Park Hyatt Melbourne
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$149
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$157
CrownePlaza.com
US$97
US$91
  • Bar/Lounge
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$176
  • Restaurant
Mantra Southbank Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$148
US$85
US$79
Travelocity
  • Fitness centre
Pensione Hotel Melbourne - by 8Hotels(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$72
US$324
US$259
US$257
US$206
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$118
  • Fitness centre
3,020 results
All reviewsradii restaurantpark loungeclub deluxepatrick's cathedralfitzroy gardensking roomspa roomnespresso machineluxury hotelbeautiful hotelroom servicewedding nighthuge bathroomparliament housetop endcollins streethigh tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 December 2012 via mobile

My second time staying at the park Hyatt. The rooms are a generous size with great features. Being able to make a quick coffee is a nice touch. Mostly I love the pool, steam room and jacuzzi. They are a huge improvement on other 5 star hotels I have stayed in. Great art work line the walls also.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Kerry W
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post such generous comments on Trip Advisor.

It would appear you enjoy most aspects of our hotel which is indeed great! Delighted to got to use the Nespresso Machine and also that you managed to get to use the hotel’s pool and other facilities, namely the Jacuzzi and steam room.

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

Kind regards and Happy New Year!

Reviewed 17 December 2012

I have stayed here before and continue to be impressed by the standard of presentation, service and the quality of the rooms. We stayed in a King room in the Southern tower with lovely views of the cathedral. We were offered a 4pm check-out due our comittments without evening asking for it.
The rooms are always tidy, clean and the pillows and bed make form a 5 star sleep.
As per las time the location is what makes this place so nice to stay in.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brad T
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post such favourable comments on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and the hotel’s facilities. I do hope that you will return and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can assist you.

I trust you are well wish you a Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

Close to the Melbourne City Loop, lovely cathedral and government square and still easy walking distance to all shopping. Very nice restaurant, Radii. A very nice breakfast experience; lovely dinner with a great New Zealand wine.

Room Tip: A deck is available on some rooms; a view of the cathedral is nice. Lovely suites.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheryl K
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2012

Having just read your review of Trip Advisor I would like to thank you for this!

It seems you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to sample some of the hotel’s facilities while you were in house. I am of course delighted about that and that you found all to be positive!

Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you.

I write this trusting you are well and wish you and your family a Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Reviewed 12 December 2012

My girlfriend decided to stay here for our anniversary this year. The room was okay, the price for the food was expected maybe a little higher but not to much. However we were pleased with the $600 the night ended up costing us. Until we got home and found that the valet had scratched our car against either a white wall or car as the paint was still present. We called and asked for it to be investigated and heard nothing back. I called a few days later after not hearing anything and they said they would be back with me within the hour. I got no reply until about 6 hours later. They said they've reviewed the tapes and can see no proof it had was there valet service. Asked nicely if we could have a copy of the tape. They said they wouldn't be able to provide a copy unless we were suing them. Needless to say we will never be attending this hotel again and would suggest anyone thinking of staying here takes a cab.

Room Tip: Look at the more central Melbourne Hotels for the money you pay you may as well be in the heart of the city.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Rick M
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback about you recent stay with us albeit being far from positive.

I was very aware of this alleged incidence as both our security manager and front office assistant managers had been keeping me informed. That said it is my understanding that our security manager contacted you directly and informed you that there is no evidence to suggest that the damage occurred while your car was on our premises. I am fully aware that you also asked for the CCTV footage and were advised that that this was possible but it could be obtained through legal channels. The latter due to data protection etc. I think fair to saY that we have tried to assist you as best as we possibly can.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance to you.

Kind regards,

Very best regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2012

I'll say upfront that the Park Hyatt in Melbourne is "ok". It performs the basic functions of a hotel reasonably enough. The staff are pleasant. However given it prices itself at the high end of 5 star hotels in Melbourne then my expectation is that it lives up to that and hopefully surprises me as well on top of that. Unfortunately if falls well well below that. And it is the attention to detail that is appears as a 3 star hotel and not what we are paying for. We booked 3 rooms in our family name on the one booking and checking in had 2 rooms on one floor and the third room in a different tower on a different floor. Not hard to get right if someone pays attention when allocating the rooms. Getting to our room which was a suite we arrived at 11pm and the room had not even been prepared for the evening - we had to find how to close the drapes , turn down the bed etc - again this would not have been hard to do if someone paid attention. In the room a number of the lights in the bathroom kept going on and off with the shower light not working. Then needing to use Wifi the extortionist money grab begins - $29 for a day of Wifi !!! It is absurd to be charging this when in fact it should be complementary at the rate we are already paying which is over $500 per night. All of us are in for 2 nights and one of rooms was not attended to until very very late in the day. I accept the hotel is busy , it is Xmas time and there are many parties and weddings being held but this is meant to be a Park Hyatt and not a standard motel experience.
Rooms are comfortable and spacious but because of their age the Air conditioning is noisy in all 3 rooms. Decor is fine. Breakfast in the Radii restaurant is a very good buffet but extremely expensive. There are other touches such as a bottle of champagne and chocolates in the room which are nice (free wifi would have been better!) but my experience would say the processes required to ensure that guests are treated in a valued way are letting the hotel fall into a space that it should not be in. For this level of cost there are quite a number of better hotels in Melbourne. The gem of the hotel is Radii.

Room Tip: King room was very spacious - a better bet than a suite if you thinking of either
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Michael Y

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor, albeit not that of a positive kind.

I was very disappointed to read how poorly you rated our hotel and would like to say that I am of course very sorry about this. All issues raised have been taken on board and I can assure you will be shared with the hotel team. Certainly some aspects are not acceptable and will be addressed. The internet is a sticky issue in that this is not as simple as our giving it away as we purchase it from a third party and with that we sell it on. I can assure you that we are looking at a better way to combat the negativity with charging and will hopefully have something to communicate on this sometime in 2013. I would rebate this for you but without knowing who you are cannot. Please do contact me directly if you would like me to do this for you though as I would be delighted to assist.