“This is 5 Star” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“This is 5 Star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed after we had our 2nd daughter. We have stayed before just as a couple but also stayed with children. It is a great hotel in a quite city position in close proximity to most things. Staff are excellent and food is first class.
Enjoyable stay and if you are use to 5 star accommodation this will tick all the boxes for you. Funny enough our new PM (Tony Abbott) stayed there when we were there. So if the PM stays there its gotta be good!
Thanks and will certainly return.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear Elissa S,
I am pleased to hear your family enjoyed their stay at our property.
I will pass on your comments to our appreciative staff, and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Brett Sweetman – Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Mount Coolum, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I had a "weekend escape" by myself a couple of weeks back. Same as a few other reviewers I arrived and was told my room wasn't ready. It was 1:30 and check in at 2. So I came back at 2 and still wasn't ready. It wasn't the best first impression. 20 minutes later I was finally told my room was ready after just sitting....and waiting.
I had the most amazing room, a suite over looking the driveway and a partial view of the Cathedral. A tv in the bathroom was a highlight, and a gorgeous big spa bath.
The Day Spa was incredible, well run and the staff were lovely - I went back both days I loved it so much.
The location is fantastic, tram stop and train station only 4 minutes walk and you can pretty much get anywhere. Public transport in Melbourne in very cheap too. I also walked into the city as it was only 15 minutes walk.
There have been other comments on the staff not smiling, I noticed the same thing. They were informative and helpful but didn't seem overly happy. There also didn't seem to be a great amount of staff, always had to que to ask a question etc. There only ever seemed to be 1 person on reception with often 2 or 3 people waiting.
I dined in the hotel a couple of times, was disapointed in the deserts but the entrees and mains were enjoyable at the restaurant.
The courtyard was lovely to have lunch and read a newspaper and get some fresh air.

Overall I will definitely stay again. I'll bring the whole family next time!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Neats777,
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property, and took advantage of our great location.
You have raised some valuable points that I will share with the team, to further assist us in exceeding our guests expectations.
Thank you for your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you and the family back to Park Hyatt Melbourne soon.
Tecoma, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Park Hyatt Melbourne for our wedding anniversary. We booked through wotif.com and got a nice discount on the King Spa room. When we checked in, however, they asked if it was a special occasion. When they heard it was our anniversary we were immediately upgraded to a Club room. We were very impressed.
Our room was amazing, and we felt like rock stars. It was very spacious, with a lovely balcony view, and a huge bathroom. The bed was very comfortable, and enormous. We liked the little details, such as the Nespresso machine. The hotel is conveniently located in the CBD, and a short taxi ride to Crown if you don't want to walk.
When we returned from dinner in the city, we discovered a bottle of champagne on ice and chocolates in our room. We were surprised, and again felt special because of the attention of the hotel staff.
We would definitely stay here again for special occasions, mostly because of the excellent hotel staff and giving us an upgrade!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ElizabethS2,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your special occasion at our property, and you were able to feel like “rock stars”!
I am glad you enjoyed our convenient location, we look forward to seeing you at Park Hyatt Melbourne again.
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I really enjoyed the Park Hyatt Melbourne. It is probably the nicest Hyatt property that I have visited. I booked a club king room, which was spacious, luxurious and well-appointed. The service was also quite good and unobtrusive. My only complaint regarding this hotel is the the air conditioning. It was quite hot in Melbourne during my stay, and the air conditioning could not keep up.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear dcbrown24,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your spacious Club King Room and enjoyed your stay. The abnormal heat wave Melbourne experienced in January did place additional demands on our air conditioning, however we did everything possible to ensure our guests were comfortable and could escape the extreme heat.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne, when you next visit Melbourne.
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

This review has to start with the fact that we stayed at the Sydney Hyatt just before arriving here. The difference was startling. The Sydney Hyatt had a true warmth, and the staff at the Melbourne Park Hyatt were unfriendly, disinterested, almost invisible. The entry is grand with marble but with the coolness of the staff coupled with the marble, and generally unfriendly restaurant staff, it felt hard to get excited by our lovely rooms. We were 8, stayed in 3 rooms that were attractive, clean - no complaints. The breakfast food was very good: good selection, good quality, great fruit selection. The pool is indoors because Melbourne can be cool. It's not a heated pool. The location of the hotel is a few blocks from the centre. I would choose a hotel closer to the action, and look for staff that reflects the amazing people in Australia. Australians were very friendly everywhere - except at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Lunch E
Dear Lunch E,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne.
We do our utmost to ensure our staff are pleasant and friendly at all times, and upon reading your comments I was most concerned to hear your feedback of our staff being unfriendly and disinterested. Please accept my apologies, and rest assured that this matter will be followed up with all employees of the hotel.
We certainly appreciate your valuable feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne in the future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this property for the night whilst attending the Australian Open.

The staff were excellent and attentive throughout my stay. The rooms were great, but trying to find a spare power outlet to charge my phone and laptop, resulted in having to unplug a light. In addition, the air con unit didn't appear to work very well, though with the temperature outside (40c+) at the time, I am sure it was being overworked!

I would certainly return to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in a quieter part of town, or if they are visiting for the tennis or cricket, which is within walking distance.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nick S
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Nick S,
I appreciate you providing your feedback following your stay at our hotel.
During your stay at our property, the city experienced a heat wave over five consecutive days, resulting in some guest rooms operating one degree higher than usual. The hotel did everything possible to meet guest expectations over this unexpected period, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused.
In regards to our guest room power points, we are currently installing additional points in many of our guest rooms to assist our guests.
Thank you for staying with us during the Australian Open, we look forward to welcoming you back again.
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I rarely leave reviews but I feel obligated to after the terrific two-week stay I've just had in this hotel. Everything from checking in to checking out was first class and I never saw a member of staff without a smile on their face throughout my stay. The receptionists and kitchen staff were a pleasure to deal with and the housekeepers did a phenomenal job. The best hotel in the world (I've stayed in!)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JD_9147
Dear DJ_9147,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review, your comments will be well received by all hotel staff.