Although I left Melbourne more than 10 years ago, it was my home town of nearly 30 years, so when I travel there for work and do not stay with relatives, I am very selective as to where I stay. The Park Hyatt has always been my husband's preferred hotel in Melbourne when he travels there - last year we chose to stay together at the Westin which we both thought was fabulous, so I wasn't sure what to expect on my first stay here at the Park Hyatt (the venue for which I was attending a work meeting).
The location of the Park Hyatt is great - it is in a quiet upmarket pocket of the CBD, adjacent to the Fitzroy Gardens and across the road from the cafes of Little Collins St, and easy walking distance to the shops of Collins St, Bourke St etc. The hotel itself has beautiful grand decor, although its classical look is starting to look a touch dated in some areas - housekeeping & maintenance is immaculate though and about the only thing I would suggest is that a change of carpet in the corridors & rooms soon would probably be all that's required to lift the decor a little. The staff were extremely welcoming, friendly & courteous.
At check-in I was delighted to be informed that I'd been upgraded to suite 1247 & was granted a 12.30pm check-out. The suite was on the 12th floor, facing north over the church with plenty of natural light, consisted of a separate living area with gas fire, huge bathroom with separate toilet, and a large dressing room. It was a lovely spacious suite, and to be honest, for all the 5-star hotels we have stayed in, it had one of the biggest hotel bathrooms I have come across! Whilst I am not a fan of white marble, it did look grand & luxe!
- Beautiful gas heater in the living room
- Dimmable lighting in all rooms
- Flat screen TVs - living room, bedroom, bathroom
- Large dressing room with safe
- Divinely comfortable bed & pillows a plenty
- Nice amenities
Unfortunately, the breakfast looked absolutely sensational, but I didn't get to enjoy it. I ordered it at 8am, I rang to query it's late arrival at 8.40am and then when it finally arrived at 8.55am, I was running out the door for my 9am meeting, so had to leave it sitting there uneaten. By the time I arrived back in the room at noon for the lunch break, it was cold and far less appetising than what it would have been at 8.30am. Disappointing for a luxury business hotel.
Overall, it was "an ALMOST perfect stay"….. if not for the mishap with my breakfast order. Judging by the otherwise high level of service, this would appear to have been an isolated unsatisfactory event, and had it not occurred, my stay would have been perfect...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Fitzroy Gardens and the cosmopolitan mix of Victorian and modern architecture of the central business district, Park Hyatt Melbourne offers an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of the city. Our hotel in Melbourne CBD provides a warm ambiance and exceptional levels of personalised service and luxury amenities. Renowned for having the largest 240 guestrooms & suites in Melbourne with walk in robes, Italian marble ensuites and open windows, our luxury hotel provides an unparalleled experience of elegant, contemporary luxury. Guests are invited to enjoy the award-winning radii restaurant & bar, the vibrant Tea Lounge and Park Club Health & Day Spa featuring an indoor aquamarine pool, spa, sauna, gym and private sun deck. Our Melbourne hotel is only 22km from Melbourne Airport, and is convenient to most city attractions around the city centre. It is within walking distance to the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), home of the Australian Football League (AFL) and test cricket, The Melbourne Museum and the best boutique shopping, cafes, restaurants and theatre districts. Park Hyatt Melbourne is also ideally positioned just steps from Parliament Station and Melbourne's free tram zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Hyatt Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Hyatt Melbourne
- Melbourne Hyatt