“Good Stay”

Park Hyatt Melbourne
Ranked #10 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed another night at my favourite hotel the Park Hyatt. Upon entering the room (On which was a very hot day), we turned the air conditioning on, which I understand would cost a lot of money to fix but even changing the controllers to something that's easier to operate would be greatly appreciated.

We had the bag man help us, after bringing up bags from Valet with the air conditioner. He explained sometimes it needs a reset and then to retry it. Thermostat was set in middle and tried again. We already had someone already on there way from maintenance. We had already waited well over the 15 minutes for the cool air to start kicking in.

The maintenance man came and was fantastic, he checked it all out and a broken motor was found to be the issue. We got given a different room and spoke with the GM Chris, he was very helpful and took care of the situation. We got into a room, albeit after a lot of stuffing around and having to repack then. However this room was of better quality and close to the health spa. Sadly there was no room to get a massage session, except for the next day in the afternoon which was un workable.

The hotel still maintains it's high standards, and will always provide you with a great GM.

Having already said that about the air conditioner, I had the person I stayed with change the thermostat a couple of degrees as the A/C had done it's job and became to cold. Which was a lot better than too hot, on a terribly hot day.

I woke up in the middle of the night in sweat as, the thermostat degree change caused the weather to be to hot.

This is defiantly a deficit to the hotel, however the pros, and the hospitality and the attentiveness of the senior staff far outweigh this issue.

Whenever I'm in Downtown Melbourne, I love to stay at the Park Hyatt. Will defiantly be back.

Still remains my favourite hotel.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank MelbourneAus85
Dawson_Robert, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear MelbourneAus85

Thank you for always taking the time to pass on your feedback. Your comments regarding the air conditioning have been noted, my sincere apologies for the obvious discomfort this caused and you may be pleased to know that we are in the process of looking into a new system. I am glad to learn that Christian was able to be of assistance and that the high standards in service that we strive to achieve are appreciated. We look forward to your return in the not too distant future.

Robert Dawson - General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,966)

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Very comfortable hotel at the eastern edge of the main downtown area. The room was very spacious and relaxing. The one annoyance was the highest daily charge for wifi that we've ever encountered; in this day and age, it should be free in a hotel in this price range.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear rdnyc52

Thank you for passing on your feedback. I am most pleased to learn that you enjoyed most aspects of the hotels services and facilities. With regards to the internet charges, we are currently under contract with a third party, however wish to advise that we will be offering complimentary internet to all guests as of 01 January 2014. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Robert Dawson - General Manager

Reviewed 8 December 2013

First Impressions, walked up to the hotel entrance and was greeted by an attendant and my bag was taken from me immediately. Walked into the lobby- beautiful and elegant.
It was only 12PM and I know check in wasn't until 2PM. I had booked a room with city or cathedral views however I gladly sacrificed the views to be able to check in early!

I was on the 11th floor and my room was lovely. I was impressed- large bed, amazing bathroom with a spa bath, his and her vanities and a shower. The room is designed wonderfully. I had only been in my room for about 5 minutes when my bag was delivered! It was so quick, some places I have had to wait for ages for my bag to be delivered.

The hotel is located close to all the major attractions in Melbourne, and it is an easy walk to Bourke Street Mall or Melbourne Central. However after a day of shopping the walk back seems to be a lot longer (that may just have been due to all the shopping bags I was carrying!). However if you don't feel like walking then you always catch the tram which stops like only 1 street away from the hotel.

Included in my hotel rate was breakfast and a 120 food & beverage credit. First breakfast which is served in the Radii Restaurant. There are plenty of options and you can order eggs benedict or scrambled eggs from Ben who cooks them whilst you wait. The eggs benedict where so yummy, the eggs were poached perfectly and runny- just the way I like them. I enjoyed them so much that I ordered the same thing the next morning.

I ordered room service several times and it always tasty and fresh. And I only had to wait like 20 minutes on the first night and that was when the hotel was fully booked and had functions happening as well.

I used the pool and at 25m you can swim laps or use the spa, there is also a steam room and sauna that is available to be used. I did have a peek into the gym and from the amount of people using the equipment it looks like it is well set out. However I prefer swimming to lifting weights.

Overall I really really liked this hotel. I don't think when I go to Melbourne again I will be able to stay anywhere else. Especially if they continue to offer the package which includes breakfast, 120 food and beverage credit and late check out at 2PM. I definitely recommend this hotel and will be returning next time I head to Melbourne

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear soloTravellerGirl

Thank you for passing on your feedback. I was very happy to read that you had a memorable stay and that you had the opportunity to experience some of the hotels services and facilities. Also, of course extremely pleased to learn that you rate us as the 'Best Hotel in Melbourne' and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Robert Dawson – General Manager

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is fairly nice, and rooms are large / in relatively good condition - though a refresh wouldn't be terrible. But the staff really have somewhat of a bad attitude, and the hotel definitely doesn't maintain the service standard of its class or company. Australian service is generally poor/indifferent, but even set against that low bar, the Park Hyatt Melbourne is a bit of a dog.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Dawson_Robert, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear gzicherm

Thank you for your feedback. I was disappointed to read your comments regarding your service experience during your stay. Could I ask you to email me at melbourne.park@hyatt.com with your stay details so that we can further investigate this matter? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Robert Dawson – General Manager

Reviewed 2 December 2013

If I had a magic wand and wanted to create an ideal hotel, this would be it. After a 23 hour flight, we arrived quite drained and early (10:30am) for usual check-in. The front desk had our room ready within 15 minutes. When we arrived our suite could not have been better appointed. Oversized marble bath/closet with jacuzzi tub, separate shower with high water pressure, double bowled glass sinks & secluded toilet area. Coffee/tea service along with fully stocked bar/champagne glasses, vanity area/makeup mirror, double desk, complimentary water bottles and mattress toppers. Slippers, robes, electric current changers, mirrored bath TV, and a bose system round out the amenities. There is not one item that could be added to this room that would make for a better stay. Bravo!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Dawson_Robert, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear perfectvacation,

Thank you for your feedback. I was most pleased to learn you enjoyed your recent stay and found all the hotel’s services and amenities to your satisfaction. We were delighted to have had the opportunity to accommodate you and look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Hyatt Melbourne soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed at the Park Hyatt for 2 nights on a short break. It's a quiet leafy location, just off to the corner of the CBD. I had requested, and was given, an early check-in which I greatly appreciated. My room was clean, spacious and luxurious. I found the business centre handy with its iMac, PC and a printer. The lap pool looked inviting and the gym had a good range of equipment. I enjoyed the full buffet breakfast at the in-house restaurant, Radii, but was less impressed by it at dinner due to slow service and the tough meat in my duck dish. The Park Hyatt is a wonderfully relaxing place to stay, but probably best try the great range of restaurants nearby for dinner.

Room Tip: Although my room was on the first floor overlooking the cathedral, the double glazed windows meant t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SydneyMum3
Dawson_Robert, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear SydneyMum3,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback. I was delighted to learn that you found most of the hotel’s services and facilities to your satisfaction, in particular our Park Club Health & Day Spa. Your comments regarding dinner in radii restaurant have been duly noted and shared with our Executive Chef and restaurant manager. We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne sometime in the new year, if not before.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We recently spent 7 days in our first trip to Melbourne. The first four days were at the Westin Melbourne followed by three nights at the Park Hyatt. Our previous experiences with the Park Hyatt Sydney led to expect much more from the hotel. The staff overall had a whimsical demeanor and never went out of our way to greet us. Our room had electrical light problems (lights turned off and on when you were in the shower) and it was located on the side of the building where you heard PA announcements from the hospital most mornings. No treats delivered to your room and in our case they weren't concerned to deliver us the daily paper we requested.

It will not be a hotel we stay at again. The Park Hyatt ambience did not exist.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RCharlesEpperson
Dawson_Robert, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear RCharlesEpperson,

Thank you for your feedback. I was sorry to learn of your disappointment with regard to your recent stay with us. Your comments in reference to the lighting, staff demeanour and lack of newspapers have all been noted and action taken accordingly. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and despite your unfortunate experience, I do hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne.