“Fantastic!”

Park Hyatt Melbourne
Ranked #8 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for one night over the weekend and it was amazing! Room was wonderful and the spa with television was fantastic! The pool and spa were a great way to relax. We had dinner in the resturaunt and it was beautiful! Buffet breakfast was to die for! All staff we encountered were wonderful, warm and inviting. I would recommend the park hyatt highly and we will be returning again very soon.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alison S
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Alison S,
I appreciate you sharing your feedback following your stay at our hotel. It is pleasing to hear you both took advantage of the hotel facilities, and thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our property.
Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We spent two nights in the Park Hyatt which showed the kind of attention to detail you would expect from a top class hotel. It clearly serviced the accommodation needs of the nearby parliament. The lobby is huge and luxurious, with comfy sofas down one side and access to a small courtyard, both places where you can get breakfast refreshments, if you don't want the extensive buffet, and early evening drinks. We didn't use the restaurant as it was closed on our first night but wished we had as we went down to the creatively decorated bar where I was given the most fabulous salt caramel cocktail by their mixologist. Our room was extravagantly large, with an enormous dressing area, shower, and double sink, corner bath. All fittings were lovely - wood and glass. A special mention for the staff. The reception guys were incredibly knowledgeable, giving us advice on an alternative Chinese restaurant when we couldn't get in to the one we'd picked, and generally providing helpful information. The efficient guy at the front desk even arranged for our hire car to be picked up instead of us driving to a central Melbourne location - so thoughtful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear notacouchpotato,
Your feedback following your stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne is much appreciated.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay - your comments will be well received by all hotel staff, especially our reception team.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Melbourne.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Spent a lovely night in this hotel and could not fault it. The staff are incredibly polite and professional, with sincere and engaging conversation. The lobby is breath-taking and beautifully appointed. We enjoyed a King Deluxe room which came with access to Park Gardens lounge, where free cocktails, wine and canapés were offered in comfortable surrounds. We also enjoyed a lovely massage, late night drinks at their bar and an amazing breakfast. I have been all over Europe and this is by far the greatest breakfast I have encountered, well worth a visit. The rooms were beautifully appointed, large and spacious for the price. The bed was supremely comfortable and lots of little extras you don't normally receive. Perfect!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Aceagent,
I was pleased to read you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne. I will be delighted to share your comments with the hotel team, and pass on your comments to the chef regarding our breakfast selection.
Thank you for your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Melbourne.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Short stay in Melbourne for business. Huge corner room, great design, high quality materials throughout, v comfortable bed, quiet (court view). Bathroom was huge w separate shower and bathtub, amenities exceeded the usual standards. Nice bar-restaurant w/ decent food and good choice of drinks. Well trained staff everywhere. V decent breakfast buffett with many healthy choices. Hotel overall left a very good impression and was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Norm268,
Thank you for your detailed feedback following your recent stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our property and took advantage of our facilities and great location.
We hope to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne, when you next visit Melbourne.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Beautiful rooms which are very spacious. Great for a romantic getaway. Good service and a little away from the main hustle and bustle but close enough to make a short walk to all the main shopping and dining areas. Parliament House and the public transport station is close by. A little expensive but I'd expect that for a quality hotel. We attended a company function here which was expertly run and the food was excellent. I recommend this hotel and would gladly stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear rlazzara,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne. It was pleasing to read your comments regarding our ideal location and our spacious guest rooms, and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to you returning to Park Hyatt Melbourne next time you visit Melbourne.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I had a pleasant stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne. The receptionists and service staff were very friendly and polite. Also the rooms were very clean and spacious. I also liked the fact that there is a TV at the big bathtub... definitely great for relaxing!!

Only thing is that they could look into the electrical circuitry of the room. The lights flickered and turned themselves on and off. The TV turned itself on at night too. I wouldn't attribute it to anything supernatural but it might
scare other guests.

• Stayed: March 2014
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear MinSquare,
Your feedback following your stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne is much appreciated.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay - your comments will be well received by all hotel staff. Upon receiving your review, we have investigated your room and discovered a circuit board issue that has now been repaired. I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for raising this to our attention.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Melbourne.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We recently spent 1 night at The Park Hyatt. I was lucky enough to have a gift certificate which included valet parking, breakfast for 2 & 1 night accommodation.
The hotel is wonderful & the service was generally good. Our King room was huge & beautifully appointed. The bathroom was fantastic & everything you could want was at hand. You could even order certain toiletry items complimentary if you forgot them.
Breakfast in the morning was delicious, though there was a little confusion with our poached egg order & it was given to another guest, however when we received them, they were cooked to perfection, though our toast in the meantime had gone cold. Oh well, first world problems, i know!
The swimming pool & spa was great. Though the spa is a very strange shape. We were even able to continue to use the pool & spa facilities after check out, so that was a nice way to spend an afternoon.

We did encounter a few issues, that were resolved, however at a 5 star hotel, i expected a little bit more of attention to detail.

1. My confirmation advised a 2pm check in time, I arrived approx 3pm, however room was not ready. I didn't end up getting access to the room until approx. 4pm, i was not the only person that encountered this, it seemed to be the norm when i stayed. I was offered a complimentary drink in the lounge which was nice, however for a 5star hotel, i expected rooms to be ready at check-in not 2 hours after check-in.
2. Received a bill under the door during the night for $50 for valet parking. On the way to breakfast went to front desk to advise that valet was included in the voucher. The girl helping me spoke to the person who had checked me in the previous day who advised that it wasn't included. I said look at the voucher, it stipulates valet parking, after retrieving the voucher, he admitted to not reading the voucher properly.
3. Upon checkout, was given a bill for $80 for 2 breakfasts. I advised that breakfast was included in the voucher. Again, they had to dig out the voucher, to see that it was included. Simple suggestion, how about at check in, you put in the system what a voucher covers, so that the guest is not constantly charged for items already included for in the voucher.

I would have given the hotel 5/5 however due to the issues we encountered, as detailed above, have only given 4/5. I just expected a 5 star hotel to have more attention to detail.
We did enjoy staying the night & would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MelbourneKaren67,
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our property and took advantage of our facilities, however your comments regarding your room delay upon check in and small billing issues have been discussed with the team. I apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your valuable feedback.
I look forward to you returning to Park Hyatt Melbourne again.