Metro Apartments on Bank Place
Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$122
  • Room Service
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$136
US$101
US$95
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$138
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$77
  • Free Internet
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$117
US$91
US$85
  • Restaurant
Pensione Hotel Melbourne - by 8Hotels(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$76
  • Restaurant
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$124
  • Fitness centre
US$319
US$257
  • Pool
All reviewsmitre tavernone bedroom apartmentgreat locationlane waywashing machinestay there againinner citycollins streetlight sleeperrestaurants and barscentral locationcouple of nightsfrom southern cross stationshort staycomfy bedpublic transporttram stop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Have been staying here each time I return to Melbourne as they often have great offers, aroung $110 for a studio apartment in a very central and quiet part of Melbourne. A bit shabby in the foyer, but amazing value.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
MetroAptsBankPlace, Manager at Metro Apartments on Bank Place, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Hello TorchbearerSydney,

Thank-you for taking the time to share your comments after your stay with us last December. We are glad to see that you enjoy our hospitality, value and central city location.

We have since your stay completed renovations in our reception area and we hope that you will get the chance to see the improvements next time you are in Melbourne.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We are disappointed, The beds where very hard and the pillows where like concrete. The room with very noisy you can hear people beside and above you when they are in the barthroom. The building was very hard to get in to for oldest people will not uses again.

Most staff where very helpful but not all.

1  Thank 833Aucklander

Hello 833Aucklander,

We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. We would greatly appreciate the chance to discuss this with you in further detail, so please don't hesitate to contact me directly on the phone or email details appearing on your invoice or booking confirmation.

Thank-you,

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed here over the long weekend. The location was good and fortunately we didn't have any noise problems however;
* I'm not sure how old the mattress we were sleeping on was but I could feel a spring in my back when lying down
* there was no spare bedding in our room and when I asked at reception for another blanket I was given a very strange look and after a 5 minute wait was present with quite an old worn looking blanket, apparently the only spare one.
* We could not figure out how to open the windows - it got quite stuffy at times
* Some of the TV channels weren't programmed correctly, either extremely quite, or didn't fit the screen correctly.

If the above issues weren't there we would go back time and again.

Dear Lauren H,

Thank-you for choosing to stay with us at Metro Apartments on Bank Place in Melbourne, and for leaving your feedback after your stay.

We appreciate any chance to improve the overall experience of our guests while with us, and since reading your feedback we have thoroughly investigated the condition of all of our beds and have in fact ordered replacements for a number of mattresses.

We apologise for the lack of freely available extra bedding during your stay; unfortunately during the last long weekend we had a large number of guest parties arrive with additional guests that had not been previously registered and our supplies of spare linen were unusually taxed. We would like to urge all travellers that when the accommodation needs of the group change that they contact their accommodation prior to arrival to ensure that there is sufficient time to make arrangements for additional guests to be suitably and comfortably accommodated.

If you ever come across room facilities which do not meet your expectations please don't hesitate to contact staff on duty; it is generally a simple request to do such things as retune a TV or explain the workings of the double-glazing on the windows so that you may have a comfortable accommodation experience.

If you have any further feedback to offer we are keen to hear it, please don't hesitate to contact us directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My husband & I booked this apartment on Saturday 5 April 2014 for the night to attend the Comedy Festival. We had a fantastic day, enjoying Hardware Lane & Jeff Green @ The Forum.
That, unfortunately, is where the fun ends. Instead of a restful nights sleep after a big day, I spent the night without sleep until 3am due to a nightclub directly behind our room.....
I informed the staff at Check Out that I was less than impressed, only for the (clearly) rehearsed and feeble suggestion that I should have informed the night staff, so they could call the Police to investigate the noise! On the following Monday morning,(this morning) I called the hotel Manager and pass on my dissatisfaction. His response was Gobsmackingly galling.
1. Try to give me a lesson on Melbourne's Nightclub Scene and their location......
Even after I informed him that I am, in fact, a Melbournian & partial to a nightclub.
Just not IN MY BEDROOM!!
2. Suggest that, due to me having booked through a Third Party, I was not entitled to any form of
Recompense......TRAVELOCITY - TAKE NOTE - Classic handball......
3. Last, but by NO MEANS LEAST...... He kindly offered me a night at the hotel,
Not COMPLIMENTARY as you would expect, but at a DISCOUNTED RATE!!!
Suffice to say, I declined to take up the opportunity to lose any further sleep, which leads me to the crux and moral of this story....... Had I done my homework, I would have seen the
MANY TRIPADVISOR REVIEWS dating right back to 2008, warning of the inevitability of sleeplessness that a Saturday night stay in this Establishment will bring. BUYER BEWARE.

4  Thank Emjayscob
MetroAptsBankPlace, Manager at Metro Apartments on Bank Place, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Hello Emjayscob,

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction after your recent weekend stay with us. We make no secret of the fact that we are located in the central city, nearby to some nightclubs which operate on Friday and Saturday nights and we certainly take the utmost care not to advertise ourselves in a way that would allude to being in a quiet location.

We apologise that these outside factors that impacted on your experience of our accommodation. Though we have no direct control over the night clubs we have 24 hour reception and staff are always available to assist you with your issues. On some occasions when the nearby entertainment establishments may generate an excessive amount of noise we can contact the relevant authorities to investigate and they are usually quite swift in bringing the sound levels back down to within local regulations. Our night staff are also able to assist in checking to ensure that the double-glazed window panels and block-out curtains in your apartment are appropriately placed for maximum noise dampening. Unfortunately, we cannot take this action when we are not made aware of the disturbance disrupting our guests.

We urge not only our guests, but any travellers experiencing issues of any kind, to contact the staff on duty with their accommodation provider; it is always preferable for all parties involved that the chance be given to address issues as they arise rather than for guests to simply suffer the inconvenience at the time and seek recompense after a stay that does not meet your needs and expectations. We also recommend that anybody who is a particularly sensitive sleeper or has any other specific requirements to contact the property prior to arrival to discuss your needs and which apartment type would best suit your requirements during your stay.

Emjayscob, we hope that you will reconsider the offer of a discounted future stay; please contact us directly to advise the dates you may require and we will be happy to discuss the alternate room options which would best suit you.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

My wife and I enjoyed 9 nights here to attend a conference at the nearby RACV Club (one minute walk away) and pre and post conference tours. We were very pleasantly surprised. Don't be put off by the steps leading up to a very ordinary frontage and very modest reception area and lifts that are not ultra modern. This is a boutique hotel establishment that definitely hits the mark. We had a room on the 9th floor with a king size bed, which was very comfortable. We liked the fact that the living area and kitchen and the bedroom were separate rooms. The kitchen was more than adequate and well stocked with eating and cooking utensils. We cooked quite a few meals here. The lounge area was small but we were comfortable watching the TV there. The bathroom facilities met our needs. We found the staff very efficient and helpful. What we particularly liked was the fact that this hotel is in historic Bank Place, one of those charming laneways that Melbourne is famous for, running between Little Collins and Collins Streets. Bank Place just oozes history with its jewel in the crown being the Mitre Tavern, 100 metres away and the oldest surviving building in Melbourne. It's a great place to relax and enjoy a drink or a meal after a hard day's touring. These Apartments represent excellent value for money and being in the heart of the Melbourne CBD you could not better the location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello OrderintheHouse,

Thank-you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at Metro Apartments on Bank Place during your trip to Melbourne.

We do indeed pride ourselves on the provision of a home-away-from-home setting for our guests on their trips and our staff are always keen to do the utmost to keep you happy during your stay.

We hope that you will return to see us again next time you are in Melbourne.

Harsha Karunaratna - Propery Manager