Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
The Crossley Hotel(Melbourne)
  • Fitness centre
3,020 results
All reviewsradii restaurantpark loungeclub deluxepatrick's cathedralfitzroy gardensking roomspa roomnespresso machineluxury hotelbeautiful hotelroom servicewedding nighthuge bathroomparliament housetop endcollins streethigh tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I have stayed numerous times at the Park Hyatt in Melbourne. This Hotel is nicely tucked away on the fringes of Melbourne CBD, but still close enough to walk into the city. The hotel itself offers all the facilities a five star hotel should offer. Since I have been here a few times I have stayed in different room categories. You will find that even the basic room is quite well appointed and is a lot larger than your average hotel rooms. The views of the hotel can either look over the St Patrick Cathedral , the gardens or the city, any which way the views are lovely. For those who like to smoke please note this is a smoke free hotel , however you can always step outside the hotel and have a smoke should you wish. If you are staying in the Spa rooms you will be pleasantly surprised that the spa baths are quite generous in size (two person) and for little bit of entertainment there is a TV set also in here should you want to watch a bit of TV while soaking up in the Spa bath. I would recommend this hotel for any sort of trip , however, I think it caters most well for couples, business friends or solo. Would defiantly also recommend for the overseas traveller as it is in a nice part of the city (just behind Parliament house) at the top of the Paris end of Collins Street. :)

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend paying that little extra and book the Deluxe Spa rooms!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Thank you for writing such positive comments on Trip Advisor.

I think fair to say that you covered many of the highlights (location, smoke free, spa baths, televisions in bathrooms) that our sales team use when promoting our hotel to clients. In fact the list goes on and I hope that you were also able to visit our Park Club health and Day Spa where we have our gymnasium and 25 meter heated indoor swimming pool.

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

This hotel has met the Park Hyatt usual high standard of service and excellence.
Pros:
- Spacious and clean rooms. (most impressed by the size of the rooms!)
- Friendly and helpful service (even though the concierge booked me a wrong event, but they were able to rectify the problem with promptness.)
- Quiet

Cons:
- Not as centered as the other hotels on Collins Street, but it's still within walking distance.
- Internet and parking charges are a bit on the high side.

Conclusion:
Highly recommended and will come and visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: I had a room that was L-shaped so it was bigger than the regular rooms, it has more seating space and a corridor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I like the way you reported these back in that of the pros and the cons. The latter really not that negative either but nonetheless noted and indeed taken on board. With that said, I hear you re that of the internet but it is something that we at this point have little control over as we buy from a third party and with that, we sell it on. This is a contractual matter and one that we are certainly looking at how it can be improved.

I hope you will return soon and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can personally look after your requirements.

Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic place to stay. My partner and I stayed for 4 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Great place to indulge yourself. Staff were always pleased to help and did refer us to a beautiful restaurant. room service was good. Beautiful surroundings both in the rooms and building as well as being a close walk to pretty much Anything you want. Rooms were extremely clean. All linen great quality and clean. Pool and spa-pool were awesome. Minibars well stocked both with large variety of items. Definitely recommend anyone to stay there. I cannot wait to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for writing such a great review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read your glowing comments and I think fair to say you both experienced all that the hotel has to offer while you were here and we really appreciate your candid feedback which we hope will assist others who will read it when deciding where to stay while in Melbourne.

Please let me know if you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I liked the location of this hotel. Its a short walk to downtown Melbourne. The hotel itself is clean and well kept. The pool is very nice. Breakfast was good with many options to choose from. The Regency Club was very nice with great views from a high floor. For Hyatt Diamond members, avoid using suite upgrades at this hotel. My "suite" was smaller than my colleague's standard room. The room itself was very comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Greetings from Park Hyatt Melbourne.

Thank you for your positive comments on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your taking the time to write these and indeed for being both so detailed and candid with your review. I think safe for me to surmise that you enjoyed your stay here. I certainly hope you will return and that when you do you will contact me so that I can personally assist you.

I write this trusting you are well.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

The Park Hyatt is a high quality CBD hotel that offers the best of both worlds for the business traveller. Proximity to the business centre (all within 5-15 minutes walk) but surrounded by tranquil gardens and Melbournes green streets.
The reception area is entered through a off-street driveway where we found an abundance of bellmen to greet us and grab our bags. Reception itself is of italian contemporary styling (marble flooring & dark and vivid hues of fabric throughout).
The Park King room is standard and was larger than many of the hotels I have stayed in including the neraby and comparable Windsor of the Sofitel. The bathrooms are wonderful carrera marble with classic touches but all very modern.
The service could not be faulted and the afternoon tea served just off the reception area compares is quite special and is recommended. The breakfast menu is quite extensive with the buffet including fresh berries, freshly squeezed juices, custom dishes (pancakes, omlettes, poached eggs, etc)
The real treat about this place when all the above falls into place is its location. Less than 100m from the hoel is the beautiful Fitzroy gardens, a catherdal (sorry cant remember its name) is quite litterally next door and the 5 minute walk to the heritage Victorian Parlimant buildings makes the Park Hyatt one of my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Greetings from Park Hyatt Melbourne.

I really enjoyed reading your survey on Trip Advisor and wanted to thank you for taking the time to write these.

We too enjoy this location and while some may find it a little out of the way, we feel it offers the best of both worlds as we have the city on our doorstep and then as you rightly mentioned, Fitzroy Gardens on back doorstep. Before I forget, the cathedral is called St Patricks and yes, it’s pretty impressive and memory tells me it has the tallest spire in Australia.

We really appreciated your other comments too, in regards to the room you occupied and also your comments on our breakfast. Again, thank you!

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I write this trusting you are well.