“Quiet location, small rooms.”
Review of Quest on Lonsdale

Quest on Lonsdale
Ranked #125 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
“Quiet location, small rooms.”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in a queen room. Room was clean and quite small compared to the photos. With a rollaway in the "living/kitchen" there wasnt much room. And the way the bedroom was set up, it was that dark that you lose all concept of time.

Asked the conceierge on their advice on a dat trip, and they couldny advise as their normal clientele wouldnt do those sort of things. Also had an issue with them trying to book a shuttle for me.

Was in an alrite location, would stay here again if desperate for somewhere, otherwise would stay closer to the centre of the city.

• Stayed August 2013
QOL, Director of Sales at Quest on Lonsdale, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Dear Amy K,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and I will ensure to pass on your comments to Management regarding local and tour concierge knowledge and lighting in the guest bathroom. Might i suggest upon your next stay to book a 2 Bedroom Apartment to ensure there is enough space for yourself and your guests as we provide a roll-away bed at an additional cost per night on the basis the guest has agreed to this set up.
Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to Quest on Lonsdale again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Our 2 bedroom apartment had everything we needed to make our 3 night stay quite pleasant. They're fairly compact however with 2 young children we still had space for them to play. Some of the chair backs were a little loose (screws) but management were quick to replace them with minimal fuss. The pantry shopping order I placed prior to our arrival was already placed in our fridge/ kitchen bench when we walked into our room. What a terrific service and they had everything I ordered! The rooms are clean, service is friendly and our stay was very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Quest on Lonsdale is a good mid-range option for business travellers and families. Though it clearly targets the former, families would find the apartments agreeable. Even though there is not gym on the property, Genesis Fitness is right across the street, and offers half-price entry for Quest guests (ask at hotel reception, as Genesis doesn't have the tickets). The gym is only open weekdays.

My only qualms are that a) the bed was too hard, b) I couldn't seem to get the aircon right, and c) (and this is a biggie) internet access is via ethernet, meaning that YOU CAN'T GET WIFI FOR YOUR iPAD. You also have to ask for a cable to connect to the ethernet from reception, or use the business centre (a bit of pain, especially when it takes multiple goes to log onto the internet there!). As for the aircon, I was either too hot or too cold while sleeping. The fact that the aircon blows straight on to the bed in the room I was in didn't help. But the doonas/comforters were more than adequate to compensate for the constant air. I did try to fiddle with the thermostat, but, not being much of a tech head, I failed.

But, all in all, with the fabulous location, good price, and good service from reception, I would choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room where there isn't an air vent that blows straight onto the bed.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
QOL, Director of Sales at Quest on Lonsdale, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear ChaiChai11,
Thank you for sharing such a lovely review from your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Quest on Lonsdale in the near future.
Brisbane
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Very compact but well laid out little apartments. Everything you need is here. Very practical for a few days.

Only criticism I have is that they could use a bit of soundproofing. Heard way too much of the screaming baby in the next room....

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank WorkerBrisbane
QOL, Director of Sales at Quest on Lonsdale, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Dear WorkerBrisbane,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Quest on Lonsdale.
We appreciate your feedback and I will ensure to pass on your comments to the Management regarding soundproofing.
Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to Quest on Lonsdale again in the future.
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Stayed at this property for 1 night. It was clean, quiet and the staff very helpful. Close to theatres and only short walk to CBD. Would suggest for short stays but not longer term as rooms pretty small. Bed was comfy though.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I stayed here for five nights on a corporate booking. This review is written in the context of the price charged for the room, which is similar to that charged by many other serviced apartment properties nearby. I found the room (on the sixth floor) absurdly small - you actually had to move the coffee table to make enough floor space to wheel your bag inside the room and leave room for the door to close. It wasn't possible to enter the bathroom and close the door without straddling the toilet bowl. The "kitchenette" featured only a microwave and cooktop, with no freezer or dishwasher or pots/pans to put on the cooktop. No bin was provided in the room. There was no internet connection available, paid or otherwise. My room adjoined the lift shaft and between the lift motor and noisy air conditioner plant, sleep was all but impossible. The room had a door adjoining the next suite, which wasn't lockable and bizarrely included a light switch for the next room, a feature presumably matched on the other side since my lights kept randomly turning out. The windows were rusted closed. Reception is not 24H and no after-hours service was offered, so I had great difficulty checking in and out. The property has a parking arrangement with a commercial car park next door, but this is also not 24H and doesn't open until 0930 on weekends, much too late for me. In order to access Quest pricing you need a ticket from the hotel, but although I asked repeatedly, they would only give me one at a time, meaning I had to plan my day around getting back to the hotel in time to pick up a parking ticket before reception closed. My room was not made up in the time I stayed there that I could tell.

Room Tip: Stay away from the lift.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
QOL, Director of Sales at Quest on Lonsdale, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear ADL4404,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Quest on Lonsdale. All guest feedback is of the utmost importance to us in order to maintain the high standards expected at a Quest property. We invite you to contact our Client Relationship Manager (Sandi Gemmell (03 9663 2888 or sgemmell@questapartments.com.au) in order to discuss your feedback in detail especially your comments on the housekeeping service, after hours service and internet service, as Quest on Lonsdale does have an onsite resident manager who is available at any time that reception is closed, and the property does offer a complimentary broadband internet service which is available in all apartments. We look forward to the opportunity to discuss your stay further.

Travellers are raving about these Melbourne hotels

Perth WA
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I have stayed here before for a holiday a few years ago, but returned this week for business.

This hotel is quite basic and the rooms are small but comfortable. The beds are HUGE, which is nice and there are plenty of extra pillows provided, which unfortunately for me was not any help as none of the pillows were adequate for me to sleep on (I do have neck issues) and I ended up sleeping on the ornamental cushion.

The bathroom was ok, my only complaint was the water pressure was poor and the hot water took several minutes to come through and was lost as soon as you adjusted the temperature with any cold water. My colleague on another floor said his was the same.

I would probably stay here again for work as it is a very handy location, but it is unlikely I would stay here again for personal holiday time as I like my downtime more when holidaying.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business