I must have a short memory because last time we stayed at the Mercure we endured a sleepless night due to noise and 10 years later nothing has changed.
We arrived after an overnight flight with little sleep and asked for a quiet room.
It was on the 9th floor right opposite the elevator and to make matters worse upgrades to the heating and cooling were being done and I swear it was as though the drills, hammers etc were in our room. Relentless noise until we gave up trying to get a nap and went aout at about 5.30 pm. Next morning 7.30 am off they go again. You can also hear every sound from the corridor and next room but no street noise thank goodness.
So pleased we only stayed one night.
Bathroom small and modest, bed comfy. Ordered feather pillows which were good too.
Position good for shopping and footy
Front desk badly understaffed.
Sorry we really won't be back again - much better hotels in Melb for the same money !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens is in the city centre, near State Parliament, and overlooks picturesque Treasury Gardens. The hotel features 164 rooms, Hop Sing Bar & Food, with an Asian inspired menu designed for sharing, plus conference facilities for up to 200 people. The many boutiques of Collins Street are close by and it is an easy walk to Federation Square, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Rod Laver Arena, AAMI Park and Hisense Arena. The free city circle tram stops right at the front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne Spring Street