“Great location ”

Ranked #69 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“Great location ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Inner city hotel with everything close by. Walking distance to trams and trains, so easy to get around
Close to the Paris end of Collins Street, walk to Bourke St mall
Really helpful and friendly staff - nothing was too much trouble.
Rooms are clean, bathrooms are a little on the small side.
It wasn't my first visit and it won't be my last.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Nicky_c79
KarenLTaylor, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for your positive review and feedback regarding our team and cleanliness. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Regards Karen Taylor, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I got a great deal to stay in this place . But unfortunately the standard is not quite what we expected. We got the low floor and so the view was non existent . The bathroom size is a joke.
The room also did not have adequate lighting . We did not kick up a fuss. As a tourist we were not in our room much. Parking in Melbourne is expensive . So the charge of $30 per day is reasonable . But it is as convenient to walk and take public transport.
The staff was helpful , the breakfast was good and the bed was comfortable . I cannot fault the location but I did not get to view the lovely flagstaff garden . Will I stay here next time. It will depend on my budget . Will not be my first choice .

Room Tip: Avoid the lower floor and try and face the park. Bathroom are tiny , be prepared for one at a time.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nightowl037
KarenLTaylor, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast, bed and that our team was helpful. Please do not hesitate to request a high floor in the future and we will always try to meet requests if possible. We hope to welcome you back in the future. Regards Karen Taylor, General Manager
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great service but an average facility. Rooms were underwhelming and dated. I also found myself wondering what the benefit of being in the Accor Hotels Club was - I paid full price for everything and received no upgrade of any kind.
That being said, what a lovely shower head!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Backstagebetty
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to read that our facilities did not meet your expectations. We certainly value all our loyalty members including Le Club Members and Advantage Plus members. If you did not feel special, we did not do our job, please accept my apology! We hope to see you in one of Accor’s hotels in the near future. Regards Karen Taylor ps. Glad you enjoyed the shower.
Newcastle, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I found for the money we paid we did not get value. The bathrooms were extremely small. Meals were very small to what you paid. Staff were very good could not fault them. Wifi you had to pay for , first hotel I've ever had to do that it I find that fascinating where stores have free wifi even McDonald's but it's an extra cost at a hotel on top of paying a premium price for the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bigger bathroom
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Medula80
Thank you for your review and positive feedback regarding our team. I am sorry that on this occasion you did not feel you received value for money. Regarding the WIFI, we currently have 30 minutes free in the lobby per day and free WIFI for our Silver Le Club Members in your room, which may be an option for you in the future if you frequent Accor hotels regularly. We hope to see you again in the future. Regards Karen Taylor, General Manager
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I attended the World AIDS Conference 2014 and had a 5-night stay in this hotel. It's a very comfortable hotel at the "Center of the Universe" with very helpful receptionists. Thus, I can easily walk one block to the nearest Ticket Master to buy tix for the King and I performance at the Princess Theatre which only 3 blocks away from the hotel with a quick stop for amazing dinner at the Rare Steakhouse near McGraths Ln. Easy access within walking distance to the super-happening Collins and Little Collins Street for Hopetoun Tearoom & Old & Rare Books (or fashion if you're into it), rows of junk food and of course, Starbucks. Also very closed to the ever classic Flinders Train Station and the Victoria Parliament.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank NoRiYu
brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Mercure for two nights over a weekend. Staff were so friendly & helpful my whole stay. Every employee I encountered was so happy to help with anything. The room was very comfortable, bathroom very small & a little awkward to move around in. Also can sort of see through the door so if sharing with a friend it could be a little uncomfortable. Very clean accommodation, amazing views from the balcony. The room came with a free coffee machine which was a nice bonus. The hotel is located in a very easy and convenient spot, I went for nice walks around the city and it was never too far from the hotel. Easy walks too, very flat and easy streets/laneways. Parking is a little expensive considering it's not even located in the hotel. All in all I would definitely return - the staff make you feel very welcome, there was little noise experienced in the room, views were amazing & location was fantastic. Reasonably priced & very comfortable bedding. Would highly recommend to anyone !

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank miss_shellyy
Thank you for your positive review and recommendation. It was great to read that our staff contributed to your enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back. Regards Karen Taylor, General Manager