“Fantastic weekend!”

Park Hyatt Melbourne
Ranked #10 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Beautiful spacious room, loved the layout and great view.Welcoming staff and great room service. A very relaxing weekend, breakfast in our room was wonderful. Great location and restaurants just a few minutes walk away, we will be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Jane J,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne.
We look forward to welcoming you back again for your next weekend getaway.
Brett Sweetman – Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,965)

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Park Hyatt Melbourne smells like a duty free perfume lounge and I think that underlies the psyche of the management. On arrival I refused to sign a document that I could simply no ridiculous fsmall c because of a ridiculously small font siz,. It doesn't matter how old the reader is, but the X and Y crew has to allow us baby boomers to shell out our money in a user friendly manner,

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear David H,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your check in experience last week. I understand a "larger font" registration card (printed on A4 paper) was provided to you following your request, and assisted you greatly. We have taken note for your future bookings at the hotel, and also briefed our staff on how to assist guests in such situations.
Thank you for your time to discuss this with me during your visit at our property.
Regards
Brett Sweetman - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Truly majestic and above 5 Stars!!! Royal interiors and fresh & live feelings everywhere. Courteous staff and delicious food. Plenty of International Tennis Players choose this during AO games and I felt very elite with them around :) Would love to visit with family next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Shanbhag_RS
Brett_Sweetman, Hotal Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Shanbhag_RS,
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne. I appreciate your comments, and look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne in the near future.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

In early December, we went to Melbourne for a weekend getaway. I chose the Park Hyatt as I wanted a luxurious and relaxing weekend away in a grand suite with all the bells and whistles. After having been in Tokyo for 6 months, I was in need of space and a soft bed! We weren't disappointed. We arrived unexpectedly early in the morning and the checkin staff were great...although a room wasn't available straight away, the lady called my mobile as promised about an hour later while we were out having breakfast. The room was amazing. Most importantly the bed was huge and soft and we both had the best sleeps. Room service was very nice. The cappuccino was not of a Melbourne standard though and was very milky. We had a truly lovely time at the hotel and we will definitely be back. The only negatives which I noticed was that at no point did any staff help with luggage while getting into or out of the taxi, or at checkin. This service was noticeably absent at checkin when we had to leave our bags while we went to breakfast. We were told we could check them in at the bell hop outside and then carried them out ourselves as no help was organized. I found this very odd, and not what i would expect of a top hotel. Even though we only had weekender bags, I expect at a 5 star hotel to have to fight staff off from trying to take even the smallest of bags. On the flip side though the staff were extremely helpful in using CCTV footage to track a taxi that a mobile phone was left in which we managed to get back! Also, checkin could do with more staff as the was always a queue. I found the staff at the front desk very pleasant and helpful.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Glenn C,
It is pleasing to hear you enjoyed your weekend getaway at Park Hyatt Melbourne and you were able to relax and unwind.
I have noted your comments in regards to our Bell Desk baggage service, and I will share your comments with the relevant staff. This is below the required service standards of our property, and I will discuss this with the team
We certainly appreciate your valuable feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne in the future.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed after we had our 2nd daughter. We have stayed before just as a couple but also stayed with children. It is a great hotel in a quite city position in close proximity to most things. Staff are excellent and food is first class.
Enjoyable stay and if you are use to 5 star accommodation this will tick all the boxes for you. Funny enough our new PM (Tony Abbott) stayed there when we were there. So if the PM stays there its gotta be good!
Thanks and will certainly return.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Elissa S,
I am pleased to hear your family enjoyed their stay at our property.
I will pass on your comments to our appreciative staff, and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I had a "weekend escape" by myself a couple of weeks back. Same as a few other reviewers I arrived and was told my room wasn't ready. It was 1:30 and check in at 2. So I came back at 2 and still wasn't ready. It wasn't the best first impression. 20 minutes later I was finally told my room was ready after just sitting....and waiting.
I had the most amazing room, a suite over looking the driveway and a partial view of the Cathedral. A tv in the bathroom was a highlight, and a gorgeous big spa bath.
The Day Spa was incredible, well run and the staff were lovely - I went back both days I loved it so much.
The location is fantastic, tram stop and train station only 4 minutes walk and you can pretty much get anywhere. Public transport in Melbourne in very cheap too. I also walked into the city as it was only 15 minutes walk.
There have been other comments on the staff not smiling, I noticed the same thing. They were informative and helpful but didn't seem overly happy. There also didn't seem to be a great amount of staff, always had to que to ask a question etc. There only ever seemed to be 1 person on reception with often 2 or 3 people waiting.
I dined in the hotel a couple of times, was disapointed in the deserts but the entrees and mains were enjoyable at the restaurant.
The courtyard was lovely to have lunch and read a newspaper and get some fresh air.

Overall I will definitely stay again. I'll bring the whole family next time!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Neats777,
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property, and took advantage of our great location.
You have raised some valuable points that I will share with the team, to further assist us in exceeding our guests expectations.
Thank you for your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you and the family back to Park Hyatt Melbourne soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Park Hyatt Melbourne for our wedding anniversary. We booked through wotif.com and got a nice discount on the King Spa room. When we checked in, however, they asked if it was a special occasion. When they heard it was our anniversary we were immediately upgraded to a Club room. We were very impressed.
Our room was amazing, and we felt like rock stars. It was very spacious, with a lovely balcony view, and a huge bathroom. The bed was very comfortable, and enormous. We liked the little details, such as the Nespresso machine. The hotel is conveniently located in the CBD, and a short taxi ride to Crown if you don't want to walk.
When we returned from dinner in the city, we discovered a bottle of champagne on ice and chocolates in our room. We were surprised, and again felt special because of the attention of the hotel staff.
We would definitely stay here again for special occasions, mostly because of the excellent hotel staff and giving us an upgrade!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ElizabethS2,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your special occasion at our property, and you were able to feel like “rock stars”!
I am glad you enjoyed our convenient location, we look forward to seeing you at Park Hyatt Melbourne again.