I had a single room with 2 queen beds on the 8th floor. for 3 nights.There is an adjoining shopping arcade next door. There is also a laneway nearly opposite to Spencer St. Station which is helpful.
One problem in Melbourne if you get public transport you need to pay $6 for a Miki card, like a credit card to buy tickets for the trains and trams.I'm not sure about the buses.
I did a very good tour of the Town Hall which is just a few minutes walk to the left when you come out of the hotel.
The showers give good pressure considering they use water saving devices. The bath is good but could be a bit deeper. The TV is good with a yoga workout and the pool is OK although a little small.
The staff are on the ball and very helpful.I was off to a wedding when the button on my suit jacket came off. The man at reception sewed it on for me on the spot and did a first class job.
I had a problem with the mini bar and the reception staff gave me the benefit of the doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Melbourne, Novotel Melbourne on Collins offers 380 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites. The 4.5 Star property is within walking distance of some of the finest attractions in Melbourne. Offering a contemporary restaurant and bar, indoor heated swimming pool & spa and fitness centre, it is the perfect choice for both business and leisure travellers. St. Collins Lane, located conveniently beneath the hotel is now open, Melbourne's most unique fashion destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda and ACCOR so you can book your Novotel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Novotel