“Value for money for A$230 for a 2 bedroom on hotels.com”

Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne
Ranked #50 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Singapore
“Value for money for A$230 for a 2 bedroom on hotels.com”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment. We had requested for a high floor but was provided an apartment on the twelve floor instead i.e. Apartment 78.

One bedroom was a king bed but the gap/ walking area was hampered by the door. The other foot of the bed was also hampered by a column which jutted out (I stumped my toe a few times). The bathroom had a long bath with a clear shower glass screen. However the water pressure is a bit weak and the temperature consistency leaves to be much desired. Wall mounted flatscreen tv in this room only.

The other room was 2 singles; the ensuite had the washer and dryer. The bedroom doors were sliding doors.

Kitchen wise we did not do any cooking but had wanted to use the water boiler for making hot coffee. However it looked a bit old and dodgy so we used the microwave instead.

Housekeeping includes the daily change of towels but a bit inconsistent at times. On lucky days we in the king bedded room would be provided hair conditioner.

Car park is at aud21 daily whereas the unlimited 1day Internet is aud24.95 (expensive and still lagging).

Car Park is really tight. The Exit and Enterance uses the same driveway so drive slowly and cautiously here. One morning we found ourselves stuck in there for 15 mins as we were trying to exit and other cars kept streaming in to park. One BMW driver refuse to bulge as she maybe didn't want to get her car scratch in that tight place lol.

Pros: Complimentary newspaper and Marie Clarie at the recep area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Lunardello, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, 13 June 2011
Thankyou for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Medina Grand Melbourne.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. In relation to the points you have raised I have addressed your concerns with the relevant departments to improve our overall guest experience.

I would like to thank you providing this feedback and if you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Area Hotel General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2011

After having stayed with the family at Mantra Jolimont we had low expectations of family accommodation. We decided to pay a bit extra and were very glad we did. The rooms were spacious and nicely furnished. They were clean and had a lovely view of the market and north of the city. The kids loved the balcony!
Room service was excellent (contracted out to Gourmet on the Go) and the pool and gym were adequate. The only downside was that we requested an early check in and were unable to be accommodated, in fact had to drive around for an hour until after 2 pm, the scheduled check in time. I would recommend staying here.

Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind feedback and I am delighted you enjoyed your family visit to Melbourne and our well appointed, spacious, clean rooms at Medina Grand Melbourne. I will be sure pass your compliments onto my team of whom I am very proud.

I have also addressed your comments in relation to early check in as you should have been offered the option to park your vehicle and leave your luggage with us. When you return to check in, your luggage would have been waiting for you in your apartment.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Grand Melbourne in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Great room and attentive staff. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Lunardello, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, 1 June 2011
Thank you for your kind feedback and I am very glad you enjoyed your stay at Medina Grand Melbourne. I will be sure pass your compliments onto my team of whom I am very proud.

Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Rang up last week to make a reservation over the phone and was quoted a price for a two night stay in july for a girls weekend away. The guy quoted me a price over the phone and i agreed to go ahead with the reservation. Before i hung up i double checked the date and price. I then sent an email the following day asking for a confirmation for my records. The email came with a different price - i then sent another email asking why the price was different. The reply from the sender was basically that the price i was originally quoted is not correct and this is the new price for our stay. I sent an email back saying i thought this was misleading to which i received another email from another person which was very unprofessional with spelling mistakes and our incorrect dates...to be honest the email did not make sense. So far not happy with the service we have received from Medina...we are definately reconsidering our stay!!

Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank tash_Sam
Lunardello, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, 16 May 2011
Thank you for speaking with me today and I am glad that we have resolved the confusion in relation to your booking at Medina Grand Melbourne.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. In relation to the points you have raised I have addressed your concerns with the reservations department to improve our overall guest experience.

Again I would like to thank you providing this feedback and trust that you will have a very enjoyable weekend at Medina Grand Melbourne.

Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 April 2011

From the moment of check in until we left, I could hardly fault the service and accomodation at the Medina Grand. I researched accomodation in Melbourne to death and finally decided on this hotel and was not disappointed! We arrived early and the young man at the desk did his utmost to try and get us into our room earlier than the 2pm check in time (which he did)! We stayed in a one bedroom deluxe appartment and it was clean, spacious and comfortable. The only thing lacking was a view of the city but figured you can't have everything! For an inner city hotel it wasn't too noisy and the location couldn't be better for getting around Melbourne on foot and tram - also loads of eateries on your doorstep. The staff were very friendly and accomodating from the reception staff to the cleaners. I utilised the gym and swimming pool every day and they were all clean and well maintained. Close to Southern X station for the Sky Bus - about 1km walk.
All in all a thoroughly enjoyable stay!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank janine_k1
Lunardello, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, 4 May 2011
We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Grand Melbourne in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Perfectly located in the CBD for both business and pleasure. The rooms are spacious, very clean and comfortable. The staff go out of their way to give you the best room available and meet your requests. I'd stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
The team at Medina Grand Melbourne are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. We are glad that our very central location suited all your needs.

Wagga Wagga, Australia
Reviewed 29 March 2011

The hotel and its staff exceeded our expectations right from the start. All employees in which we had contact with (reception, porters and housekeeping) were both friendly and courteous. The hotel was centrally located (in the heart of the CBD), close to all of the major shops. The One Bedroom Apartment was spacious and included all of the amenities in which one requires for a longer length of stay - space, full kitchen and washing machine/dryer.
Overall, our experience was a very memorable one and will most certainly be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
The team at Medina Grand Melbourne are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback regarding our team, our service, our hotel and our location.