The novotel is a funny brand. It sits between budget 'room only' brands and upmarket luxury brands. It's not 5 star but it's certainly not 'budget'. The novotel always feels like it's full of people who need to be staying somewhere but don't want to stay in pure 'budget' accommodation.
Novotel on collins is positioned amongst the coffee shop district of melbourne, with an easy walk out the back door down to the block arcade (worth while visiting if you are a visitor) or across the road to central place and degraves street, both amazing little hidden lanes with boutique coffee shops and food.
It's a short stroll from the hotel to the train (either Flinders Street or Southern Cross station) if you need to get around by train, it's no more than 5 minutes by foot to Melbourne Central and the main shopping mall's of Melbourne.
Currently there is a significant refurb of Australia on Collins so the usual 'bustle' of shops that you look over is just a big empty shopping mall. It will be interesting to see the re-open as in my mind it's an integral part of the hotel.
Rooms are well appointed and quiet, the executive rooms are huge, better in size than some 'higher level' brands in the Accorr chain of hotels at a significantly lower price. Bathrooms are modern and overall the rooms are comfortable and appealing.
For interstaters going to events at Etihad Stadium, this is an ideal location.
For those considering staying at Novotel, Sofitel etc, it's well worth investing in an Accor club card, even for a single stay you will find the discounts worth it.
This hotel isn't 'trendy', I wouldn't call it romantic and it's not boutique, but it's a great place to stay if you don't want to spend a small fortune and you don't want to feel like your staying at a backpackers.
On site restaurant and bar area is great with good food (for a hotel...) if you are sitting around waiting for an event.
Checkin-Checkout can get busy in the morning so make sure you allow enough time. Cars are parked offsite so factor this in if you are getting a valet to bring your car back - they have to walk to the garage and get it, and then fight the melbourne traffic to the front door of the hotel. There is curb side drop off only and it can get ferociously busy out the front during peak hour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Melbourne, Novotel Melbourne on Collins offers 380 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites. The 4.5 Star property is within walking distance of some of the finest attractions in Melbourne. Offering a contemporary restaurant and bar, indoor heated swimming pool & spa and fitness centre, it is the perfect choice for both business and leisure travellers. St. Collins Lane, located conveniently beneath the hotel is now open, Melbourne's most unique fashion destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Novotel