Ladies the bathroom was again huge with a wonderful deep bath we had a walk in robe with heaps of space and the little alcove for me to get made up was great. AND the bed OMG so big and comfy! I spent 5 hours in the day spa and the staff in that area were awesome the treatments first class. We opted for the Club Lounge and I recommend you pay the extra the drinks include spirits, wine, beer,champagne, and you can have as many as required during the 2 hour happy hour also the food during this time is sensational no need to go out for dinner. During the day the lounge is fully stocked with papers and you can have juice, sparkling water tea coffee all day long plus the view is to die for. The staff in particular evelyn and mryna are a credit to the hotel very professional and quite lovely to deal with.The pool area is lovely lots of room and a nice hot spa. Now the negatives I requested via email a room as far away from the lift as possible they gave us room 1132 the closest room to the lift in fact it backs on to the lift well. Not a good start, the staff at the check in were robotic also the night staff in Radii also robotic (day staff in Radii wonderful) the robotic staff were attentive but really one wondered why they work with the general public. There is no where really to lounge outside apart from an area off the SPA perhaps close down the jaded old tennis courts and use that area with an outside bar.The Radii on the evening we dined there had on House Music in the speakers now given the average age in the restuarant that night was at least 55 house musice doesnt cut it. Admittedley the music wasnt on loud but House music go figure! Our room although huge had a rather ordinary view plus they took until 3pm to clean it. Would I stay again thats the main thing if one chooses to go back AND I think I may as long as they get our room right and keep me away from those damn lifts the noise of guests coming and going at all hours was disappointing.

Room Tip: Stay away from 1132
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ParisMatch_11
Thank you for taking the time to post comments on Trip Advisor!

While I can see you enjoyed many aspects of your stay here, it is evident that we fell short in many areas and I would hope you would perhaps return to the hotel again so that we can endeavor to redeem ourselves. With that said I would be only too happy to assist you with your accommodation requirements. My details you'll find below.

I would like to ensure you too that your comments have been shared with all and will be used to assist.

I write this trusting you are both well and thank you once more for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor!

Best regards,

Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2011

The Park Hyatt is a modern hotel, but the central block has Art Deco influences, so it has more style than many modern business hotels. The location is excellent, and the rooms large, comfortable and well-equipped. Breakfast was good (though rather expensive; take full advantage of it to get value for money), and I found the front desk staff both helpful and knowledgable. They were able to recommend a couple of excellent restaurants nearby. The gym was decently equipped, if a little cramped; the pool looked better, but I didn't try it.

The one significant downside was the Internet charges, which can be justified only as a homage to Australia's convict history: (information) highway robbery.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post comments on Trip Advisor!

While they were certainly of the positive kind, your comments about the breakfast and indeed the internet charges have been taken on board.

I would hope that you will return one day and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can assist you with your requirements. My details are all listed below.